Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

star destroyer shields

Page: 1 of 1
 dooley84
11-11-2005, 12:05 PM
does anyone know what the two ball things are on the top of the imperial star destroyer. i know in most starwars games iv played like x-wing alliance they have always been the shield generators and im pretty sure they are even shild generators in the movies. i noticed you can individualy destroy them but they dont seem to give you any points. somone told me if you take them out it will be quicker to bomb the shields down. i have tried this but it doesent seem to do that so what do they serve in the space battle?? can anyone tell me
 Darth Covetous
11-11-2005, 3:33 PM
The female destroyers don't have those.
 RaV™
11-11-2005, 5:11 PM
Well as of now I beleive they're just apart of the creation and Covetous was that nessacary?
 Darth Covetous
11-11-2005, 5:26 PM
Hate it when people are too serious to sit back and chuckle, especially when talking about a video game
 MachineCult
11-11-2005, 5:33 PM
It wasn't necessary at all, useless post.

I just destroyed the ball things, i'm not sure they do anything, just to add a bit of ROTJ style fighting to the game. They'd still do that if they were shield generators.
 zerted
11-11-2005, 6:42 PM
They are shield generators, if you take them out the shield goes too. I'm not sure if its easier to damage them then to just bomb the ship.
One thing I don't like about the space battles are the shield generators. If you destroy them, the enemy can still repair their shield from inside the ship. When the shields are repaired, the outside generators aren't reapaired. If the outside shield generators are destroyed, the enemy shouldn't be able to repair their shield.
 RaV™
11-11-2005, 6:46 PM
Thank you MC, but anyways I've never tried going after the spheres on the Star Destroys, because i've been use to just bombarding the hull of the ship or wherever the sheilds get lowwered fast enough, which it's all about the same...
 Demonic Spoon
11-11-2005, 11:11 PM
I'd rather bomb the ship itself too ,to lower the shield. It's FAR easier to bomb while evading fighters when you don't have a specific target on the ship.
 Darth Alec
11-12-2005, 7:48 AM
I just go inside, drop three bombs, die once. Then I go back and blow it up, then take the auto-turret defence mainframe down after that.
 zerted
11-12-2005, 8:55 AM
If I am noticed while inside the ship, I take out the auto-turrets first, they only require two time bombs and there is an ammo bot right there. In case you die, it gives your ships a better change. The auto-turrets can only be taken out from the inside, so if they are destroyed, people know you are in their ship.
 Kurgan
11-12-2005, 3:38 PM
I grab a fast figher and go for the hangar... I get blown up sometimes, but typically it's not that hard to get inside. Leap out and you're ready to go...

Once I'm inside the enemy capital ship, I rarely encounter much resistance. People are usually too busy running to their fighters to engage me, so I can destroy everything in one life unless I am not paying attention and get nailed by an auto turret or something silly like that. As long as there are ammo droids, you should have enough to destroy everything. I typically go as a marine... it takes longer, but you can more easily defend yourself if you had to.

Destroy the stuff inside, then steal a craft and destroy the stuff outside!
 PoiuyWired
11-13-2005, 10:45 AM
thats why in MP you destroy all ammo droids inside your ship!!
 MachineCult
11-13-2005, 1:20 PM
thats why in MP you destroy all ammo droids inside your ship!!

Aahh never thought of that...
Page: 1 of 1