Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

More than 6 ships?

Page: 1 of 1
 GhOsT-Jedi
11-06-2005, 12:53 PM
In some of these SS i count more than 6 ships or more than 1 cap ship...

I dont got stuff to post the pic but here are the links

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/737/737697/img_2756890.html)

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/737/737697/img_2737337.html)

Are these old pics?
 Kurgan
11-06-2005, 1:38 PM
Could be. Not everything you see in previews ends up in the full game.

Though those particular shots don't show anything too unusual.. am I missing something?

The frigates (that you can't board) might be being mistaken for the larger ships, is that it?
 Angarah
11-06-2005, 1:49 PM
On all space maps they have renders of Cap Ships floating around in the background. You cant board them or even get near them, they're just low-quality copies that are used to make you feel like you're in a huge battle
 T10
11-06-2005, 3:35 PM
Yeah, the background star destroyers and CIS friagtes are just illusions. They just make it look busy.
 Kurgan
11-06-2005, 6:06 PM
Well the Frigates do attack you (they're weak) and you can destroy them. Perhaps that's what he refers to. I don't remember any "illusionary" ships except in the skies on the ground maps, but maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention. ;)

Then again I haven't played single player, I'm referring to MP/Instant Action.
 zerted
11-06-2005, 6:10 PM
Well the Frigates do attack you (they're weak) and you can destroy them. Perhaps that's what he refers to...
No, in single player (I haven't played online yet) there are many ships and other items floating outside the map boundries. They are images that you can never get to. It really confused me for a few seconds the first time I played it. There are a lot of random explosions in the backgrounds too.
 Kurgan
11-06-2005, 6:15 PM
Ah I see my speculation was correct then. ;)
 Angarah
11-06-2005, 6:45 PM
Im beginning to hate Auto-turrets. In the beginning of the game you simply cannot fly a scout-fighter without getting blown out of the sky. I think they should remove all auto-turrets off the Capital ships, but keep the ones on the frigates
 zerted
11-06-2005, 7:04 PM
Im beginning to hate Auto-turrets. In the beginning of the game you simply cannot fly a scout-fighter without getting blown out of the sky...
You just have to know where fly.
Keep low or really high to get out of the turret's range.
Never fly on the same heading with constand speed for very long.
When attacking a captial shisp from space, stay very close under it or to its sides.
When you need to attack the top sections of the ship, stay extremly close to the ship and stay fast. You should stay at angles where any missed shots aganist you hit the ship and damage it.
You can also stay high above the ship. Enemy turrets can't shoot vertical and bombs cause more damage if fired from a farther distance.
Page: 1 of 1