Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

SWRepublicCommando.exe has encountered a problem...

Page: 1 of 1
 Vampyre
10-03-2005, 3:17 AM
Hi Commandos!

I need your help!
After installation when I start Republic Commando the program starts loading, the screen turns black, but after a few seconds I am back on my desktop and the following error message appears:

SWRepublicCommando.exe has encountered a problem and must be closed

Has someone else had the same problem or does anybody know how I can get the game to work?

thx - Vampyre
 Kurgan
10-06-2005, 7:31 PM
Scan your system for viruses, and you may want to consider re-installing and re-applying the official patch...
 Vampyre
10-11-2005, 8:20 AM
Scanned my system for viruses, spyware but didn't find anything....

strange thing is - I installed the demo version of the game again - and surprise-surprise - it worked fine...

...about the patch - as far as I know the patch only adds some multiplayer maps...no changes to the game itself...
 corvin2
10-14-2005, 2:02 PM
I received the same message. I tried those things and still. I think it's something that MS did when my computer updated. It was working until I installed the windows update. Has anyone else had the same experiance?
 Kurgan
10-15-2005, 12:32 AM
Check Yoda's Help Desk, perhaps there's some info on whatever you did (XP service pack perhaps?)...
 TheSaiyan
04-20-2008, 10:27 PM
I received the same message. I tried those things and still. I think it's something that MS did when my computer updated. It was working until I installed the windows update. Has anyone else had the same experiance?

same with me :o
 ShadowSlayer661
05-04-2008, 5:16 PM
Thermaltake SopranoRS case
Antec Smart Power 2.0 500 watts
Philips 20X SATA DVD-RW
MAXTOR 300GB SATA 150 Hard drive
Gigabyte GA-MA69VM-S2 Motherboard
Socket AM2 AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ (2.1 GHZ)
Geil 2GB DDR2 800 RAM (PC2 6400) Dual Channel
Sapphire ATI HD 2600 XT 512MB GDDR 3
***I am running on Widows XP Pro SP3, v3264 as well***
:D

So I installed Republic Commando like normal. :) Turns out every time I ran the game, my screen went black and displayed the typical computer crash window. :( I then made sure i had the latest directX 9.0c(March 2008) as well as the latest ATI drives (v8.4). I also checked my sound drivers turns out, they were out of date so i update them. And I also updated my windows. So after much research from other forums one forum helped me out the most. And turns out that i could run high settings EXCEPT for and option titled "BUMP MAPPING QUALITY" in the graphics section(have to be running the game). "BUMP MAPPING QUALITY" must be set to LOW.
And everything else can be set to your own personal settings. Aviod the rumor that you can only run this game on only one CPU core. I tested that rumor and turns out it's false. Also another rumor to avoid is the one where your hard drive runs hot and causes the game to crash in which some people recommended me to spray it with compressed air. I did not have to do that making that statement false.
As for the certain drivers not working especially NVIDIA drivers, I have had no problems with it. I tested the game running several GeForce cards such as GeFORCE FX 5200, 5500, 5700 LE, 6200, 6600, and 6800GT in which ran without any problems no matter what version drivers I used. As of right now i am running those cards listed above on version 174.93 BETA for XP.

I hope this helps, mainly the people with the fast video cards like 8800GTS and above.
Page: 1 of 1