Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

DC MOD problems

Page: 1 of 1
 melord
11-14-2005, 3:38 AM
I originally had problems with running DC MOD though now I'm in the clear. (login troubles)

Here's a new thread if people are having troubles with DC MOD.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b148/vincenthappens/ohnoes1.jpg)
 Kurgan
11-14-2005, 11:03 PM
Is there a DC Mod forum? That might help you more than posting here (just a suggestion).
 melord
11-15-2005, 7:36 PM
Very good recommendation. I did try that first though the only thing I came across was fileplanet's discussion thread below the download.

I'm going to register and jump through the hoops though I doubt I'll get a reply.

I'm sure you have experience with other Mod's, typically how do you set yourself up as an administrator client side?

Thanks,

V
 Kurgan
11-15-2005, 9:44 PM
Well the standar way is to use rcon.

See a lot of people misunderstand "admin mods" and think that to be an admin you HAVE to use a mod. That's a misconception. All Q3A engine games use "rcon" (remote control) system. It's very easy to use, all done in the console (and you can do it via web panels and game launchers like ASE or Qtracker too). Look it up anywhere, but our Dedicated Server forum tells you all.

Now if DC Mod has some different stuff (like setting up "subadmins" with less abilities) that's something else and you'll need to jump through the hoops on their forum to figure that stuff out. But for the basic JA stuff, it's all rcon and it's in the archives of the DS forum, if you look. Read the stickies and dug up old threads and read. You'll find the main stuff you need pretty easily. But DC Mod isn't talked about much here (the only thing I ever heard about it was some years ago somebody bashing it as a "cheat filled" mod, so I don't know much about it).
Page: 1 of 1