Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bandwidth needed?

Page: 1 of 1
 djmoose
10-17-2005, 3:47 AM
I'm working on setting up a PC dedicated server for PS2 games. Is there a specific equation of sorts for how much upload bandwidth your server needs? I imagine it's something along the lines like how Winamp's Shoutcast works...depending on the bitrate you're streaming at...how many listeners can you have at once?

Basically, I know I have 768k upload...so how many players can I have on at once with no bandwidth stress?

Thanks!
 Carpaltunnal
10-18-2005, 7:01 PM
Hi moose, I'm on PC but all the info I've found on bandwidth is posted here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=153986)

with 768k upload you should (if the bandwidth requirements are the same as PC) be able to host 12 to 24 players comfortably
 ERHDeadEyeJedi
01-27-2006, 7:18 AM
My upload hangs just under 400 and I made a room with a max of 24 players plus 32 AI per team. At one point there were 7 people in the room and it held up just fine. This was with a 128k limit though, so the PS2 connections might not be such a burden.
Page: 1 of 1