Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Editing text/voice in CMI

Page: 1 of 1
 DanRoy
10-09-2005, 6:17 PM
I'm trying to take the original Monkey Island 3 speech audio and speech text and edit them to include extra commentary. Is this possible? I see all the speech text in "LANGUAGE.TAB," and I found the corresponding audio files in "VOXDISK1.BUN." I can play the audio files using ScummRev2 and export them from .IMX to .WAV, but I can't import my edited .WAVs back into .IMX.

I saw a post that seemed to relate to this issue from a while ago saying it's very hard to do this because when you add data, all the resource offsets break. Is there a way around this?

(it's post #4 on this thread)
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52628)
 john_doe
10-09-2005, 7:56 PM
Iirc the language.tab can be changed/translated without problems.
The thing is to get the new wave files back into voxdisk1.bun. Now there are two possible solutions: Make/get a program that lets you do this. The sounds don't even have to be compressed afaik so it wouldn't be that hard I guess.
Second, you could get the ScummVM source code and change all the audio playback code to use external wave files instead the ones from voxdisk1.bun. I admit I have no clue how hard this would be.
 DanRoy
10-09-2005, 8:23 PM
Thanks. I'll look into editing the ScummVM source.
Page: 1 of 1