Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Do I need the cd?

Page: 1 of 1
 melord
10-05-2005, 4:57 AM
I hate having to put the cd in the drive every time, is there any way of getting around this? I found this thread in the Jedi Knight/MOTS forum:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=151934) (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=151934)

Is there any similarities?

Thanks
 shukrallah
10-05-2005, 6:48 PM
Well, you could get a NOCD Crack, but thats not supported. Plus, only cool people use CDz. So yeah, just use the CD.
 melord
10-06-2005, 1:55 PM
lol "Only cool people use CD's"

Hey the cool name is Compacto Discos okay! You are so behind the times my friend. :blast5:

Seriously I would download a NOCD crack but you never know what your getting.

Come on people gimme some suggestions!
 shukrallah
10-06-2005, 5:29 PM
Well, I don't think there is any other way to get this game to work without a CD...

If I play the same game a lot, I just leave the game in the CD drive all the time, even when the PC is off. I've left CDs in the drive for months at a time.
 acdcfanbill
10-06-2005, 8:19 PM
copy the cd and put it in a new cd drive dedicated to JA :p
 shukrallah
10-06-2005, 10:44 PM
Well, you wouldn't need to copy it, just throw a new CD drive in and leave the disk in......... forever.

BTW, its JKII!!!!!
 Kurgan
10-06-2005, 11:54 PM
Isn't there some program called Daemon Tools that lets you "mount" a disc image?

Of course you have to make a disk image, and for all I know it breaks support with single player.. but anyway, it's something you could try, since some people swear by it. Good luck!
 acdcfanbill
10-13-2005, 12:14 AM
yes there are a bunch of programs that you can use to rip a CD and maintain its protection, especially on something this old. and as i recall, jk2 might not even have any. Alcohol 120% does very well for me, it will mount CD Images as well, but Deamon Tools mounts images for free, it doesnt rip them however.
Page: 1 of 1