Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Anyone up to the challenge? Converting the old stuff

Page: 1 of 1
 Kurgan
11-14-2005, 1:40 AM
Would anyone be interested in converting some (or all) of the old maps from SWBF1 that didn't make it into SWBF2?

Maybe we could see a classic Geonosis with the air vehicles put back in like the original version?

Do any of the SWBF1 tools work with the new game?
 Doc Valentine
11-14-2005, 6:35 PM
As far as using the Space vehicles on land maps i dont know if that would work as I believe that they have a specific code that says where they can land, you also have certain aspects that go with space vehicles like special soldiers and things like that. I think that the only flying vehicles you could use would be the Land speeder from hoth. Unless you made a new unit with the Land Speeder as a template and made a model for it. Of cource that wont be possible untill we get the proper tools.
 Kurgan
11-14-2005, 8:10 PM
I'm sure it's possible, since it was in SWBF1. If nothing else we could copy and paste from there...

Many of the same vehicles show up in both games, too.

In the previous game ANYONE could fly a space craft (and in this game they limit you to 1 or 2 classes in a space map but that doesn't matter, they can both fly equally well, it's just that the pilot heals the vehicle he's in automatically with time).
 SBF_Dann_Boeing
11-19-2005, 12:11 PM
Hmm I wonder what would happen if I copied all the sides from BF2 and placed them in the sides folder for BF1. I suppose they would have to be edited because the source path would have to be changed. or if I could put the BF2 maps in the BF1 AddOn folder. But that would require even more modding...well its an idea
 DigiBey
11-19-2005, 10:40 PM
I say it's a good idea! I don't like the SWBF2 Geonosis that much. But I love the SWBF1 Geonosis. That would be really cool if it worked just to put the SWBF1 Geonosis in with the SWBF2 Levles
 killerDOTcom
12-13-2005, 7:09 PM
if the new mapmaker (ever) comes out, we can hope that it'll run on ODF files like the old one did. if it does, then anything is possible as far as vehicles. as for compiling the old maps to the bf2, its more then possible.. but the SDK will make is so easy...
WHERE IS MUH SDK?.... waaaaaaaa!!
Page: 1 of 1