Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Trouble Installing.

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Sabe
11-12-2005, 12:55 PM
Hi. I've been having problems with installing KOTOR: TSL for PC, and I came here to see if anyone could help.

I insert disc 1 into the E drive (D Drive is busted...), and it starts installing. It gets up to about quarter installed, and then this error message pops up:

''Feature Transfer Error.

Feature: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lord_files
Component: Default Component
File: E:\data2.cab
Error: Data Error (cyclic redundancy error)''

If it helps in any way, I've installed the game once before with no errors.

Oh, and I've cleaned the disc and that didn't help.

Please help! Thanks :D
 SITHSLAYER133
11-12-2005, 4:47 PM
ok i need the size of disk drive

if u got a fearly big drive copy and paste all for disks to ur hardrive

1 this will give u an idea if ur disk is damaged in any way
2 it will be faster during the install
 malak84
11-13-2005, 2:43 AM
hi, i actually came across the exact same thing the other day reinstalling kotor 1, it got to about 32% installed then came up with the same error, i beleive it is a damaged disc, so i cleaned it abit an wouldn't work on my dvd burner drive so i put in the cd rom which was much slower but worked out. (some cd roms are more sensitive then others.)

So yea if you have mutiliple cd or dvd drives try that an if not as sithslayer said copy an paste to your hd.
 stingerhs
11-13-2005, 8:35 PM
yeah, umm, check out the documentation on those kind of errors here. (http://www.softwarepatch.com/tips/cyclic-redundancy.html) ;)
Page: 1 of 1