Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can you make AI follow you?

Page: 1 of 1
 Murf
11-10-2005, 4:41 PM
In SWBF you use to be able to make the AI troops follow you.
In SWBFII I see the various "F" keys to say the various things, but I see no "Follow Me". Is there a way in single player or online to get the AI players to follow you?
 MachineCult
11-10-2005, 4:43 PM
You have to be looking at the person you want to follow you i believe, i'm not sure what the key is for the PC.
 zerted
11-10-2005, 6:52 PM
You have to be looking at the person you want to follow you i believe, i'm not sure what the key is for the PC.
I believe the key is defaulted to [F4]. I'm not positive because I've remapped most of my keys. Just take a look in your key settings.
 MandaloreBIC
11-11-2005, 3:09 AM
yes it's default f4, i use fefault f4, thouugh i shuold bind it to G or something sometime soon....... and i have general level taht means i can have 4 ppl follow me, what aobut you?
 Darth Covetous
11-11-2005, 3:12 PM
I love that in SWBFII the AI actually follows you too. in SWBFI you'd tell a couple of people to follow you, run 100 yards, turn around, and be completely alone. Or tell people to hold position only to watch them run off.
 Murf
11-11-2005, 3:51 PM
I'll have to try the F4. According to the instruction manual it says F4 is for "Communications", whatever that generic description is suppose to mean. Maybe what you say to them varies according to what is going on or what you are doing.
 Darth Covetous
11-11-2005, 4:19 PM
I'm not sure how the PC works, but on Xbox, there is only one comm button, and the first time you press it it orders the AI to follow, the second time tells them to move out. I think its the same for PC, and the other F buttons are for Multiplayer quick commands.
 Kurgan
11-12-2005, 4:01 PM
Apparently the order commands are severally limited in single player vs. in multiplayer (in MP you get everything and it's great!).
 Vagabond
11-14-2005, 4:35 PM
Really?! I've tried using the communication keys but nothing happens. Do you have to be looking at the NPCs to get them to do anything? Hmmm - I'll have to mess with this some more, but I've been really frustrated wtih this aspect of the game because the NPCs just seem less useful in MP than in SWBF1.
 Fate's Decision
11-14-2005, 6:25 PM
I feel uncomfortable using the commands because your guy doesn't say anything that tells you he wants you to follow, and until you start moving you can't tell it worked.
 Murf
11-14-2005, 9:18 PM
(on PC version) you point target at fellow soldier and hit F4. Your guy will say "Follow Me" or "Move Out", alternating. I've only tried this on Single Player (Training Level), I have not tried it Online yet so I don't know if it works on Multi-player AI.
Page: 1 of 1