Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Favorite bands?!?!?!

Page: 1 of 1
 Gruducuuz
10-24-2005, 9:55 PM
A good way to get to know some one better it to what music they like.

So post your favorite band and your favorite song/s by them here. I might as well start off.

They Might Be Giants a.k.a. TMBG

Birdhouse in your soul
Istanbul
Particle Man

(also, a great way to listen to these songs if you've never heard them before is to use the program here-- www.limewire.com--)

That is all. *click*
 Purple Squid
10-24-2005, 10:03 PM
TMBG-- Experimental Film, Thunder Bird, The Spine, all of it.

Gorillaz--all of their stuff, too.

Hot Hot Heat. In general.

All of them hip techno kids as well.

EDIT: Should probably add the fact that I have at least a million random songs on my ipod--including celtic, Bach, and whale-sounds-to-music. :~
 90SK
10-24-2005, 10:08 PM
Pwah, I love the Seatbelts (http://rfblues.aaanime.net/Seatbelts/), with the Pillows (http://www.pillows.gr.jp/) on par. Normally, one would be better than the other, but it's impossible to decide since they're so different, so I just like them both equally.

Other than that, I listen to just about everything. Except country rock. Can't stand the stuff.

edit: Gosh darn it, I'd have to say that They Might Be Giants are near the top of my list now too. Thanks for the referral! :D
 TyraaRane
10-24-2005, 10:19 PM
I listen to just about everything (no, really), so my music tastes are sort of all over the map and my favorite bands tend to change from month to month (give or take a few old standbys), but...current favorite bands: Gone Jackals, Garbage, Magnetic Fields, Hedningarna, Blue Man Group, Vas, The Wallflowers, Headstones, and Iced Earth.

And that's not including all the individual artists I'm obsessing over at the moment. Clearly, I'm on something of a hard rock kick.

And yes, my music library looks like it was compiled by a pair of bipolar monkeys on a severe sugar high, why do you ask?
 90SK
10-24-2005, 10:24 PM
Oh, no reason. I was just curious if the monkeys were still around. I hear they know some good clubs.
 Purple Squid
10-24-2005, 10:58 PM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a240/squidsarefuzzy/pete.jpg)

This guy is okay, whoever he is. Wink.
 SandyPhanta
10-24-2005, 11:13 PM
I like Misfits, The Killers, Tiger Army, NOFX, The Ramones, The Clash, Bouncing souls and...other stuff.
 Purple Squid
10-24-2005, 11:31 PM
I can hardly understand the Ramones--but I know when they talk about beating brats up with baseball bats. :0
 Agent-Sarah
10-24-2005, 11:35 PM
HIM, A Perfect Circle, Tool, Rob Zombie, Fatboy Slim, Gorillaz, Chevelle, The Crystal Method, Daft Punk, Marliyn Manson, Blur, Disturbed, Godsmack, Queens of the Stone Age, and Nine Inch Nails.
 Gruducuuz
10-25-2005, 6:51 AM
Two things, I understand you guys listen to alot of music, but try to keep your list to one or two bands with one, two, or three songs each.

And second, I have an honorable mention song.

Banana Phone by Raffi

It's so addicting!
 DarthAve
10-25-2005, 3:08 PM
I don't know exactly know who I like, I like a lot of different kinds of music. My faves are evanescence, falco, alicia keys, Queen, and Natasha Beddingfield. I like more, I just can't thing of them right now.
 Sokolov
10-25-2005, 3:24 PM
Put it this way: I have a record collection.

Beatles, Led Zeppelin, <3 David Bowie, ect. I'm also addicted to my Iron Butterfly's "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" album right now.
 alliespixie
10-25-2005, 4:08 PM
greenday, american rejects, wake me up whrn sept. ends & my dirty little secret.
 Psychochaos3
02-25-2006, 3:07 PM
I like GreenDay with thier song "Wake me up when september ends", Simple Plan with their song "Just a kid", Switchfoot with "Meant to live:, SR-71 "My World", and Crush40 "It Doesn't Matter".
 KingCheez
02-25-2006, 3:19 PM
I hate all the bands you like. ESPECIALLY Green Day and Simple Plan.

I like Five Iron Frenzy, The Mad Caddies, Gorillaz, Powerman 5000, Reel Big Fish, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, you know, MUSIC.
 Mashi An'krekku
02-25-2006, 3:58 PM
SORTED BY ARTIST AND ALBUMS I OWN (BY RELEASE DATE; NOT SHOWN)

~Alanis Morisette (Jagged Little Pill; Under Rug Swept; So-Called Chaos)
~Alice in Chains (Alice in Chains AKA Three)
~The Aquabats! (The Return of the Aquabats!; The Fury of the Aquabats!; Vs. The Floating Eye of Death and Other Amazing Adventures Volume 1; Myths, Legends and Other Amazing Adventures Volume 2; Yo! Check Out This Ride! EP; Charge!!)
~Bjцrk (Debut; Post; Medщlla)
~The Capsules (Someone for Everyone)
~The Cranberries (Everybody Else Is Doing It, Why Can't We?; No Need to Argue; Wake Up and Smell The Coffee)
~The Detroit Cobras (Mink Rat or Rabbit; Life, Love and Leaving; Seven Easy Pieces)
~Duran Duran (Decade)
~Enya (A Day Without Rain)
~The Flaming Lips (The Soft Bulletin; Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots)
~Foo Fighters (Foo Fighters; The Colour and the Shape; There Is Nothing Left to Lose; One by One; In Your Honor)
~Garbage (Garbage; Version 2.0; Bleed Like Me)
~The Go-Go's (Greatest Hits)
~L7 (Bricks Are Heavy)
~Le Tigre (Le Tigre; From The Desk of Mr. Lady; Feminist Sweepstakes; This Island)
~The Libertines (The Libertines)
~The Mars Volta (Tremulant EP; De-Loused in the Comatorium; Frances the Mute; Scab Dates [Live])
~Modest Mouse (The Moon and Antartica; Good News for People Who Love Bad News)
~Nine Inch Nails (The Downward Spiral)
~PJ Harvey (Rid of Me; To Bring You My Love; Is This Desire?; Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea; Uh Huh Her)
~Poe (Hello; Haunted)
~Portishead (Dummy; Portishead)
~Queens of the Stone Age (Rated R: Restriced to Everyone, Everywhere, All the Time; Lullabies to Paralyze)
~Radiohead (Pablo Honey; The Bends; Aibag/How Is My Driving? EP; Kid A; Amnesiac; Hail to the Theif)
~The Seatbelts (Earth Girls Are Easy)
~Sleater-Kinney (The Hot Rock; Call The Doctor; Dig Me Out; One Beat)
~Soundgarden (Superunknown)
~They Might Be Giants (Apollo 18; Flood)
~Tracy Bonham (The Burdens of Being Upright)
~Weezer (Blue Album; Green Album; Pinkerton; Make Believe)
~Weird Al (Dare To Be Stupid; Running With Scissors)
~Assorted Artists (Saturday Morning Cartoons Greatest Hits; COWBOY BEBOP CD COLLECTION; Strong Bad Sings and Other Type Hits)
~Personal Compilations (Mixplaced: Mashi's Mix of Misplaced Music; Now That's What I Call Muzak!;Stage of Bonusity; H*R Assortment Platter)

*pant pant* That SHOOOULD be everything.
 Klia
02-25-2006, 5:49 PM
In Order:

Bauhaus
Timo Maas
Fatboy Slim
Royskopp
Rage against the Machine
Bloodhound Gang
Frankie Goes to Hollywood
 KingCheez
02-25-2006, 5:55 PM
Bloodhound Gang kicks ass too!
 DarthAve
02-25-2006, 6:04 PM
I don't know who all I like now. My music taste is changing faster that I am aging. I don't like a lot of bands, mainly solo artist.

I do enjoy Queen more that anything, for Freddy Murcury had a way with seducing guys, and girls who didn't know he was like that. I like Falco, Gwen Stefani, Evanesence, Alicia Keys, Toby Lightman, KT Tunstall, Christina Aguilera, Beastie Boys, A lot of Latin Salsa-type dancing music, and the broadway songs from Chicago and Wicked. I am such a freak when it comes to taste in music.
 Klia
02-25-2006, 6:12 PM
My favorite song from Bloodhound Gang is Pacman on Crack.

But Darth_ave, those are the bands I listen to the most however I love all types of music. I'd have to go for perferred genres.

Classical
Metal
Electronica
Indie
Goth (Bauhaus and the such. Not the crap being pumped out today)
Disco

but it really depends on the mood I'm in.
 DarthAve
02-25-2006, 6:31 PM
Did I say you only liked those types of music??? I do not think so.....
 KingCheez
02-25-2006, 6:38 PM
I do enjoy Queen more that anything, for Freddy Murcury had a way with seducing guys,

Living proof that all a girl wants is a guy who boinks other guys. :|

I wish I was queer so chicks would dig me.
 DarthAve
02-25-2006, 6:40 PM
You'd have to grow a Tom Sellack moustache, and sing about being the champion and a good-old-fashion lover boy, and such other fine tunes.
 zelda 41
02-26-2006, 3:13 PM
Right...Anyway, BACK ON TOPIC

Order:

System of the Down: Old School Hollywood, Raido; Video

Nate Sally: Inside Out

Marlyn Masin: The Nobodies
 Gruducuuz
02-26-2006, 5:09 PM
UPDATE ON MY SONGS:

Anything in Guitar Hero.

www.guitarherogame.com)
 DarthAve
02-26-2006, 5:11 PM
Oh...Grud has a new favorite thing.... Like I do. As you can see in my change from Stand by me sig, and avatar to Danial Vosovic sig and avatar.
 Psychochaos3
03-04-2006, 10:23 PM
I hate all the bands you like. ESPECIALLY Green Day and Simple Plan.

I like Five Iron Frenzy, The Mad Caddies, Gorillaz, Powerman 5000, Reel Big Fish, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, you know, MUSIC.
i heard of powerman 5000. They played a song on "shadow the hedgehog". It was "almost dead". I didn't hate it, but I disliked it because it reminds me of heavy metal.
 Odd
03-05-2006, 2:12 AM
Linkin Park (Songs: In The End, Nobody's Listening, Numb)
Green Day (Songs: American Idiot, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Last Ride In)
L'arc En Ciel (Songs: Ready Steady Go, Revelation, Coming Closer)
Good Charlotte (Songs: Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous, Bloody Valentine)
Gorillaz (Songs: Feel Good Inc., Dare)
3 Doors Down (Kryptonite, Love Me When I'm Gone, Be Somebody)
Crossface (Songs: Cold, Disco, Colors)
Savage Garden (Songs: Break Me Shake Me, Carry on Dancing)
Matchbox 20 (Songs: Bent, Long Day, Crutch)
Maroon 5 (songs: Harder to Breathe, This Love, She Will Be Loved)
Evanescence (Songs: Bring Me To Life, Taking Over Me, Going Under)
Page: 1 of 1