Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sound problem

Page: 1 of 1
 Calico_Jack
10-23-2005, 4:00 PM
hi, my sound blaster audigy2ZS works fine on every game and every movie but why the hell do i get stuttering sticking sounds so often when i play SWBF1+ 2beta...

its like this : i play, everything is OK with the sound and suddenly theres a place where the sound stucks from an explosion, or the sound of a vehicle-- but the vehicle isnt there anymore for maybe 2 min.

an explosion makes this : BOOM, ok .... but when the sound stucks it makes BOOM,BO,BO,BO,BO,BO,BO,BO,BO,BO...

i dont know what this is and also dont know how to solve this problem...
i hope u understand what i mean and know how to solve this ****

i have the latest creative drivers,updates..
 shortieuk_TAW
10-25-2005, 5:50 AM
I see you have the latest audio drivers, have you also tried updating your Video driver? I know that doesn't make sense, but you never know! Do you have on-board sound? If you do, enable it and see if that works.

Hope this helps!

TAW_Shortie.
 Calico_Jack
10-30-2005, 6:13 AM
its a soundblaster, so NO, its not onboard

and i also have the latest driver for my geforce 6600gt
 master_skywalke
10-30-2005, 11:29 AM
Did you laready try to play the game with your audio settings on Dolby Surround or 5.1 or 7?
 zerted
10-30-2005, 1:16 PM
Same sound card, same problem. This happens randomly with any sound. I haven't started messing with my sound settings yet... Its hard to trouble shoot, because it happens randomly and does not always happen.
 Calico_Jack
10-30-2005, 2:44 PM
yup

and yes, i turned settings to 5.1...because i have 5.1 boxes from creative
 Rogue74
11-04-2005, 11:45 PM
I've got a brand new Creative X-Fi and my sound is messed up too. I have new drivers for everything and just did a fresh XP install. The problem is mostly with the music skipping and some ambient noise stuttering.
 Calico_Jack
11-05-2005, 5:00 AM
why does this happen to creative products only ?
 pmacklam
11-05-2005, 7:27 AM
I also have the same problem with my USB Creative Audigy 2 NX external sound device and my Creative I-Trigue 3600 the sound stutters constantly.

While the sound stutters the graphics also freeze up at the same time as well.
This happens on Star Wars Battlefront 2, Black & White 2, Pro Evoluton Soccer 5 etc.
So I'm stuck, I can't play anything at the moment.
 daventry
11-10-2005, 3:08 PM
Theres this annoying Alarm Sound that keeps beeping when i play through the Game, even when im on the ground i still hear it. Is there a way to turn it off or is it supposed to beep like that.
 zerted
11-10-2005, 6:55 PM
why does this happen to creative products only ?
Must be a driver problem, or LA hates Creative and wrote in code to break on their hardware.
 Rogue74
11-10-2005, 7:30 PM
I haven't heard a beeping, but every once in a while there's an ear-piercing burst of static that makes you fling off your headphones. I guess LA thinks you'll fall asleep or something...
 ManiacMoFo
11-11-2005, 1:23 PM
same problem here, i had the problem with SWBF1 and now with SWBF 2. using Creatives openAL beta driver atm. had the problem in SWBF 1 with the earlier official driver set.
 Rogue74
11-11-2005, 9:24 PM
Now that you mention that, I seem to remember that happening to me with BF1 also. I had an Audigy 2 card before.
 Calico_Jack
11-12-2005, 3:01 AM
why cant lucas arts fix that ??
i cant belive that 1 of the best soundcards isnt supported optimal for swbf1+2
 Rogue74
11-12-2005, 8:47 PM
I'm just curious, are you guys having sound problems with the DVD or CDROM version? I have the DVD version. I'm just wondering if maybe one or the other has problems or if it's software. I don't know if they run the music off the DVD/CD or the hard drive.
 zerted
11-12-2005, 8:55 PM
The music should be running off the hard drive. After you get by the cd check, you can normally take the cd/dvd out of your computer and the game will run fine.
 daventry
11-13-2005, 7:34 AM
I haven't heard a beeping, but every once in a while there's an ear-piercing burst of static that makes you fling off your headphones. I guess LA thinks you'll fall asleep or something...

Play Hoth and run away from the Battle, then try not to listen to the Music but only the Sounds :ears1:.

Its like an Alarm Sound and its through the whole Game, its only when im on a Vehicle that its off. its like sweesh, sweesh, sweesh when you are inside a security building and the Alarm goes off.

Is it a Setting or something, because its not my Sound Card.
 zerted
11-13-2005, 7:53 AM
...its not my Sound Card.
and you know that becasue?
 daventry
11-13-2005, 8:07 AM
Because all my other Games work fine with no problem at all.

Are you hearing the sound aswell, or is it just a setting in the Game.
 zerted
11-13-2005, 10:49 AM
Oh, sorry I slightly misread your post... Its not a setting in the game, its a bug in the game. I don't get an alarm sound, but I get a random game sound repeated over and over until it stops randomly.

[EDIT for post below: Yea, I know thats what you meant. No one has found a solution yet...]
 Calico_Jack
11-13-2005, 11:23 AM
thats exactly what i ment
Page: 1 of 1