Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

driving missiles

Page: 1 of 1
 Rubentronics
11-09-2005, 6:38 AM
hi everybody,

ok, I'm flying as co-pilot in a Tie bomber, I launch the missile and... wowwww.... how the hell can I hit another ship???!!!!

I can hit turrets and anything that stays (more or less) quiet, but hitting X wings it's impossible!!!!

Is there anything that I don't know or I haven't read in the manual?

Thaaanks,

R.
 010_sWitch_010
11-09-2005, 6:42 AM
yeah those remote missiles are hard to drive. Try hitting y-wing's, there heaps easy to trail behind.
 Rubentronics
11-09-2005, 6:51 AM
oh... I have to say that I was hoping anything like... "you forgot to press the XXX key to make it burst!!!" or something like that... :P
 zerted
11-09-2005, 8:58 AM
You can make the missile boost... I think the missiles are more for attacking the main ship (though they don't do a whole lot of damage) I've been able to destroy a few fighters with the missile (about 4 AI ships), but its not worth the trouble. It took me an entire single player map to do it (my team lost).
 Rubentronics
11-09-2005, 9:08 AM
that's it: very difficult to hit a little target, too weak to hurt a huge one... so... what's the use?

I've been thinking all the day about it.

In BF1 I thought the same way about wookies and darkTroopers, 'til I found the right playstyle for them. That's why I think maybe there's something good about the missiles that I can't see.
 deamonomic
11-09-2005, 9:37 AM
you can always crash into em... happened to me a few times lol
 Rebel_Trooper
11-09-2005, 4:07 PM
Maybe they are supposed to be used on the Transports? They are pretty big and slow so it might work.
 Rubentronics
11-10-2005, 4:09 AM
yes, maybe.

At least, it's what I'm trying to do: I'm trying to hit them as a practice. Too hard, anyway...
 PoiuyWired
11-10-2005, 4:31 AM
Use the force, and close your eyes when using them... or NOT.

Just use regular bombers adn bomb along... its easier.
 zerted
11-10-2005, 5:01 AM
In BF1 I thought the same way about wookies and darkTroopers, 'til I found the right playstyle for them. That's why I think maybe there's something good about the missiles that I can't see.
Thats why I haven't stopped using them in single player. When the missile gets close to an AI ship, the ship always does some type of trick. The missiles aren't that mobile and can't follow. The missile doesn't cause a lock on warning (that I know of) so it be be easier to hit human players. There is a button (reload?) which makes the missile blow up, but I'm not sure about its splash damage.

[EDIT: I spent some more time praticing with it this morning. I've discovered its excellent against ship turrets. They are a little hard to hit (small target) but they don't move.]
 Rubentronics
11-11-2005, 4:29 AM
this morning I gave a couple of hits to a rebel assault gunship... I think it would be more useful to get out of my own ship and spit in their faces...

So, 'til now, those missiles are only useful against turrets...
 Darth Alec
11-11-2005, 7:27 AM
Heh, I got Pwnd by a guy using that on Hoth. Only me VS. him.
Page: 1 of 1