Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

List of abbrivations...

Page: 1 of 1
 WxDude
11-02-2005, 8:31 PM
Feel free to sticky this. It's not complete, but it's close.

AAT: Armored Assault Tank
AT - AT
AT - PT
AT - ST
AT - TE: All Terrain Tactical Enforcer (Republic version of an AT - AT)
A/W: A-Wing
B/W: B-Wing
? :CloakShape
CRS: Mon Calamari Cruiser
CRL: Light Mon Calamari Cruiser
E/SSD: Eclipse Super Star Destroyer
E/W: E-Wing
FRG: Nebulon B - Frigate
SSD: Super Star Destroyer
L/C: Imperial Landing Craft
SHU: Lambda - class Shuttle
INT: Interdictor
J/S: Jedi Starfighter
K/W: K-Wing (a B/W on steroids)
?: SoroSubb Yacht 3000
CORT: Any of the Corellian Transports
CRS: Any of the Calamari Cruisers
MTT: CIS Multitroop Transport
CRV: Corellian Corvette
MTRAN: Medium Transport
MAS: Acclamator Assault Ships
LAAT: Republic Gunship
FRS: Firespray Class Patrol Ship (Slave One)
SPHA - T: Self - Propelled Heavy Turbolaser
SPHA - I: Self - Propelled Heavy Ion Cannon
STAP: Single Trooper Aerial Platform
ISD: Imperial I Star Destroyer
ISDII: Imperial II Star Destroyer
T/B: TIE Bomber
T/F: TIE Fighter
T/I: TIE Interceptor
T/D: TIE Defender
V/W: V- Wing
VSD: Victory Star Destroyer
VSDII: Victory II Star Destroyer
B/TRAN: Bulk Transport
X/W: X-Wing
Y/W: Y-Wing
Z-95: Z-95
 gamefreak
11-02-2005, 9:24 PM
Has the English language really degraded this far
 GhOsT-Jedi
11-03-2005, 1:11 AM
You forgot the DS... but I perfer to say the entire thing, I'm not lazy :P
 Jan Gaarni
11-03-2005, 2:06 AM
It's not ment to be used in the forums.
These are the abbreviations you see in the HUD when playing the X-Wing series, followed by it's shipname.

Example:
FRG:Warspite

ISDII:Avenger

SSD:Executor

You forgot a couple:
VSD: Victory - Class mkI Star Destroyer
VSDII: Victory - Class mkII Star Destroyer
CRL: Calamari Light Cruiser

And to fill out the blanks:
AT -AT: All Terrain - Armoured Transport
AT- ST: All Terrain - Scout Transport
AT - PT: All Terrain - Personal Transport
 Darth Windu
11-03-2005, 5:30 AM
Uh...folks, you have realised that this forum is for Empire at War and NOT X-wing right?

Incidently I agree with gamefreak - there is something called the 'English Language' - use it and stop being so bloody lazy.
 Dagobahn Eagle
11-03-2005, 8:06 AM
Actually, he forgot quite a few. But to list every single ship in XWA would take an eternity:D.

AT-AT: All-terrain Armoured Transport
AT-ST: All-Terrain Scout Transport
AT-PT: All Terrain Personal Transport
I thought everyone knew those:p.

Said the guy who "forgot" to use punctuation at the end of a sentence, not to mention capitalization of place names ('Troy', not 'troy'):rolleyes:.

Ghost, GameFreak, and (as usual) Windu: Think first, then talk.
Nobody's suggesting we start posting this way. It's supposed to be an informative post for people who want to learn the abbreviations. He was trying to be helpful (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=helpful), in other words. Thank you for being prejudiced.
 WxDude
11-03-2005, 8:11 AM
Actually, he forgot quite a few. But to list every single ship in XWA would take an eternity:D.

Yes, it would. I just pulled those from the New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels. I have thought about going through and making a list.

Also, these are to be used as a guide for people who don't know the short hand for the ship names when people (like me) use them.

And, all forms of the Star Destroyer should have been there, if not...they are now.

You may be wondering where I got MAS for the Acclamator Assault Ships. According to TNEGTV&V, they are the Acclamator - class Transgalatic Military Assault Ship.
 Darth Windu
11-03-2005, 9:37 PM
Dude - uh, you realise that short-hand for the Republic Assault Ship is RAS for rather obvious reasons right?

Eagle - I don't really care. Fact is, abbreivations aren't needed unless you're referring to the same thing many times. Most of the time this is not the case, and is only the result of being being too lazy to actually hit a few extra keys on their keyboard.
 lukeiamyourdad
11-03-2005, 11:58 PM
You mean you don't use abbreviations ever Windu?

So it means that every single time you refer to an AT-AT, you type All-Terrain Armored-Transport? Same with AT-ST, AT-PT?

Or perhaps it would be better if everyone made longer posts by inserting Imperator-class Star Destroyer when they can use ISD and everyone uunderstand and is happy?

We're not writing a book on a forum, we can use abbreviations and we should. It softens a post for the readers.
 Darth Windu
11-04-2005, 3:57 AM
I didn't say I never use abbreviations, what I'm saying is that, for example, writing 'FRG' instead of Frigate isn't convient, it's just plain lazy.
 Dagobahn Eagle
11-04-2005, 7:58 AM
Not really, it's military tongue.

Like saying USS Enterprise instead of United States Ship Enterprise. Or Panzer VI or Tiger instead of Panzerkampfwagen Sechs (sp.?) Tiger. Or DD August instead of the Destroyer August

If someone's making a scenario for this game or another game, abbreviations can be handy.
 WxDude
11-04-2005, 8:40 AM
Dude - uh, you realise that short-hand for the Republic Assault Ship is RAS for rather obvious reasons right?

Seeing as there is no HUD name for the Republic Assault Ship...I made it up myself.
 THEredGERBAL
11-04-2005, 8:45 AM
Well I'm not new to starwars yet a few of these ships, particularly the rebellion ones are rarely mentioned and so it is hard to recognise abbreviations, so my vote says this topic is useful, and thankyou to WxDude.
 lukeiamyourdad
11-04-2005, 1:14 PM
If someone's making a scenario for this game or another game, abbreviations can be handy.

It's handy period. I have a friend in the army and they only use abbreviations.

It's perfect for communication. It's short and easy to use.
 WxDude
11-04-2005, 6:59 PM
Thanks guys. Any additons...email them to me and I'll edit the post, or mods feel free to edit as you want to.
 Admiral Sith
11-05-2005, 6:13 AM
how about you change SSD to ESD for Executer-class Star Dreadnuaght, and Eclipse is a Star Dreadnuaght to, Super Star Destroyer is Rebel slang
 Darth Windu
11-05-2005, 7:47 AM
See, now this is laziness gone crazy. Now we have a suggestion to call the Super Star Destroyer the ESD.

WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
 Jan Gaarni
11-05-2005, 8:19 AM
You can't just change this, you would have to get the Holocron to approve it first.

You're welcome to try convincing them, but I doubt they will do it. :)

So, SSD will remain the same.
 WxDude
11-05-2005, 9:08 AM
You can't just change this, you would have to get the Holocron to approve it first.

You're welcome to try convincing them, but I doubt they will do it. :)

So, SSD will remain the same.

Exactly. No changes to already established names. Only if it's not in the X/W Series will I consider a change.
 Dagobahn Eagle
11-07-2005, 8:25 AM
how about you change SSD to ESD for Executer-class Star Dreadnuaght, and Eclipse is a Star Dreadnuaght, too, Super Star Destroyer is Rebel slang
Source?

And "Star Destroyer" isn't rebel slang. Rebel slang is "Deuce". I can post a list of slang if anyone needs one.

And don't the Imperials themselves refer to their ships as Star Destroyers?

"Dreadnaught" is a good classification of the Star Destroyer, though. I've been trying to make up my mind on it. Thanks.
 WxDude
11-07-2005, 8:28 AM
Source?

And "Star Destroyer" isn't rebel slang. Rebel slang is "Deuce". I can post a list of slang if anyone needs one.

And don't the Imperials themselves refer to their ships as Star Destroyers?

"Dreadnaught" is a good classification of the Star Destroyer, though. I've been trying to make up my mind on it. Thanks.

"Duece" is Rebel slang for an ISDII. Email me the list of the slang words and I'll post it below the CMD names.

And, DREAD is not a good classification. There is a DREAD already, and it is nothing like the Star Destroyer. If anything, they are Heavy Cruisers.
 Dagobahn Eagle
11-07-2005, 8:34 AM
Alliance Fighters
A-Wing: Slim.
B-Wing: Cross.
X-Wing: Pointer.
Z-95 Headhunter: Skull.
Y-Wing: Wishbone.

Imperial Fighters
TIE Fighter: Eyeball.
TIE Interceptor: Squint.
TIE Bomber: Dupe.
TIE Advanced: Avenger (Imperial slang).
Correlian Corvette: Blockade Runner.

Other
Imperator Star Destroyer: ImpStar.
Imperator Star Destroyer Mk. II: ImpStar Deuce.
Imperials: Bucket Heads (think it applies to all Imperials, actually).
 lonepadawan
11-07-2005, 11:52 AM
Stormtroopers= Bucket heads!
 Logain
11-07-2005, 12:43 PM
A-Wing: Slim
B-Wing: Cross
X-Wing: Pointer
Z-95 Headhunter: Skull
 Logain
11-07-2005, 12:45 PM
rebel abreviation for star drestroyer is Impstar, ISDII is an Impstar Deuce