Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New X-Wing Series

Page: 1 of 1
 Skinkie
11-19-2005, 12:35 AM
Has anyone been reading these? I love the old series, and I saw one of these at a book store today. Almost picked it up, but figured I'd just be happier waiting for the TPB. And I thought I should ask if it's anywhere near as good as the old series, and if I am correct in understanding these take place before the other ones, so I'm still not getting the Baron Fel capture story arc I've been waiting for.
 benTantilles
11-27-2005, 5:35 AM
yes, they're taking place before the other ones. They're meant to be a introduction into the Rogue Squadron series, since The Rebel Opposition didn't really serve as a good first arc for the series.

I hear that this new mini-series is only mediocre, though. Pity. I was looking forward to a new X-wing series and with Haden Blackman at the helm, i was hoping for the best. I doubt we'll be seeing any more x-wing comics in the future.
 swphreak
11-27-2005, 11:07 AM
I heard about it, but I'll be waiting til the TPB comes out. I hate buying comics in parts.
 Skinkie
11-29-2005, 8:24 PM
That's pretty depressing, I was really looking forward to it being awesome. I'll get it anyway just to be sure, but still, my enthusiasm is slightly lower.
 benTantilles
11-30-2005, 1:57 AM
it is indeed disappointing. i've only read the first few pages of the first issue- the introductory parts, with ten nunb in his B-wing charged with fire control and Janson & Tycho on patrol- and it got my hopes up. pity people claim the rest of the arc isn't too fantastic.
 Prime
11-30-2005, 11:01 AM
Yeah, I decided to pass on this one...
 Skinkie
12-03-2005, 12:47 AM
I read the pages they had up on the darkhorse site, but it didn't really show any story, I just got that it was pretty.
Page: 1 of 1