Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Video Capture Program

Page: 1 of 1
 zerted
11-14-2005, 6:46 AM
Does anyone know a good, free video capture program I can use to make ingame videos?
 zerted
11-17-2005, 11:51 AM
The walkthrough I am planning to make was going to be a video one. Its hard to describe areas of the map sometimes. I though it would be easier to just show them. I haven't been able to find a good program to do this with. Does anyone know some?
 Redtech
11-20-2005, 11:59 AM
Doesn't Fraps do it?
 PoiuyWired
11-20-2005, 4:03 PM
well, if you want only pictures, you can just do snapshots/screen captures, in game.

I think its the PrintScreen button.
 zerted
11-20-2005, 4:27 PM
Doesn't Fraps do it?
Fraps isn't free. Its not worth it to me to spend (US$)37. I don't have any income. The free version of Fraps only allows for 30 seconds of video, and I'm not good enough to beat each level in 30 seconds. I am hoping someone knows a different program?
 Carpaltunnal
11-21-2005, 3:39 PM
Hey Zert.. I was just trying out Hyper Cam 2.. I did not however try it with SWBF2 yet though.. I'll give it a shot later tonight when I get home..

http://www.hyperionics.com/downloads/d2/HC2Setup.exe)

its shareware but has all functionality without needing to register:

"...HyperCam is a shareware product. While unregistered, it will place a
small "Unregistered HyperCam" sign in the corner of the AVI files that you
capture. To register your copy of HyperCam, please start the program,
click on the "License" tab, then click on "Purchase License..." button.
After we receive your payment, we will send you a license (key) by email
or paper mail, which you may enter into the software to prevent HyperCam
from placing the "Unregistered" mark on the new movies that you record.
Note: the "Unregistered" mark can not be removed from movies that you
recorded before registering your copy of HyperCam."

CT.
 Carpaltunnal
11-21-2005, 4:14 PM
tried it on a friend's laptop... it really messed things up until I switched BOTH the desktop and the game resolution to 800x600.

you can see the clip here:

http://members.shaw.ca/Carpaltunnal/clip0003.avi)

CT
 zerted
12-26-2005, 4:50 PM
I was finally able to get the correct video codec to view your movie. I noticed you also don't get the weapon reloading graphics. There should have been three yellow dots appearing on your crosshair when you threw the gernades and some red bars when your blaster was reloading. Do you have the DVD or CD version of the game?
 THX1138_Scorpio
01-28-2006, 2:12 PM
The hypercam looks good. In response to PoiuyWired, xfire's Scroll Lock+S does better screenshots than the ingame feature, doesn't take as long to process.
 zerted
01-28-2006, 6:57 PM
I got an older version of FRAPS two days ago. I will finally be making that video walk through of all the campain levels.
 Redtech
01-29-2006, 11:44 AM
Yay!
 lord gaydar
10-06-2006, 8:40 AM
he guys i have played in the past in the so called battle for the galaxy tournement and it was cancelled and now i see there is this mod that has the same name and same kind of gameplay ideers
this is the first time im posting here so i just wanna ask so you can really take in planets whit this game like in galactick qonquest in starwars bf2
that was just the same ideer as in the tournement
anyway i see a guy named zerted in this forum he zerted were you one of the guys that played in the tournement becuase i have seen your name in the tournement forums i was called ares there i just cant remember were you on rebel ore imp site?
and the ideers that we had there like the mptl artylery and the imp merauder do those stil count?
Page: 1 of 1