Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

64 players = PC version?

Page: 1 of 1
 guess4762remix
11-06-2005, 6:04 PM
64 players = PC version?

How is it? Are there alot of servers?
 Kurgan
11-06-2005, 6:08 PM
64 players is the max you can host a server with.

However, no way in heck are going to be able to realistically host that many people on your box unless you have a killer machine and super sweet line (or on a LAN).

There's no linux dedicated server, so good luck. Most people probably won't be able to host more than 8-12 players without serious lag issues. Dialup users should stick with 4 players.

I haven't counted, but it seems like there are more than the 26 servers that SWBF1 has, but not a huge number. The game just came out less than a week ago, so I would give it time. But without a Linux server release it probably won't rise to huge levels, no matter how popular it is.

If you want to know how the game is, read some reviews. A lot of people complain about lag, but I urge them to host their own servers. ;)
 guess4762remix
11-06-2005, 6:11 PM
hold on, but are there dedicated linux servers out there hosting 64 ? are theyre any 64 player server out there at all?.

Are linux binaries going to be released?
 zerted
11-06-2005, 6:29 PM
No linux support yet. I have the bandwidth for a 64 player server, but I don't have a dedicated machine at school and I use my computer a lot. Hopefully I will be able bring one back from Thanksgiving break or Christmas break.
 Kurgan
11-06-2005, 8:26 PM
Are there even any maps designed for that many players? Sounds like it would be pretty crowded.

Honestly you'd have the entire SWBF1 community in one game to have that many. Not sure about part 2. ;)

Most people simply don't have the resources to host that many players. And even if they did most people don't realize how to host a server (even though it's quite easy).
 Raxor
11-07-2005, 3:46 AM
It would be cool but i think most of the maps would turn into jabba again (that map was wayyyy too small for comfort with even 32 players)
 Prime
11-08-2005, 11:27 AM
The game just came out less than a week ago, so I would give it time. But a week is a reasonably long time to get the numbers up. How many players are there currently? I seem to remember JO having a lot of players relatively quickly.
 deamonomic
11-08-2005, 11:35 AM
they probaly said upto 64 players knowing full well that most wouldnt have 64 players per game. its a marketing thing.... or am i wrong?
Page: 1 of 1