Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Useful Files for Would-Be Server Hosts:

Page: 1 of 1
 Kurgan
11-06-2005, 5:45 PM
Here's some files I whipped up.

There are two generic bat files (edit them to your liking) for hosting servers (both dedicated and non-dedicated) for the full version:

Dedicated Server Template (http://www.swbattlefront.net/nitpicker/generic.bat)

Non-Dedicated (http://www.swbattlefront.net/nitpicker/non-dedicated.bat)

There's also a text file with a list of commands and map names here (http://www.swbattlefront.net/nitpicker/swbf2commands.txt).
 Chris-h11
11-06-2005, 5:55 PM
Woah! Those Commands Helped me out a LOT with my Generator Website (Still not Scripted) Thanks Alot!

EDIT: Nevermind, they still helped though
 Kurgan
11-06-2005, 6:01 PM
Now if only I knew the command to modify the "respawn timer" for normal players (if such a thing is changeable)....
 zerted
11-06-2005, 6:20 PM
There are a total of 89 maps (counting the different modes and factions) in SWBF2 I think you missed a couple :roleyess:.
 Chris-h11
11-06-2005, 6:29 PM
Now if only I knew the command to modify the "respawn timer" for normal players (if such a thing is changeable)....
That WOULD be Nice, Too bad it's pretty much Impossible, have you tried anything?
 Kurgan
11-06-2005, 8:29 PM
There are a total of 89 maps (counting the different modes and factions) in SWBF2 I think you missed a couple :roleyess:.

Did you read the file? I didn't list every possible combination, I listed every map in the game alongside every game mode it supported. Which ones did I miss exactly?

If you or someone else wants to painstakingly write out all combinations for me, I'll paste them into the file. Deal? ;)
 Chris-h11
11-06-2005, 9:53 PM
You should be able to Figure out what each one is By the Code:

Coruscant:
cor1c_con
cor1c_ctf
cor1g_con
cor1g_ctf

Dagobah:
dag1c_con
dag1c_ctf
dag1g_con
dag1g_ctf

Death Star:
dea1c_1flag
dea1c_con
dea1g_1flag
dea1g_con

Endor:
end1g_1flag
end1g_con
end1g_hunt

Felucia:
fel1c_1flag
fel1c_con
fel1g_1flag
fel1g_con

Geonosis:
geo1c_con
geo1c_ctf
geo1c_hunt

Hoth:
hot1g_1flag
hot1g_con
hot1g_hunt

Kamino:
kam1c_1flag
kam1c_con
kam1g_1flag
kam1g_con

Kashyyyk:
kas2c_con
kas2c_ctf
kas2c_hunt
kas2g_con
kas2g_ctf

Mustafar:
mus1c_con
mus1c_ctf
mus1g_con
mus1g_ctf

Mygeeto:
myg1c_con
myg1c_ctf
myg1g_con
myg1g_ctf

Naboo:
nab2c_con
nab2c_ctf
nab2c_hunt
nab2g_con
nab2g_ctf

Polis Massa:
pol1c_con
pol1c_ctf
pol1g_con
pol1g_ctf

Tantive IV:
tan1c_1flag
tan1c_con
tan1g_1flag
tan1g_con

Tatooine:
- Mos Eisley
tat2c_con
tat2c_ctf
tat2g_con
tat2g_ctf
tat2g_eli
- Jabba's Palace
tat3c_1flag
tat3c_con
tat3g_1flag
tat3g_con

Utapau:
uta1c_1flag
uta1c_con
uta1g_1flag
uta1g_con

Yavin 4:
yav1c_1flag
yav1c_con
yav1g_1flag
yav1g_con

P.S. I left out The Space Maps But i will put them in Later
 Kurgan
11-06-2005, 10:23 PM
I made a couple of mistakes in the batch files above. But they're fixed now. So if anyone downloaded them before, please re-download. Thanks!
 Chris-h11
11-07-2005, 12:00 AM
Space maps:

spa1 (_1flag, _con; g) - Space Yavin
spa3 (_1flag, _con; c) - Space Kashyyyk
spa6 (_1flag, _con; c) - Space Mygeeto
spa7 (_1flag, _con; c) - Space Felucia
spa8 (_1flag, _con; g) - Space Hoth
spa9 (_1flag, _con; g) - Space Tatooine

Alert! Alert! lol, Sorry But i noticed this that the _con but space maps are '_ass'
 Chris-h11
11-07-2005, 12:36 AM
/contimelimit 20 - Conquest time limit

/ctftimelimit 20 - CTF time limit

/elitimelimit 0 - Elite mode time limit

/huntimelimit 5 - Hunt time limit

/ctfscorelimit 5 - CTF cap limit

/conreinforcements 200 - Conquest reinforcements

/elireinforcements 100 - Elite reinforcements

Tested them out, Unfortanateley:

FATAL
Cannot Open Mission/1.lvl
 Kurgan
11-07-2005, 12:37 AM
Alert! Alert! lol, Sorry But i noticed this that the _con but space maps are '_ass'

Ah, good point.

Finally, a genuine correction! Fixed. ;)
 Kurgan
11-07-2005, 12:39 AM
Tested them out, Unfortanateley:

FATAL
Cannot Open Mission/1.lvl

"1"? Which of the above did you have set to 1?
 Chris-h11
11-07-2005, 12:46 AM
all the Time Limits, anyways I figured out some:

Hunt Time limit: /hunttime [value] (No brackets or whatever they are)
CTF Score Limit: /ctfscore [value] (DITTO)

P.S. I used the DS Manager to Figure out these

EDIT: I dont know how to Fix the Reinforcement Limits, But taking out "limit" Made them all work (Obvioussly Besides the Reinforcemetns)

EDIT 2: NVM I am so Confused, but the First 2 DO Work
 Kurgan
11-07-2005, 12:58 AM
The reinforcement limits may be a redundancy. It's true that all of the commands have a second "name" that you see in server infos that are not the actual commands (like noaimassist vs. /noaim) themselves.

I'll remove the ones that don't work. Can you please list specifically which ones I should remove, in one list? Thanks. Sorry, I'm getting tired...
 Chris-h11
11-07-2005, 1:03 AM
I'm tired too, My Servers Lag because of this Slow Processor. So it's Pretty hard to Test them. I'll work on it more Since i Need it for My Code Generator Anyways
 Kurgan
11-07-2005, 1:11 AM
By all means. Post your findings. I'll check back later and make corrections.

Thanks for your help! The files will be continually updated, so people don't have to wade through our conversation to find the useful info. ;)
 Chris-h11
11-07-2005, 1:21 AM
Okay, For a Fact (Almost, I guess But pretty Sure) The Following Work:
Hunt Time limit: /hunttime [value] (No brackets or whatever they are)
CTF Score Limit: /ctfscore [value] (DITTO)
 zerted
11-07-2005, 3:58 AM
You can see all the commands by using swbf2sm.exe When you change a command then click save, that command is placed in the log file (swbf2sm.log). Open this up to view the commands.

By the way, my post about adding all the maps was sort of a joke. There are 89 possible compinations though. I wouldn't type them all out, so don't expect (or wouldn't ask) anyone else to.
 Kurgan
11-07-2005, 8:01 AM
Oh ok. ;) I also have the DS file now so I'll double check that later against my list to see if there's anything else I missed.
 Kurgan
11-07-2005, 4:07 PM
Okay, EXTENSIVE update of the files complete (see the opening post). I checked them with the PC Dedicated server launcher. Not bad! Though the launcher doesn't let you change certain variables (like alter the ticket size from 200 or increase the FPS cap above 30 or change the DS resolution from 640x480) and it still forces you to use a desktop screen resolution above 1024x768 in order to see the whole thing (is making the program window resizable too much to ask?). I guess they figure we all have big high res monitors to run their servers... ;P (I rated it a 3 out of 5 on LucasFiles btw).

Btw zerted, according to the DS program, there are only 85 possible combinations for maps, not 89. ;)
 zerted
11-07-2005, 6:24 PM
Btw zerted, according to the DS program, there are only 85 possible combinations for maps, not 89. ;)
I guess its time to clean my glasses :toilet1:...
 Chris-h11
11-07-2005, 7:41 PM
I guess its time to clean my glasses :toilet1:...
Dude, If you mean Just Plain Old Maps without the _con or whatever, I haven't Counted. But if you mean all the Possible combinations you are WAY off
 Kurgan
11-07-2005, 9:30 PM
Dude, If you mean Just Plain Old Maps without the _con or whatever, I haven't Counted. But if you mean all the Possible combinations you are WAY off

There's actually only 24 unique maps. All the combinations yield you 85.

According to DSManager:

CW combinations: 41
GCW combinations: 44

41 + 44 = 85

http://www.swbattlefront.net/nitpicker/allmaps.jpg)

That's everything.. Conquest, Hunt, 1 Flag, CTF (2 flag), Mos Eisley Heroes (actually listed as a GCW map but whatever, it's included), and the space maps (Assault & 1 Flag).

If you think I'm missing some, perhaps you're thinking of single player maps that aren't available in multiplayer?

spa2, spa4, and spa5 don't work, meaning they are probably SP only space maps.

The beta contained references to the following maps (you couldn't play them but the loading screens existed) all of which should be recognizable from SWBF1:

bes1, bes2, kas2, nab1, rhn1, rhn2, tat1, and yav2

We can only hope they are saving those for a later map pack or something...
 Chris-h11
11-07-2005, 10:21 PM
Yep, That's what i Got too
 Kramerika
11-08-2005, 11:19 AM
Are any of you using SWBF2SM? If you are, please go to the forums for it and post your bugs or support the ones already posted so that we can get this tool tweaked to perfection!

http://www.blackbagops.com/forums/battlefront/index.php)

Has any documentation been released yet on the dedicated server or the in-game admin?
 Chris-h11
11-08-2005, 6:39 PM
Are any of you using SWBF2SM? If you are, please go to the forums for it and post your bugs or support the ones already posted so that we can get this tool tweaked to perfection!

Has any documentation been released yet on the dedicated server or the in-game admin?
In-game Admin, you mean like "/admin /login [your password]?
 Kurgan
11-08-2005, 10:29 PM
All the "documentation" I've done is strictly unofficial. I don't work for (or with) Pandemic/LucasArts or any of the people working on those programs. But best of luck to them!

I'm just putting up what useful info I get for everyone's benefit. ;)
 Chris-h11
11-08-2005, 10:50 PM

I also have ONE thing that i REALLY HATE about swbf2sm.exe and it's that there is no "Randomize" for Maps.
 Kramerika
11-08-2005, 10:53 PM
Right-click on the list of maps. At the top of the menu, you will see "Randomize Order". There are a ton of other bugs though. The most major ones are that admin assignments don't seem to stick and some settings constantly get reset.
 Chris-h11
11-09-2005, 12:07 AM
Right-click on the list of maps. At the top of the menu, you will see "Randomize Order". There are a ton of other bugs though. The most major ones are that admin assignments don't seem to stick and some settings constantly get reset.
Yea, my Auto-Message often says: Admin: "*"
Page: 1 of 1