Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

HELP SAVE STAR WARS RPG!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Nur Ab Sal
10-17-2005, 6:20 AM
WOTC announced that will not produce any sourcebooks and other supplements for pen&paper Star Wars RPG, and their entire franchise effort will go to incredibly stupid Star Wars Miniatures. Lucasfilm approved this decision cause minis generate great income for them. So minis just replaced SW RPG and it doesn't break the licence agreement.

Here's is semi-official info for Living Force players only (we always get infos sooner than rest), but soon WOTC will announce it officially.

From: RPGA-LivingForce@yahoogroups.com [mailto:RPGA-LivingForce@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of August Hahn
Sent: 07 October 2005 07:35
To: RPGA-LivingForce@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [RPGA-LivingForce] The Fate of Living Force - OFFICIAL

Dear readers and players,

[...]Wizards of the Coast has no interest in pursuing the Star Wars
license agreement with LucasFilm beyond its Miniatures product
line. This final decision came only very recently, which is why
there has been such a delay in an announcement. With no roleplaying
products coming out or scheduled, the roleplaying organized play
division (the RPGA) will not support a second campaign set in the
Star Wars universe.[...]

That means that great adventure that began in 1987 with WEG's first supplements ends now. I've never liked WOTC anyway, cause they never put half of enthusiasm that WEG put into Star Wars. They always treated SW RPG as one of many systems in their endless line, they were always assigning insufficient number of employees to it, and were lazy in publishing the books. Howewer some support for the system existed. To be honest their sourcebooks weren't so bad (Ultimate Adversaries, Dark Side Sourcebook, Galactic Campaign Guide or Hero's Guide) and with phenomenal success of KotOR - the first Star Wars CRPG, we all hoped that WOTC will have anough brains to exploit the popularity of the latter for further development of the system. And we are now left with nothing.

The problem is not that SW sourcebooks weren't selling good - they were selling not good enough to satisfy greedy corporate white collars. I liked D20 system and I'd really like to see it fully supported and alive. And I am not alone.

If you care you can sign petition to WOTC to not terminate SW RPG permanently.

You can do it HERE (http://www.petitiononline.com/savswrpg/petition.html) but during signing you must give your real name and surname (and email of course)

The Petition must hit at least 10000 signs to be considered serious by WOTC so there's a long way ahead of us. That's why players like me are announcing the petition on every possible board.
 DarkExcalibur42
11-01-2005, 5:52 AM
That's f-ing horrible! I can't believe they're going to rip the money out from under star wars rpg for the minis game!

I play that minis game, but I want to try the SW RPG eventually (which i can't do if they kill it)! *Signs petition*
 Killwithhonor
11-01-2005, 4:09 PM
Wait, so all star wars games like swkotor are going down the drane?
 Kain
11-01-2005, 4:43 PM
Good, get rid of that d20 ****. Maybe Lucas will wise up and sell it back to West End Games.
 DarkExcalibur42
11-01-2005, 5:22 PM
Wait, so all star wars games like swkotor are going down the drane?

Not the computer rpg's. just the tabletop rpg games. But that stuff is majorly fun, so it dying=bad. i think
 Nur Ab Sal
11-02-2005, 10:47 AM
Good, get rid of that d20 ****. Maybe Lucas will wise up and sell it back to West End Games.

This is impossible. Law forbids returning licence to a company that lost it once.
 Samurai DD
11-05-2005, 11:12 AM
No! It cannot be! I love tabletop RPG's too!!! Man, they just can't do that! Well, they can, but they should not!

Miniatures are cool too, but nothing compares to a good round of D20...

*Signed*

There's a long way to go... but we'll make it. :)
 steven
11-05-2005, 12:33 PM
whats a D20?
 Samurai DD
11-05-2005, 6:18 PM
It's a system for role playing games created by WotC, originally used in D&D. The system itself went open source, and now a variety of games use it, including the SW RPG.
 DarkExcalibur42
11-06-2005, 3:21 AM
D20 = 20 sided dice. used for combat and saves and such from what i understand...
Page: 1 of 1