Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

reading the features to "rebellion" on lucasarts.com....

Page: 1 of 1
 Sithxace
11-10-2005, 10:10 PM
haha i got a kick out of this heres what they have as the huge features:

* Set in the Star Wars galaxy with up to 200 worlds to explore and control
Yea thats cool, but there just planets on a map, they made it sound like theres 200 worlds to explore in depth!

* Players can take command of either the Rebel Alliance or the Empire
ok yea, next....

* Strategy portion lets players manage manufacturing, resources, fleet deployment and mission assignments
Ok, the strategy was great, next....

* Innovative real-time 3D Tactical component lets players micromanage battle sequences – almost a separate game in itself
HAHAHA this is where i got the most laughs, even back then it was nowhere near a seperate game within itself!!!!!!!!!!!

* Players "play" characters drawn from Star Wars, such as Luke Skywalker, Mon Mothma and Admiral Thrawn. 55 characters in all
I loved this, the characters were all awesome. From the way you could use them as admirals or doing missions, hope EaW uses them like this too.

* Varying difficulty levels for novice and veteran players
This shouldn't have been included, this is always a given...

* Infinite hours of gameplay: new games require new strategies
Yea true this game deff took up lots of hours.
================================================== =

Ill say it again, keep rebellion as is, update the interface graphics, implement the ground and space battles into rebellion and u got the ultimate starwars strategy game! who agrees?
 Jeff
11-10-2005, 10:14 PM
I never actually have played this game, so I don't know whether I would agree or not, but the features list does sound funny compared to todays much more modern and advanced games :xp:
 WxDude
11-10-2005, 10:16 PM
It was advanced for its time. It's over 10 years old. Older than X/W Alliance.
 Jan Gaarni
11-11-2005, 11:36 AM
I totally agree with you, Sithxace. :)

If they upgraded the game, but kept the gameplay the same, it would be the ultimate Star Wars RTS. :)

And Rebellion is 7-8 years old, not over 10.
 Sithxace
11-11-2005, 12:16 PM
yea, but it seems like they're leaning towards more of an action rts game, with the whole idea of setting up where the battles are gonna be/forces will look like. I guess thats what makes money i guess?
 popcorn2008
11-11-2005, 4:43 PM
I would love a re-make of Rebellion. That game was really fun after you got the hang of it. I would love a remake with better graphics and more tactical interface. If you havent played Rebellion you should it is a great game, if your willing to take about 3-10 days to learn all about it. 3 days being for the super fast learners lol. I took me about two weeks to truly understand everything completely.
 Hallucination
11-11-2005, 5:28 PM
It's over 10 years old.
So thats why I never heard of it. But it does sound good, especially for how old it is. Did it have the interface on the side or on the bottom of the screen?
 Sithxace
11-11-2005, 7:06 PM
if u like strategy, ull love it, if u just wanna see ships blow up ships, u wont.
 darthfergie
11-12-2005, 2:16 AM
I loved Rebellion, but only around two years after I bought it. I bought it when it came out and I stunk at it. Stunk bad. lol. I remember getting so frustrated at the learning curve. I picked it back up two year later, learned it and loved it. I still play it from time to time thanks to the editor that was made. I can place my own characters in there for some of the weird ones, or make Thrawn more of a genius, etc. :)
Page: 1 of 1