Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

swbf2 pc beta key

Page: 1 of 1
 sawyerdk9
11-07-2005, 9:57 AM
can anyone give me the pc beta key? It's legal now look at this thread.

http://gametoast.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2566)

I will give you major props for this.
 Kurgan
11-07-2005, 11:43 AM
You want somebody to give up their cd key so they can't play the beta anymore but you can?

I suppose that could work, but it should be done in private. After all, EVERYBODY is requesting somebody's key. A person better be willing to give up every right to play the game ever again by sharing their key with you.

I suppose we can allow that. But please, don't go begging or threatening, do it in private. And under NO CIRCUMSTANCES will there be any trading of keys for the FULL VERSION, understand? That is certainly NOT allowed...
 sawyerdk9
11-07-2005, 3:51 PM
woah dude I didn't know it was that crazy. I figured that since people that had the beta now have the game, they would be willing to give their beta key to someone less fortunate. It wasn't a threat either. This is for the BETA not the real game. god dang!
 Kurgan
11-07-2005, 4:03 PM
Hey *I* know what you meant. I just wanted others to be sure they understood what was going on. You know, to avoid misunderstanding or flames. ;)
 zerted
11-07-2005, 6:27 PM
...It's legal now look at this thread.
http://gametoast.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2552)

umm, I get "The topic or post you requested does not exist". And if something was illegal in an EULA that you aggreed to, you must aggree to a new one to follow the new rules. Until then, you are still bound by the old ones (like that ever stops any one except businesses...).
 McCusto
11-07-2005, 6:35 PM
Ok, the BETA is over, and it has been over for a while now. The POINT of a BETA is to TEST A GAME TO FIND BUGS BEFORE IT IS OUT

I hate it when this happens, a sequel game comes out and then it is noob fest...EVERYTIME
 zerted
11-07-2005, 7:00 PM
Ok, the BETA is over, and it has been over for a while now. The POINT of a BETA is to TEST A GAME TO FIND BUGS BEFORE IT IS OUT...
Every bug I found and posted about in the beta (and I mean real bugs not personal opinions about how powerful something should or shouldn't be) are all still in the main game. So I guess the beta was a success: I knew the bugs in the main game before it was out.
 sawyerdk9
11-08-2005, 9:40 AM
apparently the topic was deleted.whatever. for your information I'm not a noob. maybe I'll just forge a key. The only reason I just joined this site was to see if there was anyone here that would offer their BETA key.
 zerted
11-08-2005, 10:19 AM
Well, I have no problem giving my key away, except that I'm still using it. You should stay and post on the forums.
 Neon
11-08-2005, 10:34 AM
I also can give you my key, but is the beta done now?
I got the full game now, so I have no problem with it.
 Kurgan
11-08-2005, 11:44 AM
I can understand wanting to play the beta to try before you buy, since there is no PC demo.

When you see how limited the beta is and if you actually like the game I can't imagine you wanting to stick with that and not the full version.

He only needs one key to play. Giving him more than one is pointless. So if you do get a key, please let us know and we'll close the thread.

On the other hand with the beta being closed I could understand if Pandemic/LucasArts would not smile on this type of thing. They want you to see their finished product... (even though as many have sadly reported, the bugs in the beta seem not to have been fixed in the full.... though I do notice they fixed the crashing bug that was there: previously it would crash after every map change but not anymore).

You must do what you feel is right of course...

Edit: To clarify, I see this as a gray area. But if LucasArts/Pandemic is genuinely against the sharing of beta keys after the closing of the beta, we'll lock this and any other threads about it. So far they haven't spoken to us one way or the other that I'm aware of. We would be happy to honor their wishes in any case.
 sawyerdk9
11-08-2005, 4:50 PM
okay, the beta is done but when it was open a person condensed it into peices and I downloaded them (perfectly legal, He made sure) so I have the Beta but not a key. Check the edited link on the first link that I had. Neon I would be grateful for your key if you are willing to give it to me.
 sawyerdk9
11-08-2005, 5:04 PM
You can delete this topic I have one now
 Kurgan
11-08-2005, 7:00 PM
Yeah well the point of the keys was to regulate the beta. Pirates who wanted to just play the game for free would not only be missing out on content, but the lack of a key meant their copied software would be useless.

I take it you're doing this to sample what the game is like to make a decision on whether or not to buy it. Since you're not warezing it, I personally don't have a problem with it.

Anyway, now that you're question is answered... :lock:
Page: 1 of 1