Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I am loving Lucasarts approach with this game....

Page: 1 of 1
 Sithxace
11-04-2005, 1:34 PM
i deff saw what happened, lucasarts let em make this game, then in the middle of main it they realized..wow this game can actually be great. So they give them motre time to make it, and after watching that trailer, really are doin a great job. Like that trailer aint a normal game trailer, hell its like a movie trailer. Justglad there putting quality into thjis game.

people see things they dont like in the trailers like distance between the planets...they got til Feb to make this game, im sure theyll fix a lot of this
 Jeff
11-04-2005, 5:23 PM
Yeah, I agree with you, I am glad they lengthened the time Petro had to work on the game, so they could give us the best product possible. From the trailers and screen caps so far, this game looks like it is going to be excellent. :)
 popcorn2008
11-04-2005, 7:06 PM
Yes, it was smart of lucas arts to increase the time of development. so we will get a great game and not a slapped together piece of work.
 Eldor
11-04-2005, 8:39 PM
At any rate, if this game is half as good as the trailers make it out to be, i'll absolutly love it. Its like a sequal to Starwars Rebellion, but with better graphics, more depth in battle, and it looks like slightly less micromanagement. Which in my opinion can only make this game absolutaly awsome!!!
 Sithxace
11-04-2005, 10:20 PM
i say keep the micromanagement, the strategy is what made rebellion good, just missed the action, now with great action this game needs great strategy and itll be great! for example these two components together made Rome: Total War amazing
 Darth Windu
11-04-2005, 11:06 PM
Sithaxe - please go back and edit your first post. Not trying to be mean or anything but the grammar and spelling in it is horrible. I don't know about anyone else but I had difficulty deciphering what you were trying to say.
 Jan Gaarni
11-05-2005, 4:53 AM
I don't know, I understood it fairly well.

Basically what he's saying is, Rebellion had great strategy value, but lacked on the action part. EaW will have great action, so it should also have great strategic value. That's 2 of the componments that made Rome: total War so great. :)
 Admiral Sith
11-05-2005, 6:09 AM
Yeah, more like Rebellion mixed with Force Commander. In fact the ground battles look exactly like FCs with better graphics and Reinforcments limited by how many troops you carry in your fleet instead of points you have.
 popcorn2008
11-05-2005, 10:26 AM
This game is like the modern version of rebellion and force commander slapped into one, with some added enhancments. This game will be excellent.
 Sithxace
11-05-2005, 10:46 AM
ha thx for jan gaarni, yea well when ur busy like me and typing fast im gonna have horrible grammer :P. But yea didnt kno it was that bad, ill make sure i do a better job.
 Jmaster3265
11-05-2005, 12:36 PM
I agree, but don't let the graphics get you. There is more to games then graphics. I think this game will have GREAt gameplay AND graphics.
 Jan Gaarni
11-05-2005, 12:58 PM
:wstupid:

Excellent reply there. Graphics isn't everything.
 WxDude
11-05-2005, 1:24 PM
Sithaxe - please go back and edit your first post. Not trying to be mean or anything but the grammar and spelling in it is horrible...

You're the pot calling the kettle black.

I think this game is going to be (like popcorn said) a better combination of FC and Rebellion. I like FC...Rebellion has its moments...but the two put together will be great. It looks like they have improved both games to make this one.
 Sithxace
11-05-2005, 10:03 PM
now i wonder how detailed itll be with the whole fights on ships and stats for em. I think theyll have the experience gained by each ship after battles like in totalwar, but i wonder if theyll have the commander,admiral,general for each flet etc.
 WxDude
11-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Nice ignoring of a post. :)

I hope so too. I'd like to be able to assign commanders and such to my units. Improve their abilities like in Rebellion.
 Sithxace
11-06-2005, 1:52 AM
come to think of sometghing, u know what would be a great touch that 100% wont be implemented in the game? In Ship rooms etc like in the one star trek game, atually it would fit into a whole diff starwars game.
 Dagobahn Eagle
11-10-2005, 7:50 AM
Graphics isn't everything.
Word.
My favourite games have rather terrible graphics, in fact. And lower graphics make for more details. For example, in X-Com, you can blow just about everything up, from whole hills to buildings. Try doing that in Battlefield 2 without lagging the game to pieces.
 Jmaster3265
11-10-2005, 6:16 PM
yeah

EDIT:

Word.
My favourite games have rather terrible graphics, in fact. And lower graphics make for more details. For example, in X-Com, you can blow just about everything up, from whole hills to buildings. Try doing that in Battlefield 2 without lagging the game to pieces.

I never said that you think that, just a point. Of course it isn;t everything! hats why i said it LOL!

In the future, use the edit button when you want to add on to your posts. Also, try to refrain from posting one word responses such as 'yeah.' that is chatting, not discussion ~ Moeller :)
Page: 1 of 1