Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Old Exile Mod

Page: 1 of 1
 PrtyLizardJedi
10-29-2005, 8:01 AM
Hello
I'm back with a new mod, although it's a tad small. Simply enough, this mod changes the bearded caucasian male into an old man, full with custom (low quality) portraits and movie-style ds transitions.
You can get it at My Site (http://koti.mbnet.fi/prtyjedi/index.htm) where there are also screenshots.
I made him simply by graying out the hairy parts and the face. Then I copied some of Kreia's face for decent wrinkles.

All constructive criticism and comments welcomed.
Cheers, PLJ
 The_Maker
10-29-2005, 3:23 PM
Hmmmm, well his darkside transitions don't look... darkside.

Just some darkened rings around his eyes and some rather fake looking blood vessels =/

Edit: To clarify things, there are no alterations to his hair, skin, lips, ears, or his teeth. His eye blood "vessels" seem very fake and bland, are too straight to be real, and are to dark to be blood. The pupil of the eye looks more of a greenish dark red than a fire red like Anakin has in Episode III Revenge of the Sith. The shadows around the eyes for the darkside transistions seem more like eye-makeup rather than the corruption of the darkside and the overall effect doesn't really feel right. He looks more like a Halloween character gone wrong rather than a sith.

His normal face looks semi-real, although the wrinkles look like they were copied right off of Kreia so dialogues between you and her are rather strange to say the least... :whacked:. The blue eyes seems a little too deep to be natural, and has too much grey in them to seem like he is aged. The hair is good, however it doesn't change with the darkside transitions which makes it seem more fake. The skin also does not change which takes away from the "menacing" type feel, no veins, no greyness, not even some scars or tatoos? :eekanime:

Overall it isn't that great, the things that really need work are;

Skin needs darkside effects (some sort of tatoo, scar, vein, or grey color)
Hair needs darkside effects (blackness, some stands look different than others)
Eyes need a more natural feel (change the color from dark greenish red to fire red/yellow)
Wrinkles need to look more natural and not copied off of Kreia (try using a different image for the wrinkles)

Happy now Redhawke? :p
 RedHawke
10-30-2005, 1:14 AM
Nice to see you back Prty! :) I'll have to give this one a spin. :D

@ The_Maker when posting criticism it should be constructive, this means you need to say more than what little you wrote... Be as informitive as possible when posting criticism. What exactly makes the transitions or the blood vessels look bad to you?

EDIT: That's way better The_Maker, now don't you feel better that you now appear as a helpful individual, who is actually willing to help the modder with their feedback, instead of just being critical without explination?

But I do have an issue with this...
Last edited by The_Maker : Today at 12:18 AM. Reason: Redhawke's almighty pickyness <_<
The_Maker, I don't appreciate that "Redhawke's almighty pickyness" statement at all, even with a smily! :mad: How is asking that you post contructive criticism make me almightily picky? It doesn't. I realise you were attempting to be humorous with it, but...
 PrtyLizardJedi
10-30-2005, 2:00 AM
Thanks RedHawke, and also to The_Maker. If something, then that was constructive. Thanks.

Well, I've never been a very good retexturer, saying I'm good at changing things, as opposed to making new texture. As I said, the wrinkles have been copied off Kreia. I thought about other 'old' textures, but decided against them.
The Darkside effects... Well, I tried to take what I did off Anakin as best as I could, and he never got a tattoo, no offense. Scars I'm against, because then he'd have two identical scars on his face.
True, I could've blackened the hair, but still relying as my defense on Anakin, his hair didn't blacken up (except when burning).
As for his eyes... It seems to me Ani's eyes were yellow and had a red corona. As for the blood vessels (?) I rely again for my defense that I am not such a great retexturer.

Thanks. I'll try to give a v2 soon.

Regards & Cheers, PLJ
 PrtyLizardJedi
10-30-2005, 3:12 AM
Okay, here's (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/PrtyLizardJedi/OldExilev2.jpg) the new version.

I grayed out the hair again, then filled out some eyebags from Daraala and some wrinkles from Kreia.

(Moderators, I didn't make a new thread, 'cause I think this one's fine, because it's still the same mod)
 Boxah
11-02-2005, 6:31 AM
Now that is smooth. Liking it.
 PrtyLizardJedi
11-02-2005, 7:14 AM
Except it to my site at least by late tomorrow. Thanks, Boxah.

Maker, except same ds transitions, but I'll try to up the quality
Page: 1 of 1