Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Recommend Sticky edit

Page: 1 of 1
 CrudeMatter
10-05-2005, 12:54 AM
First, thank you all for a wonderful site!!! The state of modding would be a dim shadow of itself without you... and a lot less fun.

now... to business...

I just recognized that the 1 thread for 1 mod rule in the Taris Upper City Emporium, is in part to make the weekly mod report convenient for the moderators to organize. Unfortunately, that isn't actually stated in the rules sticky. It does recommend to look at the report, but doesn't state the importance of the 1/1 rule for it. I (mistakenly) assumed that the 1/1 rule was to prevent wasting space with unneeded threads. So, trying to be unobtrusive, I started 1 thread to act as the feedback point for all my mods, and now I have 1 mod(of 9) mentioned in the report(and no feedback). Perhaps, it would be a good idea to make a note in the sticky to let new modders know that trying to be unobtrusive like that is a bad idea. I am making new threads to deal with my other mods, so no need for a moderator to clean up my mess, but perhaps the note would help other new modders avoid the problem I made for myself.
Thanks for your time.
I love your work!
---to the moderator that welcomed me (not sayin any names) <cough> chainz <cough>.... 1000 lashes with a wet noodle for not telling me when you welcomed me! :whip1: :giggle1: Totally joking... I know you all have a lot of work, and you do a splendid job! just a little recommendation from a noob nobody.---
ps: If I haven't done a sufficient job of cleaning up my mess, please let me know and I will address any issues ASAP.
thanks again.
 RedHawke
10-05-2005, 2:00 AM
I'm sorry CrudeMatter but I really don't see why the thread needs any editing?

Here is what the Rules Thread (http://64.20.36.211/showthread.php?t=152042) states about this;

Basically, there is only one rule concerning the announcement of your mods:
1 released mod=1 thread
I really don't see why an "explaination" edit to the one real rule in the rules thread is necissary... the rule is plainly indicated for all to see. In the end new modders need to recognise that the rules are there for a reason, and following them is always the best course, even if your instincts say otherwise. ;)

Now that you made your individual mod release threads things should correct themselves anyway, no need to lose any sleep over it! :)

Just my 2 cents! :D *Wait! CrudeMatter! Put that blaster away!*
 CrudeMatter
10-05-2005, 2:38 AM
yessir... :worship:

fair enough. :anvil:

sorry to bother you kind folks. :newbie:
 Prime
10-05-2005, 10:58 AM
sorry to bother you kind folks. :newbie:No bother at all. We are always happy to answer questions. :)
 CrudeMatter
10-06-2005, 6:09 AM
No bother at all. We are always happy to answer questions. :)

:confused: lol And I do appreciate it... it's very supportive of you. I know the modding community here is a great group of people, who are helpful and generous to an unusual degree. Please, don't take it as a complaint, I didn't even know that my work might be included in the report, and I certainly didn't expect it. I had only heard mention of it and I had never been to the other sites it got shared with. The 'no feedback' part was more sidenote than it was reason for my post here. I don't really expect much, if any, feedback for what is essentially the bargain bin at the mod-users 'Macy's'.
...but, since you mention it (and since I had not asked any questions)... ;)
Why isn't there a note informing would-be posters that 1 thread for each mod makes the weekly mod report more convenient(possible) to organize?
...and...
Wouldn't it be a pain to edit a locked sticky?

I didn't expect that it was for any reason other than it had not happened before... considering, the forum was made 10 days before I registered. If it is a pain, then I have no interest in making your jobs more difficult... plus, it got me out of being called a new modder in the report. lol Perhaps the normal helpfulness of the mod-com (or this thread :giggle1: ) would be enough to prevent the problem in the future. If it's not a pain, then RH was ribbin the noob. lol :fist: I'm ok with that. As for his response, he's right, and if robotic rules-obedience is a prerequisite to gaining the full benefit of these wonderful forums, I'll suck it up and deal with it, as much as it may irritate my philospohical sensibilities.(I've never been very good with rules. :naughty: ) At least I get credit for having read them(it) first. :sign2: I'm not here to change how things run, I just want to give back.
I made my recommendation. I won't have any trouble sleeping. @RH ;) And I will try to keep my instincts in check. :evil5: ...Except maybe for him... he's made the list. :snip2:
 Darth333
10-06-2005, 9:59 AM
...but, since you mention it (and since I had not asked any questions)... ;)
Why isn't there a note informing would-be posters that 1 thread for each mod makes the weekly mod report more convenient(possible) to organize? Because when we did that rule we did not have the mod review in mind but the members & guests convenience :) We made that forum a few days after PCGM closed its mod comments section so people could provide feedback on specific mods. The 1 mod = 1 thread rule makes using the search function easier. I can edit the rules later on to explain this.

If we forget something in the review (which can happen), it's always possible for a member to PM us and tell us "hey you forgot my mod" and we'll fix it.
 ET Warrior
10-06-2005, 10:04 AM
No bother at all. We are always happy to answer questions. :)That is...you know...unless we don't like you. Then we just give you dirtly looks.

Sometimes we stab.
 ChAiNz.2da
10-06-2005, 10:35 AM
That is...you know...unless we don't like you. Then we just give you dirtly looks.
yah, behold! The Dirty Look Pic (http://www.jumpstationz.com/gallery/emotes/notamused.jpg). Fear it's wrath and hope you are never the brunt of this evil scorn ;) :xp:

If we forget something in the review (which can happen), it's always possible for a member to PM us and tell us "hey you forgot my mod" and we'll fix it. Indeed. Don't hesitate to let us know if we've left something out. We've also been known to add stuff to the Report if a mod is released a couple of hours after the Report was submitted ;)
 CrudeMatter
10-06-2005, 10:57 AM
Because when we did that rule we did not have the mod review in mind but the members & guests convenience :) We made that forum a few days after PCGM closed its mod comments section so people could provide feedback on specific mods. The 1 mod = 1 thread rule makes using the search function easier. I can edit the rules later on to explain this.

If we forget something in the review (which can happen), it's always possible for a member to PM us and tell us "hey you forgot my mod" and we'll fix it.

Thank you graciously for your response. I remember reading quite a bit about the PCGM situation, and CRSeadog's(sp?) reminders. I figured it out, and I am very appreciative that the forum was made in the first place. I was never worried that you moderators had forgotten anything... it was my mess... I cleaned it up, I hope.lol Any blame fell squarely on my shoulders. Other than that, I know that remodelling is messy business and you have been doing a fabulous job. I'm not that impatient anyway, I just hope it doesn't pose a problem, next report, that I rapid-fire posted the rest of my threads. If so, I deeply apologize and I will do whatever I need to help fix that. Please forgive me if any of this has seemed confrontational. Thank you VERY much for your time and energy. :clap2:
Page: 1 of 1