Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Battlefront II specifics

Page: 1 of 1
 CountDooku
11-07-2005, 4:59 AM
First off the gameplay graphics (not interface graphics) are improved, characters are more detailed, destroyer droid shields look better, and there's a much larger selection in playable characters. Screenshot button no longer customizable. Many more arcade style power ups, I have an annoying red glow around my character, something to do with sprint speed, damage done increase or damage received decrease I think. Ewoks throw stones that glow yellow for some reason. Laser fire is faster. Laser cannons no longer cause much splash damage, if any. Blaster fire looks and sounds more like a regular gun. Bowcaster was improved and now can be used as a sniper type weapon. Improved target reticle, now has a small square in center. Improved sonic gun. Orbitall strike was exchanged for a local detonation. Land mines are visible but they can be used as an instantaneous detonation pack. You can play as a Gungan but don't have the use of their plasma boomba balls, and they die underwater. Jedi are more realistic(yes I realize jedi aren't real) with a couple powers and the ability to jump really high and of course now playable. With friendly fire off you can no longer send your buddies flying through the air. Bots will not leave vehicles prematurely. No more starfighters on planets surface, they can only be used in space battles. Graphical display of the galaxy in conquest, but interestingly, the galaxy rotates while the individual systems remain stagnant. Planets in space battles are motionless but clouds move around them very quick. Pilots can get caught outside shields on star destroyers if their not careful. No Dune Sea, no Bespin(I miss Bespin), no Naboo plains, Geonosis changed a little, Kashyyk more like movies, Kamino balanced, new maps added.
 deamonomic
11-07-2005, 10:13 AM
wow... thats an extensive list..
 Kurgan
11-07-2005, 11:47 AM
Yeah, those radioactive Ewok stones are pretty funky. The poor little guy's fur should be falling out from carrying them all in his leather satchel. :(
 deamonomic
11-07-2005, 11:49 AM
lol
 guess4762remix
11-07-2005, 8:30 PM
aww so no aircraft in land battles? wheres the fun in that?
 CountDooku
11-07-2005, 9:51 PM
Well there is the snow speeder, but that's an atmospheric craft.
 Kurgan
11-07-2005, 10:19 PM
aww so no aircraft in land battles? wheres the fun in that?

That would suck if it were true. I mean, what is Geonosis without LAATs?
 zerted
11-08-2005, 12:47 AM
As far as I've seen (which is pretty far) there are no flying vehicles in the land maps (unless you count the hovering tanks). Geonosis has only 3 vehicles: 1 CIS walker, 1 CIS hellfire, 1 Republic AT-TE. (I never remember the correct CIS vehicle names...)
 Kurgan
11-08-2005, 12:03 PM
Gee, that's too bad. Having air and land vehicles on a land map was kind of unique and interesting, even if the air vehicles in SWBF1 weren't that great. It gave more of a sense of an epic battle, rather than just two groups of guys running at each other like every other MP FPS known to man.

Geonosis without air support just doesn't feel quite right. Oh well... let's hope the mod makers are reading this!
 jawapacker
11-08-2005, 12:37 PM
Geonosis changed a little

I'd say Geonosis changed a lot. No more spire, no more detroyable command posts (the republic landing craft and the three CIS escape vessels), vehicles greatly toned down, no more ship action (I miss zipping around in the droid starfighter), and the landmass has more changes in elevation.

It's so different that when the mapmakers bring over Bespin and Rhen Var I hope they don't forget the old Geonosis, which was one of my favorites.
 PoM
11-08-2005, 2:40 PM
lol
Lol isn't a sentence!

Anyway, that's quite a list you've got there!
Page: 1 of 1