Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Strange Crash on Unknown World (KOTOR I) ((Possible spoilers))

Page: 1 of 1
 Captain_H
11-20-2005, 1:51 AM
I have gotten to the door that leads to the catacombs and when I go through to enter the new area, the game crashes to desktop. I have killed Juhani on Dantooine, but I am not sure if that is problem. When I open the ar_error.log file it reads: Names Differ: N_TwilekF P_BastilaBB. I also have the Sith Armada recruitement mod installed as well as many other mods.

If anyone can tell me what the error log file means and if they may know what is going on in general then please let me know. It is is really frustrating to get this far and have to stop :mad:.
 RedHawke
11-20-2005, 2:22 AM
The ar_error.log file does not indicate crashes, it is only a debugging file from what I can tell.

Your best bet would be to remove your mods and see if you can enter the level, if you can then re-install them one by one, testing each time to see which one in particular is causing the crash... I know this sounds tedious, but that is the only way to find out which one is causing the crash.
 The_Maker
11-20-2005, 1:37 PM
Redhawke speaks the truth,
That is what Ihad to do for my K1 game on Taris due to a bad .ncs file <_<

Just create a folder in your K1 directory and name it something like "temp override files" and inside of that folder make numerous sub-folders called ncs files, tga files, utc files etc then slowly bring back the files that you know are good. (This method helps especially when using mods that have .2da issues)

Good Luck.
 Prime
11-20-2005, 2:33 PM
Troubleshooting question. Moving...
Page: 1 of 1