Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What's the Bind for switching Sabre styles plz?

Page: 1 of 1
 Jade Kan DeLarb
10-30-2005, 1:30 PM
It's probably an obvious Noobie quiestion, but can anybody tell me if I can bind 3 seperate keys to Fast, Medium, and Strong Single Saber Styles respectiviely?

It's probably the FIRST thing most of you players do (if it's possible of course) but I only got around to asking now, so please help me if you can!!! Thnx.
 razorace
10-30-2005, 2:26 PM
Unfortunately, you can't. There's only a command for switching the styles generally.
 acdcfanbill
10-30-2005, 5:19 PM
well its possible with scripting. you would have to keep track of whatever style you were in and then update the other keys to do the necesssary amount of switches to put you at whatever style you wanted that key to represent. however, this sounds like a huge pain in the butt to me, especially since i dunno if the game defaults to a certian style when starting, plus it wouldnt work the same for staff/duals as it would for single. imho its better to just remimber what style you are in all the time and know how many clicks it takes to get to your intended style.
 ZeroX2
10-30-2005, 5:23 PM
I don't know much about scripting, but couldn't you set up some sort of script to change styles very quickly, and rebind the three keys so that the next press of the button will switch the right number of times? Something like key A having no bind at the start of the game (light style), and key B having one style-switch command (to go to medium) - then when key B is pressed, key B would unbind and key A would set to two style-switch commands to go back to light? Or something?

Edit: Heh, beaten to it. >_> Anyway, I'd think something like this would work (I think light is the default style - I haven't played JA in a while, you see):

Key A - Light Style
-No command (light is the default style).

Key B - Medium Style
-Switch Saber Style (to medium).
--Unbind key B.
---Bind key C to one Switch Saber Style.
----Bind key A to two Switch Saber Styles.

Key C - Strong Style
-Switch Saber Style (to medium).
--Switch Saber Style (to strong).
---Unbind key C.
----Bind key A to one Switch Saber Style.
-----Bind key B to two Switch Saber Styles.
 Crow_Nest
10-30-2005, 7:10 PM
Yes there is a way to bind individual styles to an individual key. NEver seen the command before though, but some people on this forum ever did the same thing.
 razorace
10-31-2005, 3:29 AM
I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist....at least in JKA. I've looked thru the saber style switch code myself and it doesn't include this ability. It's possible that it existed in JKO thou. :)
 Jade Kan DeLarb
10-31-2005, 7:16 AM
thnx for the replies. Geez, guess it wasn't such a noobie question afterall, huh? "Script" is beyond me - well I *say* that. I'm not even sure what it is. I assume it's gettign involved with the Command Language of the game program? Good greif, I sound so ignorant!! I have NO idea. "Console commands", I'm getting to grips with. "Script" makes me wonder if I have to master ALGOL or some such, LOL!
Page: 1 of 1