Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problem: After-match game lock up.

Page: 1 of 1
 CidCaldensfey
10-13-2005, 1:30 AM
It doesn't really lock up, but after finishing a match it sometimes, most of the time, locks up and gives me a disconnected signal while I'm still in the game. It's like everyone gets the score sheet and I'm the only guy left hanging there without one, being stuck forever while everyone moves on to the next map.

Then I have to alt+tab out, use task manager to turn it off, and then when I try to play again it switches my sound from Hardware EAX to just software. And the only remedy to get my hardware EAX back is by rebooting.

I don't know why it does this either. I'll post my specs.

Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
Direct X 9C
AMD 3200XP
1024MB
Asus A7N8XE Deluxe
ATI Radeon 9800 PRO (128) Catalyst Version: 5.6
Sound Blaster Audigy 2

I wish this game would print out a log of processes / lines executed during play.
 zerted
12-03-2005, 8:36 AM
Are you getting stuck before you get a score sheet or after? I have a problem where the 'Done' button doesn't appear on the score sheet. Have you contacted tech support yet on this issue?
 biny
12-05-2005, 3:17 PM
I have the same problem as him, in every single match. It is before the score sheet comes up. I can be walking and the victory announcment will come and then I will just get the disconnected symbol flashing in the corner. Then I have to open task manager and close Battlefront 2 from there.
 zerted
12-05-2005, 8:47 PM
Try disabling your sound. It sounds unrelated (parden the pun) to your problem, but do it anyway. Also, do any of you have dual processors or dual core processors?
 biny
12-05-2005, 9:17 PM
I turned effects off (is that what you meant?) and it did nothing. I don't know what the second part means.
 zerted
12-05-2005, 10:02 PM
No, I mean completely turning off your sound. You do this by changing one of the sound options (I don't remember the name) to disable. Just forget about the second part then.
 biny
12-06-2005, 12:20 PM
Then I have to alt+tab out, use task manager to turn it off, and then when I try to play again it switches my sound from Hardware EAX to just software. And the only remedy to get my hardware EAX back is by rebooting.

I don't have this problem.

If i drag all the sound bars in the options menu down to 0 is that what you mean?
 zerted
12-06-2005, 6:55 PM
The settings, I think is mixer. It can be Software, Hardware, or Disable. Set it to Disable. This should turn off all sound in the game and may fix your problem.
 biny
12-07-2005, 4:16 PM
The settings, I think is mixer. It can be Software, Hardware, or Disable. Set it to Disable. This should turn off all sound in the game and may fix your problem.

Oh ok, I know what you mean.

Thanks.

:vsd: :vsd: :vsd: :vsd: :vsd: :vsd:
Page: 1 of 1