Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Rioting in France - Effect release?

Page: 1 of 1
 THEredGERBAL
11-07-2005, 5:58 AM
O.k, first of all I'm from Aus and I'm not paying out France but I had a thought after reading some of the news reports about the rioting at http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051107/ap_on_re_eu/france_rioting) . My question is do you think that certain companies will withhold releasing their games and other products in France for the near future? With the amount of random destruction the likelyhood that your product would get stolen instead of paid for seems rather high, so why not wait till after everything calms down? I also wonder for how long this rioting will continue, could it effect the release of Empire at War in France? I personally doubt it but I'm curious as to what other think. Chances are the riots will cease before Christmas but what's your opinion?
 Dagobahn Eagle
11-07-2005, 9:09 AM
I recommend you post this in LucasForums' dedicated debate/serious discussion forum, at Jedi Knight, Community, Senate Chambers. It might get moved there in either case:).

My question is do you think that certain companies will withhold releasing their games and other products in France for the near future?
Never thought of it that way.
And no, I don't think so.
 WxDude
11-08-2005, 11:45 AM
I think that the government needs to get people the ages of the Rebels (and I use that word because that's what they are and I did not intend a pun) to talk to them about why the need to protest peacefully. I am all for peaceful protests and gatherings that oppose the government. I am an active Democrat.

If the Chirac Administration would get a group of 18 - 25 year olds together and sit down with the gangas that are uprising...it could possibly fix these problems. I think that when the gangs see the government officials telling them to stop, it's like their parents. No teenager listens to their parents...at least not when they think they are right. Most teenagers listen to their friends and those just older then them.

Comments?
 THEredGERBAL
11-09-2005, 4:45 AM
While I agree the problem will eventually be solved with discussions and reforms within France I think that they will probably find it very hard to track down anyone with enough influence over the "rebels" to make them stop while the debate occurs. I believe that in the end nothing short of martial law and curfues for a time will limit the rioting. That or the rebels will burn themselves out and just go home - either way questions are going to be asked and heads will roll (figuratively speaking).
 Givike
11-09-2005, 7:33 AM
By the time it's released it'll be over. The main reasons for the riot is probably the lack of work in those area's and the 'racism' shown by the minister of national affairs.

Believe you me, by christmas it'll be over.
 WxDude
11-09-2005, 1:08 PM
The Interior Minister has made some "interesting" comments that haven't helped the situation.

Once it spills over into France's neighbors...then something actively will be done. France has (for hundreds of years) no concern for the non-Catholics and Africans. It's just part of their culture. The Reconquista (<sp) was heavy in France as in Spain. Keep in mind this is from hundreds of years of oppression and whatnot.
 THEredGERBAL
11-11-2005, 12:24 AM
Igree with you both this has been a long time coming however I'm also not so sure about ti being over by christmas, the majority of it sure but i'm also convinced there will be some die-hard anarchist among them who won't stop until they are made to.
Page: 1 of 1