Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Running Escape From Monkey Island On Windows XP

Page: 1 of 1
 VibeWave
10-07-2005, 3:18 AM
I'm completely frustrated.

I've installed Escape From Monkey Island.

I've downloaded and installed the 'Escape From Monkey Island Patch'.

The game won't run!

When I click on 'Play Monkey 4' on the launcher it loads up that black screen that most games do before showing animation but then it goes back to windows.

Even some of the launcher options don't run, they completely crash.
'Configuration Options' doesn't work.
'Analyze Your Computer' doesn't work.

I download that EMI launcher and that doesn't work.

My question is clearly visible to understand, and if there's a single person that can answer this question I salute you.

How Do You Get Escape From Monkey Island Working On Windows XP?
 Glokidd
02-12-2006, 6:22 PM
you need to set compatibility mode for win 98. to do this, open my computer, right click on the cd's icon and select properties. once the properties window is opened, select the compatibility tab (around the top of the window) and check the bubble that says "use copmpatibility mode for" and select win98 in the drag down box. then try to play. if this doesnt work try uninstalling, do the process described above, then re-install. Additionally, if you dont already have it, get winxp service pack 2 from microsofts website.
Hope this helps
 bugmenotnow
09-28-2006, 3:11 PM
I set up compatibility mode for win98. the game runs, but really slowly, and after kicking the coal to the cannon, when going to the next screen (a cd shows up), the game freezes the whole computer, with no way to restore but reboot.

Incredibly the game runs a lot better on linux under WINE. It crashes randomly, but it can be playable.

Is there anothing thing i can try? I have winxp with a nvidia 6600gt card.
 Mr. Fossey
10-08-2006, 1:02 AM
Actually, I have Xp and escape from monkey island worked just fine on my computer. Try looking through an online technical help guide.
Page: 1 of 1