Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Long posts problems

Page: 1 of 1
 zerted
11-12-2005, 10:09 PM
This just happened to me again, its about the fifth-sixth time and its starting to bug me. Sometimes I write a long post, I have an idea or am responding to someone else's. I provide a quote to that post, state my case and provide an example or two to back it up. I like to use the 'preview post' button to make sure its formatted in a way thats easy to read. So I hit the 'preview post' button and my browser freezes. I lose the post, the time spent writting it, and the time to write a smaller version of it.

Has my browser just been freezing randomly and it happens to happen when I'm writing a post here, or does this site have a problem accepting med-long posts?

Think of a post around 4 times the size of this one. My browser is Maxthon (formally named MyIE2), which is basicly a powerful skin to Internet Explorer. My IE version is 6 SP1.
 swphreak
11-13-2005, 10:20 AM
I think it's because your session times out. When you've been idle on the forums too long, you're automatically being logged out. I haven't had that problem ever since I set the "always log me in" in the UserCP.

It's always good practice to copy/paste really long posts if you're unsure if it'll work.
 deamonomic
12-03-2005, 12:10 AM
what you can do is before you click preview post, copy all of it. that way if u loose it you can just paste
 zerted
12-03-2005, 1:23 AM
Oops, I forgot about this thread. I thinks its my browser crashing. I do have auto-logon on. I do make a copy of my posts, but when I forget to, it normally crashes.
Page: 1 of 1