Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Pure Pazaak

Page: 1 of 1
 chaleur
10-05-2005, 2:04 PM
There's a few things about Pazaak that bug me, but none more so than the fact that you have to go first every time. This massively skews the game against you, because on average you will bust (go over 20) before your partner does. I guess this is the only real way I "cheat" in KotOR -- saving after every Pazaak game when it doesn't matter. I wouldn't do it if the odds were balanced, but they're not.

Other than that...it's a card counting game like Blackjack where the advantage goes to the person who knows the proportion of high to low cards left in the deck. A computer obviously has an advantage over a human in a situation like that, and I wonder if that couldn't be balanced somehow.

Anyway, I figured it was worth a thought on how this can be tweaked in KotOR III. Maybe someone has ideas, and I've seen people talk about cool ideas for new cards 'n stuff, so here's a place to put 'em.
 Darth333
10-05-2005, 2:08 PM
I think they did a good job with Pazaak in K2. You no longer have to go first all the time: it's alternate. They also speeded up the game which is good. Pazaak is nice but in K3 they could add more variety in the mini games.
 chaleur
10-05-2005, 2:20 PM
I think they did a good job with Pazaak in K2. You no longer have to go first all the time: it's alternate. They also speeded up the game which is good. Pazaak is nice but in K3 they could add more variety in the mini games.

I definitely found it easier in TSL, but I don't recall the alternating starts. Then again, I've not played it since March, since I've been avoiding my Windows Box and only playing games on the Mac.
 Bob Lion54
10-05-2005, 2:28 PM
I have to agree with D3. I would like greater veriety of minigames. Maybe a Star Wars version of roulette or a Juma Juice drinking contest! hehe

I wouldn't mind an expanded pazaak. I really like the direction they took it in K2. Maybe they could add more cards or something to expand it even more.

I want more Swoop tracks in K3. I was dissapointed K2 only had 3. I really don't care how they change it in K3 because I always use Darth333's Easy Swoop racing mod anway. I just want more tracks. (didn't K1 have 4?)

I definitely found it easier in TSL, but I don't recall the alternating starts. Then again, I've not played it since March, since I've been avoiding my Windows Box and only playing games on the Mac.
Yea, they did have alternating starts. I remember because I was quite happy about it.
 chaleur
10-05-2005, 2:36 PM
I want more Swoop tracks in K3. I was dissapointed K2 only had 3. I really don't care how they change it in K3 because I always use Darth333's Easy Swoop racing mod anway. I just want more tracks. (didn't K1 have 4?)

K1 had three: Taris, Tatooine and Manaan.

I've never used the mod, but I did find swoop racing easier in TSL. I hated it in KotOR I. It had me pulling out my hair and screaming. Though maybe it's just because I've gotten better at it and not that they changed it. On my current run through KotOR (on the Mac) I only found I had any trouble at all with Manaan.
 Bob Lion54
10-05-2005, 3:21 PM
^^^^
Ah. I believe you're right.

I donno, but somehow, it felt like K1 had more then K2.

Maybe I'm just off my rocker....

Either way, I still want more tracks.
 AnarKy
10-05-2005, 7:45 PM
I want a Derajik Hologramboard game in kotor 3, it would be so funny :D
 lukeiamyourdad
10-05-2005, 9:51 PM
K2's swoop racing wasn't easier.

Telos was very hard.

K1's swoop racing was actually easier IMO.

Pazaak is fine as it is in K2. Even in K1, I could manage to win. You just need mostly +/- cards ranging from 2 to 6. The +/- 1 card really isn't useful.
 Young Outlaw
10-06-2005, 9:35 AM
I hope that pazaak and swoop races for K3 will have some online function to them. I'd like to race some of you guys.
Page: 1 of 1