Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

MTRBG:

Page: 1 of 1
 Aristotйlēsticus
10-15-2005, 7:10 AM
When I was thinking of a game story, I had this idea on my mind…Multiple Threads Role Playing Game….

*This type of RBG will provide more stability in playing and fast growing of the story, for example: if the separate multiple threads represent the places where the game is played- like planets- the player will read only the posts that benefit him, he won't read posts happened in another place or planet which gives the game more reality.

*for more excitement we can out a rule that forbade players in one place to see the posts on other places so if the sith are planning to attack the jedi, the last ones wont knew it until the leader of the sith inform the jedi of that invasion (by PM), and that will give us a great time of joy in discovering our enemies characters.

*separating threads means a small number of players in one thread and that means more interactive playing between the players.

So what do you think? Are you with or against? And if you had some ideas just post it.
 Jedi Atomic
10-15-2005, 11:51 AM
I would like that..................................
I'm with.
 ExtreamJedi12
10-15-2005, 7:26 PM
Seems like a good idea. I'm in.
 Aristotйlēsticus
10-16-2005, 5:20 PM
thanks guys...do you know if we can make a main thread for the game and related subthreads for the places?
 ExtreamJedi12
10-16-2005, 5:46 PM
I don't know. Ask a moderator.
 Killwithhonor
10-16-2005, 7:28 PM
yea ask a mod, but im in, when u start it
 jokemaster
10-16-2005, 10:15 PM
Sounds interesting....I'm in.
 Writer
10-16-2005, 11:01 PM
Hey, why not? When it starts, count me in.
 jokemaster
10-16-2005, 11:03 PM
WJ: You and I just follow each other around, don't we?
 Writer
10-16-2005, 11:30 PM
heh... we certainly seem to... an unending circle of followers following followers....... :p
 jokemaster
10-16-2005, 11:34 PM
It's a conundrum*

*has no idea what that is
 Aristotйlēsticus
10-20-2005, 7:43 AM
I've asked a mod (stingerhs) and he told me that we cant build subthreads, but the good news is that he likes the idea and will discuss the possibility of having it in LF with other mods
 ExtreamJedi12
10-20-2005, 4:50 PM
LF?
 RobQel-Droma
10-20-2005, 7:25 PM
I think he means LucasForums. Sounds like a good idea, but if at all I agree, you would need subthreads for the actual story, otherwise, it would just get confusing; If people didn't see this they wouldn't know that the thread they were in would only be a small part and it would mess the story up.
 Aristotйlēsticus
10-20-2005, 7:57 PM
LF?

I meant Lucas Forums.

I think he means LucasForums. Sounds like a good idea, but if at all I agree, you would need subthreads for the actual story, otherwise, it would just get confusing; If people didn't see this they wouldn't know that the thread they were in would only be a small part and it would mess the story up.

if it happened, i will post a main thread, inside of it there will be subthreads for characters (every player will post some info about his character), places (where the story is happening),in addition of subthreads that might be build in the game like when the characters go to a new place,and so on...thus every player will feel free to read any posts, offcourse at the end of the game the still living characters will meet in the same place.

note: for more info about the subthreads, you can read my first post in this thread.
 Writer
10-20-2005, 8:57 PM
This sounds really interesting and fun... hope it ends up working out.
 Aristotйlēsticus
10-21-2005, 6:09 PM
here comes the bad news:

"well, i discussed this possibility with both the mods and with a couple of admins, and its just not possible. several mods were also concerned that it could be a new method of possible spam. i didn't really agree with them on that part, but thats how it went."

this is the PM of the mod o've asked about this idea...well for me, they did not convince me, but what we should do? anybody has an idea?
Page: 1 of 1