Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JA game freeze at start (dark blue screen)!

Page: 1 of 1
 cafa
11-08-2005, 11:32 PM
I cant play the game anymore! i've played the game months ago, then i uninstall it. now i've installed it, and when i try to start i see this:
http://img308.imageshack.us/img308/9591/jedideupau0011ak.jpg)
(obs: now i have updated the game: same bug, but shows 1.01 version...)
the game goes to a 'blue-dark' scren, where its right star warsTM Jedi academy TM etc, and then just stops!
ive tried wait, ive wait for 1 hour and nothing happen, all i can o its rebot my PC.
i dont know if my game occour some bug, or what..
maybe i need my old *config.cfg, but i delete them all.. i realy dont know what to do.
obs: my game its original, i buy it in a store.
I have also tried to install the latest pacth and i dont use cracks or 'no-cd'.
my computer its:
AMDK6 ~470Mhz
128 RAM
64 VRAM (NVIDIA Geforce PCI)

its a very low PC, i know. but i've played this game many times before and no problem hapen (i mostly play 1vs 1 Multiplayer Bot in a small stage room).
i have tried to uninstall-reinstall the game several times, no sucess.
i tried to remember if i've change something in my computer, but no i didint.
Maybe its a no-solution problem. its better forget it...
Im not sure if this can be solv, but any help its welcome.
graphic driver:
im using the latest driver now, when i play for the JA before i was with ohetr, maybe its this. if its this the problem then the game stops for me until i change my pc or video card
 acdcfanbill
11-09-2005, 1:33 AM
try this once, create a file called autoexec.cfg (note you may have to turn on seeing file extensions if it isnt already) in your Gamedata\Base folder and in it put the lines:

seta r_fullscreen 0
seta r_mode 4

this means that the game will start in a windowed mode at the default resolution. I say to do this because it sounds like the game is hanging up when its trying to start and there may be a 2nd window like the one you see when you first startup. if it looks like the one in the picture you pasted, try clicking the 'Copy' button and pasting whatever it says into a post here so we can look at it.
 cafa
11-09-2005, 2:42 AM
something happen :D
well the game crashes, but at least it does something!
this was what happen:
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8068/jedideupau0021sc.jpg)

sorry for being in portuguese...
ok, now i see that i see that i have an open GL problem, ill do this:
*uninstall the game;
*get the latest videocard driver and reinstall all again;(oh god 11Mb on my conection takes hours...)
*make a defrag/scan on my pc;
*install again the game;
*see if something changes.
*post my results;

this will take longer, and here its 5;40am, so ill do this ''tomorrow'' (later)
iff you think that i must do something extra just say.
and thanks until now, i fell im going to a solution here...
Page: 1 of 1