Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New to modding, wondering if there is a place to learn

Page: 1 of 1
 rich8722
11-06-2005, 10:02 PM
Well I play this game and I can see what people do and I am just so interested in modding, I know this is the place for BF2 questions and answers and just wanted to ask you pro modders out there what sites you used to learn and what tools you use. I need a good tutorial to start up with. A few Ideas I've had, which I dont know if are possible...

Have hero characters customized like Jango's armor turned to Silver and Black, name changed and weapons changed to be a custom hero player on every level by me, just for my sheer enjoyment. Like a commander of the clones on each planet, I wanna feel more like just a soldier if I am finishing the main objectives.

Thats one of my main ideas, I wanted to really see if its possible.
 Doc Valentine
11-08-2005, 2:18 AM
I like your ideas and they make a lot of sence. At the moment the only real battlefront editing ability is with SWBF1 and Hex Editing in SWBF2. Now I myself am new to this so it has been vary hard for me. I have been trying to hex edit my profile to get myself an elite blaster rifle ME <----- Teh cheator /blush

I would however like to do some more modding. Untill they release the official tools though, we will be unable to make any real adjustments to the game, but I guess we just have to be patient, took a while last time for the stuff to be released :).

=Gsccc
 Nokill
11-08-2005, 12:16 PM
im making a comunetie site going up starting next year so be patient yes ;)
 rich8722
11-08-2005, 2:06 PM
Thanks for the info guys, Ive been searching alot of the other forums and found out some nice info about hex editing and such so I am very excited and anticipating the arrival of the tools. In the mean time I am going to experiment on the BF1 mods just to get my feet wet.
Page: 1 of 1