Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Republic Soldier Recruit Mod Request

Page: 1 of 1
 DarkExcalibur42
10-27-2005, 1:49 PM
Okay, now that PCGameMods.com is back up and running, i scanned through all the KOTOR 1 files a few times before posting this.

Does everyone remember the Republic soldier infected with the rakghoul disease? He was the survivor near the crashed escape pod in the undercity on taris.

It always bugged me that if you gave him the cure, he runs off and dies. Could someone make a mod so that if you cure him, you can recruit him (he could take HK-47's, Juhani's, or Jolee's spot) for the rest of your time on Taris. Once you escape to the Jedi Enclave, he leaves to report back to the republic, or stays on Dantooine.

So instead of running off to his death, he gets recruited and then you have to fight off the rakghouls that normally kill him. Kind of a silly request I guess. He's not exactly a popular npc.
 zulu9812
10-28-2005, 9:49 AM
That's a good idea actually. I don't usually like recruitment mods, because they replace a good character. But a temporary recruitment sounds like a good idea
 oldflash
10-28-2005, 10:12 AM
Cool, better to be spy. On Dantooine he leave the game and come back (with a sith squad) close to last piece of star map (after Dantooine destruction).
 DarkExcalibur42
10-30-2005, 12:11 PM
oooo.... that's seriously evil! I like it! Then it's your fault that Dantooine was attacked! You led him right to it, and he told the Sith!

So that's how he escaped the Endar Spire... he gave the sith Bastilla's position so he knew the attack was coming!

That would make for some great dialogue... And Carth finally gets to blame someone for that ambush.
 RobQel-Droma
10-30-2005, 12:32 PM
Well, actually the Sith already knew where the Enclave was, because Malak was an apprentice there. He would obviously know where the Jedi were. But the rest would be cool.
 DarkExcalibur42
10-30-2005, 12:52 PM
I thought the enclave was new to that location, and that when revan and malak visited the ruins the enclave hadn't been built there yet.

Otherwise why would the jedi fear the sith finding it soon if they already knew where it was, and why would Bastilla be so dead-set against you telling saul it's location if malak studied there?
 oldflash
10-30-2005, 2:03 PM
Well, actually the Sith already knew where the Enclave was, because Malak was an apprentice there. He would obviously know where the Jedi were. But the rest would be cool.

Yes, but malak wasn't attack that place. That soldier could inform malak how jedi council has learn about star map and about "revan & bastila co." secret mission. Since all others atempt to capture bastila was fail he decide to destroy dantooine and other places where reval could be.
Bah, too dark.
 DarkExcalibur42
11-01-2005, 5:43 PM
Okay... so final check. Doesn't seem like anyone's interested in making this mod. If no one else posts, i'm letting this thread die.
 zulu9812
11-01-2005, 7:52 PM
Someone please make this mod!
 RobQel-Droma
11-01-2005, 8:56 PM
I would try it but I have no experience doing recruit mods. Not only that, I am still having troubles doing any kind of modding, except changing the stats of an item; I don't really consider myself a "modder". :D So, I probably couldn't do it.

@Oldflash, maybe so, but why not bomb the Enclave and get rid of one of his biggest enemies? Why wouldn't he have done that a long time ago? The Enclave was already there, by the way. That whole thing is probably the one thing I have problems with. Although, when you are on the Leviathan, if you answer all of Saul's questions, Carth comments that the Admiral already knew all the answers. Of course, I don't know whether he knew where the Enclave was before it was attacked, or he knew it when Malak found it and attacked.
 DarkExcalibur42
11-02-2005, 3:05 AM
Curses. I appreciate the sentiment RobQel-Droma. Guess this request is dead...
 shamelessposer
11-06-2005, 7:13 PM
Dead it isn't. I'll look into doing it this evening, but if it works it'll be part of my KOTOR Remix.
 Emperor Devon
11-06-2005, 7:42 PM
Three words: Carth and Trask.
 shamelessposer
11-06-2005, 8:53 PM
Here's the quick-and-dirty:

(apology in advance for the darkness and tinyness of the picture)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/shamelessposer/garon.jpg)

Garon Tetra, who joins your party because of his oath to protect Bastila.

He doesn't have his own dialog file yet, his appearance remains the same despite any armor you may put on him, and his portrait on the selection screen is Carth's. I plan on updating all that stuff pretty soon, and then pushing out a KOTOR Remix 0.3. Whenever I get a new microphone (or a volunteer from the boards), I'll be able to redo his VO.
 DarkExcalibur42
11-06-2005, 9:51 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ................ um............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

*HU-- *ahem*... *handshake*

That is seriously awesome! Personally i don't mind that his appearance stays the same. He looks very official that way. And... I'll check, because I might know a volunteer to do the voice-over.

Where can I dl this mod?

P.S. Like the name. Garon Tetra :D
 DarkExcalibur42
11-06-2005, 9:56 PM
Three words: Carth and Trask.

Trask dies gruesomely and early on. Plus if you have a certain mod, he's your jedi mentor rather than a soldier.

It's true that Carth is a soldier. I just didn't like that no one else seemed to survive the attack on the Endar Spire, and I didn't like how they got rid of this survivor in-game. It's sort of a continuity/story-line fix request than anything else.

I am EXCESSIVELY excited to try out this recruit mod!!! :D :D :D I hope other people enjoy it too!!
 shamelessposer
11-06-2005, 10:12 PM
To get the name, I just went through the random name generator for PCs at the beginning of the game. I swear, Garon Tetra was the third or fourth one to come up. So it's part homage, part kismet.

EDIT: And I'll make the download available in the next couple of days. There's still some kinks to work out and some dialog work I want to do with him.
 DarkExcalibur42
11-06-2005, 11:18 PM
I can wait :D

Have I mentioned how much you rock lately?

This is going on my favorite mods list!
 zulu9812
11-07-2005, 7:34 AM
Hoo-rah! Brilliant - finally! :D
 Mono_Giganto
11-07-2005, 4:42 PM
Just one small issue: Where will he be located in the Taris apartment? If he's going to use Jolee/Juhani/HK's slot, there won't be a space for him in the apartment.
 shamelessposer
11-07-2005, 5:04 PM
That is definitely an issue. I'll look for a spawn point for him on this playthrough of the game once all the other characters are filled in (still have to rescue Bastila), then see if there's room for him.
 shamelessposer
11-13-2005, 7:02 PM
Okay, Version 0.3 of the KOTOR Remix includes Garon Tetra. Have at it.
Page: 1 of 1