Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

No Music for certain games in SCUMMVM

Page: 1 of 1
 jmartin
10-04-2005, 2:37 AM
Hey,

I have the problem where I get the sound effects but no music for some games when I run them using SCUMMVM. The funny thing is I used to have them working about a year ago, but when I tried again recently there has been no music.
The games were -
Flight of the Amazon Queen
The Secret of Monkey Island (Monkey Madness CD version)

If someone could help me out I would appreciate it.

Thanks
 Alien426
10-04-2005, 5:51 AM
AFAIK the Monkey Madness version uses CD audio. Did you put the CD in the drive or do you use MP3s/WAVs?
 jmartin
10-04-2005, 10:21 AM
I tried running it straight from the CD. When I tried playing SMI before I could actually get the music tracks to play without using SCUMMVM, but I used SCUMMVM anyway to get the sound effects. Now SCUMMVM gives me the sound effects but I can't get music at all.
 jmartin
10-04-2005, 11:37 AM
I got a new sound card recently - Soundbaster Live. I'm not sure if this has something to do with it....
 bgbennyboy
10-04-2005, 12:16 PM
Perhaps you havent linked the cd audio cable up or something. Rip the tracks to mp3 - read the scummvm readme for more info.
 jmartin
10-04-2005, 1:45 PM
If I didn't hook it up then why would I be having the same problem with Flight of the Amazon Queen? Also, would it only affect older games or would I have no CD audio?
 bgbennyboy
10-04-2005, 1:50 PM
Its just a possibility, could be a few things, perhaps your cd audio is muted or you're playing from your second cd drive (scummvm expects the first drive unless you tell it so).

Like I said - rip the tracks to mp3 and place them in the game dir. End of problem.
 jmartin
10-04-2005, 2:27 PM
Ok, I managed to get it to work and boy do I feel stupid. The only reason I'm telling you what it was is because I appreciate your help and hopefully you will get a laugh out of my naivety

You were right - the CD audio was muted!

Thanks for your help
Page: 1 of 1