Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

This makes no sense

Page: 1 of 1
 Emperor Devon
11-20-2005, 4:22 PM
I have a Radeon 9600 graphics card. I've heard people say that they have the same graphics card I do, and can enable frame buffer effects and anit-aliasing. For some reason, I cannot. How would I enable this? This problem has occured for both KOTOR and TSL.

I also have one other question. What does V-Sync do? I've turned it on and off, and there is no difference.
 stingerhs
11-21-2005, 1:50 AM
you might be able to get some results if you use the latest Catalyst drivers and if you use the 'DisableVertexBufferObjects=1' as specified in the "TSL: ATI Driver Issues" sticky, but as i've noticed with most ATI-equipped users that have come through, your results may vary, sometimes widely.

as for V-Sync, what it does is sync the framerate with the refresh rate of your monitor, effectively limiting your framerate to the refresh rate of your monitor. some gamers (mostly fps fanatics, such as myself) claim that it will improve your framerate because it doesn't limit your framerate, and there's no extra processing power needed to constantly monitor the 'sync-rate'. but in my own personal test with both Kotor I & II, results are negligible at best.
 Emperor Devon
11-21-2005, 9:46 PM
Is there anything else I can do? All that accomplished was anit-aliasing the subtitles, but drastically decreasing the frame rate.
 stingerhs
11-21-2005, 11:25 PM
quite frankly, not much. both Kotor games have some really wierd, and sometimes random, graphics issues with ATI cards. all i can suggest at this point is to give the Omega Drivers a shot, but don't count on it being your 'miracle cure'.
Page: 1 of 1