Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Defragmenter could not defraged models.bif

Page: 1 of 1
 Greatstar
11-14-2005, 11:09 AM
I had KOTOR and KOTOR II. I had windows XP. Defragment had finish defraging all files but models.bif don't. Is files is too big? What size of file that could not defrag? Had you tried it before?
 TheOssusKeeper
11-15-2005, 12:57 AM
are you using windows defualt defrag progy?

size shouldn't matter too much...

try using a third party defrag app. like perfect disk 7 or O&O defrag... those work really well...
 Greatstar
11-15-2005, 12:02 PM
please answer my question, yes or no. had you tried defraged models.bif on windows XP before?
 stingerhs
11-15-2005, 12:20 PM
actually, yes i have, considering that i defrag my HD religiously once a month, and i've never encountered a problem with Window$ Defrag and any game files. the only way you'd encounter a problem with a single file is if the file is incomplete or damaged in some way.

and if that doesn't answer your question, it would do you some good to clarify your question. i realize that you may not speak english natively, and thats fine. are you having problems completing a Hard Drive defrag because of one file, or are you doing something else that we are not completely understanding??
 Renegade Angel
11-15-2005, 2:38 PM
May I ask what grade you have for Grammar on your report card?
 Greatstar
11-15-2005, 9:25 PM
actually, yes i have, considering that i defrag my HD religiously once a month, and i've never encountered a problem with Window$ Defrag and any game files. the only way you'd encounter a problem with a single file is if the file is incomplete or damaged in some way.

and if that doesn't answer your question, it would do you some good to clarify your question. i realize that you may not speak english natively, and thats fine. are you having problems completing a Hard Drive defrag because of one file, or are you doing something else that we are not completely understanding??

What computer do you had?

no, models.bif is fine. On KOTOR and KOTOR II that defragment could not defrag models.bif, I think may be too big to fit. KOTOR on models.bif KOTOR II on models.bif. like 800 or more MB I think
 TheOssusKeeper
11-15-2005, 10:16 PM
please answer my question, yes or no. had you tried defraged models.bif on windows XP before?

EDIT: holy flip dude, yes... when you defrag your HD, it does that file as well...

no, models.bif is fine. On KOTOR and KOTOR II that defragment could not defrag models.bif, I think may be too big to fit. KOTOR on models.bif KOTOR II on models.bif. like 800 or more MB I think

the models.bif isn't too big, but sometimes it takes a long time to defrag because it is big... maybe you should try and be patient and let it defrag... if it doesn't defrag, then maybe there is a .dll problem with windoz defrag progy, or maybe there are disk errors on the HD, in which case you can run chkdsk and it should fix them for you, if they aren't too bad... and if thats not the case try one of the defrag progies that I mentioned earlier.
 RedHawke
11-15-2005, 10:58 PM
holy Explitive Deleted dude
TOK,

Please try to keep the foul language out of posts, this forum is for all ages, and skill levels.

Thanks. ;)

*Runs off to defragment HDD*

EDIT: To below post... Thanks TOK! :D
 TheOssusKeeper
11-15-2005, 11:16 PM
TOK,

Please try to keep the foul language out of posts, this forum is for all ages, and skill levels.

Thanks. ;)

*Runs off to defragment HDD*

Hey RH,

Sorry, I just got a little perturbed... especially after all the posts that were given.

post fixed...

*Also runs off to defragment HDD*
 jmac7142
11-17-2005, 4:56 PM
Window$

I didn't take you for an M$ person :p
But as to defragging, the built-in XP Disk Defragment program sometimes freezes, in my experience it's unreliable. However, if you want to speed up your system performance, try TuneXP 1.5, and defrag your HD with a 3rd party program. Try http://download.com) for one
Page: 1 of 1