Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Config file buggy: Invalid character '.' occured in domain name in line 30!

Page: 1 of 1
 BooJaka
10-03-2005, 1:29 PM
Hey! I'm trying to get Monkey Island working again so I downloaded Scumm VM Q+E and the regular Scumm VM and do all the necerssary setting up and all but everytime I do it, either from my White Label 1&2 CD or from my Monkey Madness CD, both times it claims "Config file buggy: Invalid character '.' occured in domain name in line 30!" Any ideas?
 Gabez
10-03-2005, 2:47 PM
omg wb
 bgbennyboy
10-03-2005, 5:59 PM
Look at line 30 in scummvm.ini and edit it. - c:\windows\scummvm.ini or right click the title bar in Q+E and click the option.
 BooJaka
10-05-2005, 12:40 PM
OK... so I uninstalled and reinstalled hoping that whatever didn't work would be fixed. Now though it says the problem is in Line 125. When I open the .ini file though, it's only 13 lines long... I'm sure it's probably something simple but it's been so long since I've done this kind of thing...
 bgbennyboy
10-05-2005, 1:43 PM
Hang on, is this error coming from Q+E or from ScummVM?
 BooJaka
10-05-2005, 2:10 PM
I try and run it through Q+E and the DOS Prompt disappears before I can see it so I save it as a shortcut and then open that through VDMS and the whole thing says...

VDMSound DOS loader, version 2.01 (Aug 04 2001)
Copyright (C) 2000-2001 Vlad ROMASCANU.

VDMSound is covered by the GNU Public License (GPL), version 2 or later, as
published by the Free Software Foundation, Inc. (http://www.fsf.org/).

Loading 'VDDLoader.dll'...
Successfully loaded & initialized (hVDD = 0x01).

Config file buggy: Invalid character '.' occured in domain name in line 125!

Press any key to continue . . .

I press a key and it closes which I figured would happen anyway.

As for ScummVM, I can't even open it on its own anyway without the same thing happening.

In that case, I guess it's ScummVM causing the problems. I hope that made sense to at least one person :p
 BooJaka
10-05-2005, 2:52 PM
Aha! Never mind. I think I've got it. When I had SMI selected it only came up with that game in the .ini file, however with something else selected it came up with all the games, and guess what? On line 125 it said "sky.dsk". The culprit!

Thanks for your help. I'll go back into hibernation now.
Page: 1 of 1