Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Installing/uninstalling problem (JK2)

Page: 1 of 1
 Nightkill
10-20-2005, 1:58 PM
Ok, as follows.
I used to play a lot of jk2, but I stopped playing. Now, I want to visit my clan sometimes, but my jk2 disk seems to be scratched. It stucks at 64% with the install. Now, I got a good jk2 disk from my friend, threw this jk2 off... but as soon as I fired up the install of that disk, it asked me if I was sure that jk2 was uninstalled completely. So I clicked yes.. after a while, it finished, I try to setup again, and again.. asks me to uninstall.. I've just formatted my hard drive a few weeks ago, and am not planning to do so again... any more ppl with this problem that can help me? would be appreciated.. thx :D
 Kurgan
10-21-2005, 3:39 PM
Clean your disc and try again. Also consider making a clone of your cleaned disc. Typically people will start complaining of problems when their bootlegged/warzed copy of the game isn't working, which is not the fault of lucasarts, but rather the pirates. But if you honestly want help, take my advice. If it's too scratched that even a cleaning can't help, then consider buying yourself a new copy. The game is very cheap and well worth it.
;)

You might also try a registry cleaner to make sure the game is really fully uninstalled before you reinstall (I use Registry Mechanic).
 acdcfanbill
10-22-2005, 5:36 PM
also, the local cd shops usually buff cd's for nominal fees.
 Nightkill
10-25-2005, 3:01 AM
look guys, i'm not sure you've understood my problem.

The problem is: when I insert the CD, at the game setup, it keeps asking me to uninstall. Even with an other jk2 cd, it gives me the same message.
 acdcfanbill
10-25-2005, 2:16 PM
oh well goto My Computer and navigate to your CD ROM drive with the cd, right click on it and select open from the menu, you should then be able to see the files on the CD. select setup.exe
 riceplant
10-26-2005, 10:43 AM
OK, let me get this straight. According to your first post, you installed the game from the disc from your friend, then tried to install it again? The first question that comes to mind is why?
 ZeroX2
10-26-2005, 10:57 AM
Did you try Kurgan's suggestion - cleaning up the registry?
 Kurgan
10-26-2005, 3:22 PM
Actually I get the impression that when he inserted the disc to PLAY, it prompted him to uininstall (using the auto run program).

That's pretty weird. It makes me think the first install was somehow corrupted. You could try just cancelling and running the exe directly from the game directory (not the auto run cd). But it may just not work. Try uinstalling and reinstalling. But I suspect the problem may go deeper...
 melord
11-12-2005, 4:01 AM
I had this happen recently on my buddies computer over here, just make sure you erase every little bit of it and even take off restore when you restart your computer.

Besides obviously cleaning your registry, physicaly erase the Lucas Arts folder off of your harddrive. A config probably is probably being left and I know that when this happened to me this worked.

Hope that helps.
Page: 1 of 1