Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KOTOR 2 hang then returned to desktop, Need help

Page: 1 of 1
 Greatstar
11-20-2005, 5:24 PM
I had played for SWKOTOR 2 for hours unit game lockup for minutre then I got "program has ecountered a problem and needs to close" I restarted the game and keeping playing for hours, ok then another day, for another hours. game lock up again and I got program has ecountered a problem and needs to close" sometime. Is any way to stop game lockup somewhere in any place? For ex. lockup anytime anywhere like Refugee Quad in Nar Shaddaa.and Shyrack Cave in Korriban

[SWKotOR]
ReportDateTime=11/19/2005 8:04:55 AM
SysInfoVersion=v1.00.60
GameExists=1
GameVersion=v2.00.424
GameInstallLocation=C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\

[OS]
Name=WinXP
Version=Windows XP v5.1 build 2600 Service Pack 2
Service Pack=Service Pack 2
Status=Pass

[SwapFiles]
C:\pagefile.sys=768

[CPU]
CPUCount=1
CPUSpeed=1597
CPUFamily=15
CPUModel=1
CPUStepping=2
CPUVendor=Intel
CPUName= Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 1.60GHz
Status=Warning

[Memory]
RAM=512
Status=Pass

[Disk Free Space]
C: (NTFS), UNICODE=26.14GB
Status=Pass

[CD-ROMs]
DriveLetters=D:\
Drives=52X32COMBO

[Video]
Video Card Name=NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700LE
Video Memory=256
Desktop Resolution=1024x768x32 @ 60Hz
DirectX=DirectX 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)
OpenGL Version=2.0.0
OpenGL Vendor=NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Renderer=GeForce FX 5700LE/AGP/SSE2
NVidia Driver=6.14.10.7777
Vid Card Status=Pass
Vid Card Driver Status=Pass
GL Status=Pass
DX Status=Pass

[Audio]
Sound Card Name=Intel® 82801BA/BAM AC'97 Audio Controller
Status=Pass

;Game Options from swkotor2.ini

[Display Options]
FullScreen=1
Disable Movies=0
Disable Intro Movies=0
Sort Modules=1
Width=640
Height=480
BitsPerPixels=32
RefreshRate=60

[Sound Options]
Number 3D Voices=32
Number 2D Voices=32
2D3D Bias=1.00
Force Software=0
EAX=0
Sound Init=0
Disable Sound=0

[Graphics Options]
EnableHardwareMouse=1
FullScreen=0
RefreshRate=60
Width=800
Height=600
V-Sync=0
Texture Quality=2
Anti Aliasing=0

[Game Options]
TooltipDelay Sec=1
Disable Movies=1

[config]
firstrun=0
 stingerhs
11-21-2005, 2:00 AM
well, i'm honestly not too sure what to tell you. i had a very similar problem on my family computer (which uses a GeForce FX5600) where i would have to restart the computer after the game crashed every couple of hours. basically, it occured enough on a regular basis that it turned out to be a good way to monitor the time spent on the game, and i learned to live with it.

but since you seem more interested in fixing the problem, i can tell you that i highly suspected a memory leak. a memory leak essential prevents a program from freeing up memory, and as you load up more and more modules, the game eats up more and more of your memory until the program starts paging the hard drive almost constantly. eventually, the hard drive will start getting paged too much (since there's no memory left), and the program crashes since it can't store anymore data. the only way that i'm aware of that will fix the leak is to make sure you have the game patched and that you increase the amount of RAM that you have on your computer.

if you take the second route, i suggest getting either a 1GB stick or a 512MB stick, depending on which one fits your budget better.

hope that helps. :)
 SITHSLAYER133
11-21-2005, 3:01 PM
well i have 512mb ram i got this error once but i was runinnig music and steam in the background

my sugestion close other programs and then run it an see if it happens
Page: 1 of 1