Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

No voices (text only)

Page: 1 of 1
 Cuni
10-22-2005, 4:49 PM
I read all the threads in the forum, and none actually solves my problem:
I'm running Sam and Max under Win XP, with ScummVM, and the game works well, with music and sound, but the dialogues are text only, with no voices... exept in the opening cutscene, with the mad scientist. Can somebody send me the voice files? I DON'T want to buy the game again...
Thanks...
 toenail1
10-23-2005, 1:13 AM
That would be illegal. Buy the version with the voice pack if you want the voices.
 SyntheticGerbil
10-24-2005, 12:48 AM
The disk version of Sam and Max that you downloaded off some abandonware website just isn't going to cut it.

Either start downloading emule or buy the Day of the Tentacle/Sam and Max pack people sell cheap in other countries on Ebay. Doesn't matter, both don't give LucasArts any new dollar bills, as if they need it.
 Cuni
10-24-2005, 1:52 PM
I already solved it myself...
 Jester
10-24-2005, 9:12 PM
No! You need us.
 itchythesamurai
10-24-2005, 9:54 PM
Man, I remember how I used to play with just the text, and then I got the dialogue to work, just blew me away. I could ramble on for a good while about it...
 Cuni
10-25-2005, 11:16 AM
No! You need us.
Ha, ha... very funny. No, seriously, I got the voices, they work just fine...
 Skinkie
10-26-2005, 6:41 PM
So now your hearing voices? I'm afraid the help we offer just may not be enough.
 Cuni
10-29-2005, 3:15 PM
So now your hearing voices? I'm afraid the help we offer just may not be enough.
I see, I'm among comediants... and I didn't say "I hear voices", I said "I got the voices"... just for the record
 toenail1
10-30-2005, 3:55 PM
I see, I'm among comediants... and I didn't say "I hear voices", I said "I got the voices"... just for the record

So you finally captured them, eh? Well thats a start. Now the ritual begins
 Elisa
04-11-2006, 4:44 PM
Hi Cuni,
excuse me for bothering you, but could you tell me how you fixed this problem with the lack of voices in Sam & Max??
I have the same problem and I haven't been able to find the voice pack anywhere...could you send me yours or tell me where you were able to find it??

Thank you very much!!

Elisa
 Skinkie
04-12-2006, 11:50 AM
I'm sure the way she fixed it was illegal
Page: 1 of 1