Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can someone? (show me a Jedi vs. Jedi battle)

Page: 1 of 1
 Ryozan
11-06-2005, 4:10 PM
Can someone if he likes to do it
make a movie for me with a jedi deflecting blastershots
and a jedi vs jedi battle
 MachineCult
11-06-2005, 4:19 PM
McCusto has already, the thread is "New movie coming out", or something like that. Why do you need it?
 Kurgan
11-06-2005, 5:06 PM
Sadly the Jedi battles in this game pretty much suck. It's hack and slash with a "block" toggle that runs out fast due to it draining your "energy" (stamina) bar.

If you want online Jedi dueling I point you instead to the Jedi Knight series... ;P
 MachineCult
11-06-2005, 5:19 PM
Yeah i agree Kurgan, the Jedi Knight series is def. the best for Jedi action. Especially Jedi Academy.
 Kurgan
11-06-2005, 6:04 PM
Anyway, if he has the game he can do it already, just fire up the tat2_eli map. And if you really want to record a movie of it, use FRAPS.
 T10
11-07-2005, 2:32 AM
Sadly the Jedi battles in this game pretty much suck. It's hack and slash with a "block" toggle that runs out fast due to it draining your "energy" (stamina) bar.

If you want online Jedi dueling I point you instead to the Jedi Knight series... ;P

...from which you should DL Movie Battles 2 and get a much better duelling system.
 Destroyder121
11-07-2005, 8:56 AM
Movie Battles 2 saber duels are buggy as heck, even more so than that of standard JA.
 T10
11-07-2005, 10:09 AM
Then you clearly played B16 or lower. B17 has more or less removed random deaths. Makes battles playable, y'hear?
 Destroyder121
11-07-2005, 10:15 AM
First of all, B17 still has random deaths, B17 still has sabers that hit people but don't kill them, and block system that sometimes bugs out and refuses to work.

heck, i wasn't even around when B16 was out..B17 was the first version i played.
 Ryozan
11-07-2005, 11:00 AM
Lol no but i think its fake ass when they just start hitting eachother like hooligans
....so thats why i asked it
i have JKA and its awesome
but i just wanted to know if it looked cool
 Kurgan
11-07-2005, 11:37 AM
Dueling will always suffer from the facts of lag, but the system in SWBF2 is clearly undeveloped.

Jedi here aren't really meant for dueling, just for hacking away madly at fodder troopers in order to score quick points. Their blocking is just a temporary measure to prevent them getting gunned down immediately by blaster happy foes.
 SBF_Dann_Boeing
11-09-2005, 8:02 PM
SBF actually makes a private server called Jedi Duel in which the servers are rigged so that you will be able to play jedi on the lvls like on mustafar. No ai to interupt either. We have 5 movies comin out of footage of these servers. As of now all these servers are available to sbf members, friends, and allies. But they will be made public in the future. My fav, is of course anakin vs obi on mustafar, and maul vs obi on mustafar. The only prob with mustafar is that there are like 900 wallhacks that i keep falling into when im jumping around..
 Kurgan
11-09-2005, 9:49 PM
Hmm, how do they accomplish this? You can play Jedi on any map, but you have to adhere to the "rules" of unlocking them, and at best you can only have one Hero per team (and your health still counts down). Also only certain maps would have Jedi, since they're flagged for specific Heroes for specific factions.

Unless they've discovered some way to hack the _eli gametype to work on other maps besides Mos Eisley (they get fatal errors when I try).

There are some odd things with regards to Jedi force jumps on Mos Eisley, some walls can't be leaped over. Even though you have "clearance" an invisible wall stops you, forcing you to use the "door" like grounded infantry.

What I'd like to see are the commands they're using to supposedly do this.

Or are they hex editing the lvl files?
 Kurgan
11-09-2005, 10:05 PM
Update:

Okay I'm pretty sure now that you're using modified files. You just edited some of the other maps to be compatible with the _eli game mode. At first I was thinking you'd discovered some command I wasn't familiar with. ;)

Well anyway, I'm sure when tools are released (?) people will be able to tweak their maps for "jedi dueling" a little better or create new ones specifically for the purpose.

Frankly though, I think the gameplay itself needs adjusting before it would be truly worthwhile. I was rather disappointed in Mos Eisley Assault...

PS: The link on your page to http://www.ihud.com/file.php?file=1129680827/SBFJediDuel.zip) is screwy. The file is only 29 bytes (broken zip).
 MandaloreBIC
11-10-2005, 1:05 AM
omg ppl in MB2 block and slap spam way to much....
alough i love lightnining spaming ppl who think that there safe crouched(for gunner) and jedi who have level 1 force block.....
 MachineCult
11-10-2005, 8:52 AM
Mandalore, you're meant to limit your sig pictures size to 80kb.
 SBF_Dann_Boeing
11-10-2005, 7:06 PM
ihud is messed up now. They had a system crash so none of the downloads work anymore.

btw we dont use modified files. The server is a Duel that means battle of 2. So there is only one jedi per team. But you are able to get them immediately in the beginning of game. No ai to interfere, stuff like that. Everybody is able to do it if they figure it out.
 Angarah
11-10-2005, 7:12 PM
ihud is messed up now. They had a system crash so none of the downloads work anymore.

btw we dont use modified files. The server is a Duel that means battle of 2. So there is only one jedi per team. But you are able to get them immediately in the beginning of game. No ai to interfere, stuff like that. Everybody is able to do it if they figure it out.

Yeah, all you do is make the AI count zero and edit the Hero spawn options. I havent tried that yet, but I certainly will do so
 Kurgan
11-10-2005, 7:47 PM
Okay, sure you could set both teams to have Hero ability "simultaneously", make it the player with the lowest score, and make it unlocked in 0 (or maybe 1) kills. We know how to do that with commands (haven't tried it but it should work).

Still you'd have problems though... unless they are making it just a two player server (1 vs 1). Or just have a rule that only two players can be "live" the rest have to spectate while they "duel"? Because otherwise you'd have two Heroes and everybody else would just be running around like normal, unable to be a Hero until the first two had died.
 ntype
11-12-2005, 11:27 AM
Just do a battle at Mos Eisly with Assault...It's a secret mode where everyone is a hero... and you have normal life instead of the lightsaber bar...
 MachineCult
11-12-2005, 3:00 PM
It's not a secret, we all know about it.

Mos Eisley Assault would probably be the best for a lightsaber battle, you could quickly and easily choose who would be fighting, and you could get the whole blaster deflect thing.
 Kurgan
11-12-2005, 3:48 PM
Just do a battle at Mos Eisly with Assault...It's a secret mode where everyone is a hero... and you have normal life instead of the lightsaber bar...

That's not what we're talking about though. He's saying this server uses ONLY Heroes on other maps besides Mos Eisly.

I'm asking for specific details (like what exact commands are used) but I am not getting a straight/complete answer (sorry).
 SBF_Dann_Boeing
11-12-2005, 4:58 PM
yeah that's because i'm not supposed to give them away :¬:
these are for private servers and if they go public then its no longer private lol.
It's currently a benefit of becoming sbf. They will become public in a while, but for now we need them for publicity...
 Ryozan
11-12-2005, 6:03 PM
So let's get this straight..
in IA you cant right away be a jedi without time @ stuff?
and be it constantly?
 MachineCult
11-12-2005, 6:19 PM
You have to make a certain amount of kills to be a hero, and when you are a hero your time is limited, (unless you manage to constantly kill people), in IA, Galactic Conquest and Story mode.
The only time you can constantly be a Hero is in Assault mode on Mos Eisley which is just Heroes versus Villans.
 Kurgan
11-12-2005, 10:14 PM
yeah that's because i'm not supposed to give them away :¬:
these are for private servers and if they go public then its no longer private lol.
It's currently a benefit of becoming sbf. They will become public in a while, but for now we need them for publicity...

Oh okay. Preserve their secret then. ;)

I would think if it were just a stupid trick like making it a two player only server and making it Simultaneous Heroes, lowest player score and 1 kill/capture/point for unlock you could do it, but it'd still have its problems.

A far easier way to do it would be to use a hex editor and turn another map into "eli" mode like Mos Eisley assault. I mean it might be tricky to do and have its bugs, but at least you wouldn't have to worry about your Hero timer running out, or another player showing up and not being able to pick a hero until the others died.

If they edited the files, then that means people can't join without the files, which would makes sense if this private server is only open to "allies" and "members." So people sign up, you send them the needed files and they can play. But a person with the files would be useless unless they gave them to others to play with (though I guess you could play against bots by yourself).

It'll be interesting to see if I was right. ;) Or perhaps somebody else will figure it out and release it before then?

After all, people figured out how to make Jedi playable in SWBF1, and even give them force powers and make them killable. Though of course all that stuff was locked away in the game, it just had to be found and used, from what I gather...
 zerted
11-12-2005, 10:25 PM
It just makes me think less of SBF.
 SBF_Dann_Boeing
11-13-2005, 12:07 PM
lol i guess ur sorta right but we also have private servers because when we make em public noobs flood in from everywhere to play and then our own members can't get in. We had them public on the beta back when there was only obi vs grevious and yoda vs grevious... We'd probably have one public jedi duel server up and one private...
 Kurgan
11-13-2005, 1:56 PM
Oh well, not a big loss. Hero battles I find extremely boring and random. I was just curious how it was done. ;) For my own curiosity I'll experiment with those settings.

Eventually the info will come out for those who want to use it.

In the meantime I'd encourage those seeking duels to just skip the poor-man's version in this game and head for Jedi Academy (or Jedi Outcast), see the link in my sig!
 zerted
11-13-2005, 1:58 PM
Its done by lowering the requirments of becoming a hero and getting rid of any bots on the map.
 Kurgan
11-13-2005, 2:06 PM
Thank you. ;)

Getting rid of bots may be the key I was looking for!

Only thing is, does this mean you can have more than 2 heroes on at a time? Of course he said "duels" so I don't know he may have only meant 2 anyway. ;)
Page: 1 of 1