Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Being able to play as an alien

Page: 1 of 4
 Beast421
11-03-2005, 9:59 AM
I Hope they put more aliens that you could play as. For Example A Nautolan
Like KIT FISTO, Or a Zabrak, or even A Wookie jedi is possible might make it
more interesting, Who Knows..... :duel:
 Prime
11-03-2005, 10:18 AM
Unfortunately that may limit the story options...
 Beast421
11-03-2005, 10:30 AM
Or Increase them, Remember This is scienceFiction where the relm of possibility is endless......
 Prime
11-03-2005, 10:36 AM
But it would limit things like the romance plotlines. What could be increased by using another species?
 lord ignarn
11-03-2005, 10:40 AM
I think that choosing an alien specie to polay with would enhance the character generation. As I see it, choosing an alien would give you more and/or different hablities, points etc... Like this: rodians, good killers, kel dor, more force sensitive... so on.

But by now I like using aliens for the PC, it changes them a lot, and itґs funny.
 Beast421
11-03-2005, 10:43 AM
And as for romantic interludes It could work for example : Kit Fisto and that Twilek woman fell in love
 RobQel-Droma
11-03-2005, 10:55 AM
But the majority of people in your part are humans. For example, in KotOR I we had 5 humans, and in KotOR II you would have like 6 I think humans (counting you). So most of the romance options are going to be humans. Ok, it could work, but only if you have a bunch of party members that are your species. In that case, it would mean different party members and a different story in parts to have to work out if you are an alien. Besides, the last two games we have had only humans, and that is just the way the games are. It isn't going to happen.
 Beast421
11-03-2005, 11:32 AM
Oh by the way remember the alien spiecies are humannoid.....
 Beast421
11-03-2005, 11:33 AM
Well most of them any ways
 RobQel-Droma
11-03-2005, 11:46 AM
What does that have to do with it? If you are saying that they are humanoid and that means that you could romance with a human, no. First of all, a human and say a rodian together wouldn't be able to work, it is impossible for something like that to happen. And anyways, why would a human female want a rodian male?
 The_Maker
11-03-2005, 11:52 AM
I vote no for being an alien, it would limit the romance options and personally I don't want to live through Kotor 3 with green skin :greedo:
 Darth Covetous
11-03-2005, 11:58 AM
I think it would be interesting. Maybe only a few alien races. Seems like the Twi-leks are attractive enough.

Or, maybe, by being a certain race you get no romance, or an NPC somewhere in the game could launch you on a romance sidequest, but only if you are of a certain race...other races would be able to talk to the NPC. It seems like they could put in an extra 5 or 6 NPC's (not party members) that can stimulate romance plots if you are of a certain race (i.e. one for each race that isn't human)
 Kensai
11-03-2005, 12:04 PM
The definition of a species, in a broad sense, is one that cannot mate with the other. Therefore, an alien and a human wouldn't work. Saying this, wouldn't it be alot better if more party members were aliens of different sorts ?
 Beast421
11-03-2005, 12:10 PM
The thing is guys is is an adventure game not lets get lucky with Simulation Suzie , I mean your a jedi no attachments and such, If you want romance get it in the real world!
 muck2445
11-03-2005, 12:28 PM
wow are you guys serious? i thouhgt i was a big nerd
 Beast421
11-03-2005, 12:33 PM
wow are you guys serious? i thouhgt i was a big nerd

I am A big nerd
 RobQel-Droma
11-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Yes, but all the same there has always been some romance in Star Wars and in games, almost always somebody falls in love with someone else. Being some wierd alien guy wouldn't work for this, and it might cause there to be a need for multiple storylines depending on what type of alien you were. And some things wouldn't work, different parts of the story that would make it necessary for a human.
 Beast421
11-03-2005, 12:51 PM
Ok Then I'll Settle for someone making me a Kit Fisto Mod, Is that a good enough comprimise?
 RobQel-Droma
11-03-2005, 12:54 PM
I think you can change your appearence with KSE, can't you? And I am not trying to get you to trash your idea, I just don't agree with you, if that is why you asked me if it was a good enough compromise.
 Beast421
11-03-2005, 12:57 PM
I know But sometimes you have to step outside the norm to get results which means we as humans have to be adaptable to change cause ya never know they may go that way......
 RobQel-Droma
11-03-2005, 1:01 PM
^Huh? Sorry, I didn't understand that at all. I have to step outside the norm to get results?
 TreeX
11-03-2005, 1:12 PM
^Huh? Sorry, I didn't understand that at all. I have to step outside the norm to get results?

what he said.

and i agree wholeheartedly that we should not have alien species choice. i'm having trouble imaginingf a Trandoshan/Kel Dor joining >_<
 Beast421
11-03-2005, 1:16 PM
So your saying if they put the PC as an Alien you won't play it?
 Beast421
11-03-2005, 1:22 PM
And When All is said and done I Guess what I'm trying to get at is just playing a Human Jedi all the time gets A little tiring Change is good you know, To change is to learn, and to learn grants you great power!
 MdKnightR
11-03-2005, 2:15 PM
I think some alien options would be okay. Twi'lek for sure, maybe Zabrak, but I would keep it to the most human looking. I can't stand the idea of a Wookie Jedi.
 RobQel-Droma
11-03-2005, 2:16 PM
Actually I didn't find it tiring at all. And what in the world is "change is good, to change is to learn, to learn grants you great power" comment? We are talking about a game here Beast. There is no need for change at this point in that area.
 Beast421
11-03-2005, 2:27 PM
So RobQel-Droma Are you always this closed minded , just what if they put the PC charater as a alien race or had that option?
 Kensai
11-03-2005, 3:23 PM
Beast421 = Crazy...
 Beast421
11-03-2005, 3:26 PM
Beast421 = Crazy...
What are you talking about state your opinion about the thread or keep quite, I 'm just saying what if , and would it be so bad? You so called die hards hear a suggetion which anyone should be able to submit , and then we get replys like the romance factor in a game , That factor is so small and insignifigant I can't belive I am bothering to respond to this crap, so ya I must be crazy as long as you guys agree that it might be possible that it could happen !
 Kensai
11-03-2005, 3:30 PM
You sir, are trying to hold a theory to all principals and possibilities, this is defunct in essence and that makes you slightly crazy, also

"I know But sometimes you have to step outside the norm to get results which means we as humans have to be adaptable to change cause ya never know they may go that way......"

this was ridiculously off topic, Mr. Hypocrisy...
 Beast421
11-03-2005, 3:37 PM
You sir, are trying to hold a theory to all principals and possibilities, this is defunct in essence and that makes you slightly crazy, also

"I know But sometimes you have to step outside the norm to get results which means we as humans have to be adaptable to change cause ya never know they may go that way......"

this was ridiculously off topic, Mr. Hypocrisy...

Hyporcrit am I you better get a dictonary because there is nothing hypocritical about stating ones opinion,
 Beast421
11-03-2005, 3:40 PM
And for everyones concern maybe it would be cool to do it !
 Vibro
11-03-2005, 3:59 PM
To be honest I'd probably play as Human anyway.
 Beast421
11-03-2005, 4:11 PM
Hey I would to but I would not mind trying a Kit Fisto type character
 DarkExcalibur42
11-03-2005, 5:12 PM

Then why would you care if there were extra options for the rest of us? If you're going to play as human anyway, why bother complaining about having species options.

I would definitely try a Zabrak character at least once. And just because someone doesn't like the idea of a certain species being a jedi doesn't mean that's the same opinion as everyone else.

The number one point here is they would be OPTIONAL, not mandatory. So what's the big deal?

And as far as the romance thing goes... anyone ever watch Farscape or the original Star Trek?

List if Cross-Species Couples
-Chiana and D'Argo (Farscape)
-Crichton and Aeryn (Farscape)
-Stark and Zhaan (Farscape)
-Spock's parents (Star Trek)
-over half the women Kirk seduced (Star Trek)
-if I were a real jerk I'd do triple this list.

My point being why should it matter if your PC is a different species? This is romance we're talking about, not sex/procreation. Just cause twi'leks and bothans can't have kids doesn't mean your main char can't be a bothan! It's just a game people.
 Beast421
11-03-2005, 5:19 PM
Then why would you care if there were extra options for the rest of us? If you're going to play as human anyway, why bother complaining about having species options.

I would definitely try a Zabrak character at least once. And just because someone doesn't like the idea of a certain species being a jedi doesn't mean that's the same opinion as everyone else.

The number one point here is they would be OPTIONAL, not mandatory. So what's the big deal?

And as far as the romance thing goes... anyone ever watch Farscape or the original Star Trek?

List if Cross-Species Couples
-Chiana and D'Argo (Farscape)
-Crichton and Aeryn (Farscape)
-Stark and Zhaan (Farscape)
-Spock's parents (Star Trek)
-over half the women Kirk seduced (Star Trek)
-if I were a real jerk I'd do triple this list.

My point being why should it matter if your PC is a different species? This is romance we're talking about, not sex/procreation. Just cause twi'leks and bothans can't have kids doesn't mean your main char can't be a bothan! It's just a game people.

Amen to that
 RobQel-Droma
11-03-2005, 6:10 PM
I am going on what is probable and what they have been doing for that last two games. If you consider that to be a closed mind, then you must think that a open mind means you believe everything and anything will happen. -->

Person: "Hey, why don't we play in an alternate universe of Star Wars for KotOR III, and have to get back."
Person 2: "No, that would not work."
Person: "You must have a closed mind." :xp:

And of course, it is not a sex game, but why would a character want a Rodian/whatever anyways?
 Vladimir-Vlada
11-03-2005, 6:20 PM
I would prefer to play as a Human, because I like it better. I mean it's better to be who you are, rather than everyone be who you are, right?
 Beast421
11-03-2005, 6:37 PM
I am going on what is probable and what they have been doing for that last two games. If you consider that to be a closed mind, then you must think that a open mind means you believe everything and anything will happen. -->

Person: "Hey, why don't we play in an alternate universe of Star Wars for KotOR III, and have to get back."
Person 2: "No, that would not work."
Person: "You must have a closed mind." :xp:

And of course, it is not a sex game, but why would a character want a Rodian/whatever anyways?

Better refrase KOTOR Universe Because in Star Wars universe there are Alien Jedis and most of them seem more powerful than the humans , it is just all the stories are based around us humans
 Alkonium
11-03-2005, 7:01 PM
I for one would like to be able to play as something other than human. And I see no harm in interspecies romance.
 Darth Serebus
11-03-2005, 7:08 PM
I agree..playing an alien would be cool.. Thats definately a great option. Also it can change the direction of the story for each race.
 Jeff
11-03-2005, 7:12 PM
I would not like the option to play as an alien. Well, if it wouldn't affect gameplay for the humans, I wouldn't really care if the option was there, but if it changed the game at all, I wouldn't like it.
 RobQel-Droma
11-03-2005, 7:32 PM
Better refrase KOTOR Universe Because in Star Wars universe there are Alien Jedis and most of them seem more powerful than the humans , it is just all the stories are based around us humans

Last time I checked on powerful Jedi, I didn't notice that Luke or Anakin had green skin :xp:. Why are they based around humans? Because we ARE humans.

And the problem is as DarthMoeller suggested. It might have to change the story differently for each different species. You would have different storylines, different things that would happen at certain points depending on who you are.
 †Saint_Killa†
11-03-2005, 9:23 PM
No aliens for me.. Humans were alway the heroes.
besides im human. I don't want to be a green or worm tailed head being.

But having many choices of Alien NPC's wouldn't hurt
 Darthrevan_3
11-03-2005, 9:57 PM
NO! i want to be an ali- blast! i for got how to spel! But i don't want to be a human in kotor 3! i want to be alien... :lol: i don't no what kind though...
 DarkExcalibur42
11-03-2005, 10:38 PM

True, it's not a sex game. And as far as rodians are concerned.... i have the sudden urge to grab a fly-swatter whenever i see one... so i definitely see your point
 DarkExcalibur42
11-03-2005, 10:44 PM
And the problem is as DarthMoeller suggested. It might have to change the story differently for each different species. You would have different storylines, different things that would happen at certain points depending on who you are.

I don't see why the plot would have to change... If I replaced the human Revan of KOTOR1 with a twi'lek, would it actually change anything? He/she was still the dark lord of the sith. Malak still betrayed Revan, and you would still have to escape Taris, run errands on Dantooine, find the star maps, etc. You'd just have head tails instead of hair. *shrug*

Everyone's so worried that adding this one character customization feature will ruin the game's plot or derail the entire story... But the game's plot isn't THAT specific, not down to character gender and not down to character race. The story is the same if you play through male as it is female. The difference is only in your character.
 RobQel-Droma
11-03-2005, 10:54 PM
I do see your point. It just seems like if aliens were immune to certain things in the story it wouldn't work. But I see your point.
 DarkExcalibur42
11-03-2005, 10:57 PM
I do see your point. It just seems like if aliens were immune to certain things in the story it wouldn't work. But I see your point.

Yay! Peace?
My argument is spoken and I get your meaning. My part in this thread is complete
*offers handshake*
 StaffSaberist
11-03-2005, 11:01 PM
It might be fun to have that choice... I don't see why it could hurt any. A perfect example of how this could work is JA. That game has human Jedi, Twi'lek Jedi, Rodian Jedi, Kel-Dor Jedi... heck, even a Twi'lek Sith! And the big boss for that game is a species I don't recognize... definitely diverse. No reason why Kotor can't have a few aliens, unless you are this guy:

That is why, I, Gorton Culu, have formed the Anti-Alien League!...
Page: 1 of 4