Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

StOrY IdEa fOr KoToR 3

Page: 1 of 1
 AnarKy
10-03-2005, 12:37 AM
Here is my story idea for kotor 3

It would began like ten years after kotor2. You are playing a new character, a young boy raised by carth onasi (thats is now an old admiral) and you will inherit of carth quest : find Revan. You begin seaching on corusant, continue on outer rim then in unknow region and during this quest you meet a disfigured jedi that train you. This jedi his in fact the exile that had failed finding revan and has returned from the unknow region nearly dead.
You finaly find the true sith empire and you go there and :

If revan was light side you learn that:
- He had been raised in this empire but escaped when he was young.
- In kotor 1 he was tring to raise a strong army in the repuplic to stop them.
- He his now prisoner and know there as the betrayer.

If revan was dark side you learn that :
- He was the son of the true sith leader but his father was killed in a revolution and he manage to escape.
- In kotor 1 he was tring to raise a strong army in the repuplic to eventually recover his place has the true sith leader.
- He has finaly retake his place has the old sith leader by killing there leader.

You also learn that you are his son and your mother his bastila.

Now you have the choice :
-kill your father
-join him
-bring him back to the light

thats what i have for now

If you had others ideas for my story or see something wrong with it please tell me.
 RedHawke
10-03-2005, 1:19 AM
You also learn that you are his son and your mother his bastila.
This wouldn't work as Bastila was easily killed in KOTOR... she was dead for quite a few peoples games...

:D
 Kain
10-03-2005, 2:15 AM
Didn't Carth have a son already? Oh yea, HE DID.
 Jackel
10-03-2005, 2:26 AM
Didn't Carth have a son already? Oh yea, HE DID.
I think he means Revan and Bastillas kid not Carths
 TreeX
10-03-2005, 6:31 AM
so if Revan was female you would be Revan and Carth's kid? :firehead

if so I would rather be Zaalbar's kid... sweet i getta be a furball...
 Prime
10-03-2005, 8:13 AM
I'd rather the game not be about finding Revan. I'd rather it the story be focues on the main character...
 Kain
10-03-2005, 10:16 AM
Why would Carth and Bastilla have a child? Carth was still all sad about his wife and Bastilla was having trouble expressing her emotions to someone she actually gave a damn about.
 chaleur
10-03-2005, 2:21 PM
If revan was light side you learn that:
- He had been raised in this empire but escaped when he was young.

I'm trying to follow you but getting rather confused here. By "he" in the above (and the other LS and DS points), do you mean Revan or the new PC?
 RobQel-Droma
10-03-2005, 5:08 PM
Not sure if this is supposed to be just about his story, but I thought I would share mine (although I think this is kind of like the KotOR III story ideas thread). Here is my revised story idea- (original here (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=150731&page=2))

Starting as new PC

You start out on a small planet (you're home planet) where you go through the tutorial. After that, you are caught up in a small battle between rival crime lords (put whatever names and species you want). You meet a jedi who is trying to resolve the conflict, and help him. Once you go through that whole quest, the Jedi tells you (suprise!) that you are extremely force-sensitive. He gives you a ticket to get to the starport. You head to there and take off in this big ship.

On this ship you meet your first party member, a man is heading to the Republic Academy on Coruscant. You head to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, and then you get attacked by a squadron of sith. The ship makes an emergency landing on the planet <whatever>. You find a shuttle, and then take off. In the cargo hold, you find a deactivated little utility droid with the name of... T3-M3!, your second party member. You repair him make it to the Jedi Temple. You are trained and learn how to use the force.

After your training you are sent off on a couple missions with your master, a temporary party member (could be Bastila if you said that Revan was lightsided, if not, lets call him/her Jedi Master #1). Then, when you have found what the sith were doing on these worlds, you find that these sith are being commanded by Darths <whoever>. You discover a destroyed holocron, which is what the sith were searching for.

After you have finished the planet you have a vision and head back to the Temple. Several other padawans had a similar vision, about Revan and the Exile, a female human Jedi Guardian, a twilek Jedi, and a human male Jedi who will be important later. You are sent off to one of the four worlds:Kashyyyk, Tatooine, Dantooine, and Manaan, but not Korriban, a Jedi Master is sent there. Your companion is a female Jedi Guardian who is your main female character. You finish your world and discover a mysterious Jedi Holocron not unlike the destroyed one on your first planet, which contains many Jedi Techniques, and a strange, cryptic message.

You discover that the Master sent to Korriban has dissapeared. You go there and have to infiltrate the the Sith and win the trust of the Sith leader. Once you gain entrance to the temple there, you find the corpses of the Jedi Master and of Master Vash, and you will also be discovered and have to fight the apprentice of the Sith Assassin (there will be three sith lords, a Marauder, Assassin, and Lord). You also find a Sith Holocron on Korriban, which has many dark teachings and hold more clues as to the journey of Revan and also explains more about the sith.

Your Master and the other Jedi are sent back Coruscant, but you are told to head on to Telos to meet up with Admiral Onasi (again, if Revan was either Light or Male, if not, lets just call him "Republic Admiral#1"). You will also meet a Republic Soldier that will become a party member. Not much to do on Telos, so you head to several key points - Onderon/Dxun, and Nar Shadaa. You go to Onderon, to a different city, see some of the dark side artifacts and the ruins of the ancient beast riders, along with some ancient Sith ruins under the city itself which will have half of a puzzle. Then you travel to Dxun (first if you want to), and find many sith tombs and the deserted mandalorian camp. When you have completed the first few areas, you discover the other half of the puzzle, which tells you that there is a grave of a Jedi. You fly to a small island. There you will find large ruins of a tomb, and a bunch of strange droids that attack you on sight. Once you find a way to the center of the island, you manage to find a Jedi Holocron.

Once you have recovered the Holocron, you try to head to Nar Shaddaa, but get captured in space and taken to Nal Hutta. After being thrown in prison by the Hutts, you manage to escape throuth the help of a trapped rodian, your fifth party member, who was sentenced to death. After escaping and heading out to the city with only your clothes and maybe a vibroblades and blasters you picked up escaping you get captured again by another crime lord with three powerful elite guards. Here you enlist the help of one of these three elite, who wants to get off the planet. This person is your sixth party member.

After gaining some favor with the crime lord and rising up in status a couple of times, then you get the opportunity to head to a swoop race, because he thinks you are a good swoop racer from what he is told by your friend. Here it is very easy because you can sabotage other peoples swoops if you can't win (he's not gonna care how you win). Then, you have gained enough status you can walk around his base free, and have the perfect chance to spring your escape attempt. Your next party member, shoots the other guard and is knocked out by the other one, who attacks you (one of the bosses, like Calo Nord). You have to head to the control room, you meet up with the crime lord himself, who whips out a saber and attacks you. On the remains of the Crime Lord you find a Sith Holocron, with again, more information. You shut down the security systems fight the way to the crime lords personal speeder. Now you can fly unharmed to the Hutt Palace, and get your stuff and your other party members, and your ship.

Flying away from Nal Hutta another ship comes in. It is a Mandalorian ship commanded by Canderous/Mandalore, your seventh party member.

Now, this is your last planet- The Rakata Planet. After exploring many of the islands and the temple you find a single Great Holocron. You all fly to Coruscant, your mission being done and tell them what you learned. They look at the holocrons, figure out what planet they are pointing to. You will meet the son of the Senator from the Kashyyyk system, your wookiee party member. He wants to prove himself to his tribe, and has admired the Jedi since he was born. He is your next party member.

Then, you get sent to Ziost, and here fight the Apprentice of the Sith Marauder who is honing his skills on this planet. The Apprentice it the friendly Sentinel at Coruscant. He was mad that he was not chosen for the mission, and thinks he was ignored by the council. He was also in love with a sith girl, the apprentice of the Sith Lord; she drew him to the dark side. You can only kill him, he will not be turned. The female Sith he loved follows you, and becomes your eighth party member- she can be a romance option, (to the disgust of the female Jedi).

After surviving Ziost, you get sent off to several worlds in the unknown regions in search of Revan and the Exile. On the first planet, you find the Ebon Hawk with HK-47, your ninth and final party member. Then you head off to four or five uncharted worlds in the unknown regions. Once you piece together all the information and figure out a lot about the sith, you discover what Revan and the Exile found and where they went. You head to one of the last worlds to find and defeat the evil lurking out here in the Uknown Regions, where you find Revan and the Exile, fight the Sith Assassin and the Sith Marauder who has Atton Rand prisoner. After repairing your ship which crash landed, you head back to the Republic. You discover that the Sith Lord has launched his attack on the Jedi and the Republic. You face him on board his ship in the sky of Coruscant, and manage to beat off his fleet, and drive him back to Yavin IV. You find him in a deadly temple filled with the dark side, true sith, and thousands of dark jedi and sith troopers. You duel with him several times and kill him during the last epic confrontation. At the celebration all your Jedi are promoted to Masters by Bastila and the other Council members, who Revan and the Exile have joined, and be given a medal by Carth Onasi, with Revan and the Exile there, too. Atton will also be there and recieve the Rank of Jedi Master and a medal.
The End

Phew!!! I don't think I am going to post anything else for a while... That was almost like a mini-walkthough of the game.

^^^^^
The next time you write something this large... try using some paragraphs.
This was an eyesore. Thanks for cleaning it up :D - ChAiNz.2da

Sorry. I shortened it up quite a bit and put paragraphs in.
 AnarKy
10-03-2005, 6:11 PM
I'm trying to follow you but getting rather confused here. By "he" in the above (and the other LS and DS points), do you mean Revan or the new PC?

Revan

This wouldn't work as Bastila was easily killed in KOTOR... she was dead for quite a few peoples games...

:D

I know but bastilla and revan were already in kotor 2 so put them in the 3 would not be worst.
 ForceFightWMe12
10-03-2005, 6:15 PM
You guys want my opinion on the story for KotOR 3? Read my fanfic. That should give you a good idea...

But about being Carth's kid...umm....I'm not sure about that. That would be...a little weird considering you'd be about...probably around 15 or 16 and all the rest of the KotOR PCs were...at least 20. Soo...
 AnarKy
10-03-2005, 6:28 PM
Sorry if i were confusing, i meen that your pc would be Revan and bastilla son and that carth is your adoptive father, and if you want revan as a female it could be revan and carth son.
 RedHawke
10-04-2005, 12:53 AM
I know but bastilla and revan were already in kotor 2 so put them in the 3 would not be worst.
Yes, yes it would... Errors should not be continued to a games sequel.

Sorry if i were confusing, i meen that your pc would be Revan and bastilla son and that carth is your adoptive father, and if you want revan as a female it could be revan and carth son.
Sorry but that just doesn't work! Remember that the storyline needs to be able to take into account how each player ended KOTOR and TSL... not just how it ended for you. ;)

Carth can be killed if Revan is a DS Female...

Bastila can be killed if Revan LS...

So them having children with Revan is impossible... remember not everyone see's Carth in TSL, and the fact OE included Bastila for LS Revan, when she shouldn't have been there, is an error on their part, and part of the whole "TSL was rushed" argument. They needed an extra question for Bastila appearing if Revan was LS.

In some peoples games Bastila was very much dead, and it was quite distracting for them when she 'accidentally' appears in TSL.
 Kain
10-04-2005, 1:17 AM
They should just do a questionaire at the beginning of the game, similar to the Elder Scrolls series questionaire used to determine a class based upon you. It could ask you questions about the series leading up to the point, determining the fate of NPC's and main characters(Revan and Exile, that is)based on how you played before. Thus it would ask you what you did in each particular situation as a certain character(example: Atop the Rawhateverthe****theircalledka temple you:
A: Kill Bastilla for her failure to the Light
B: Redeem Bastilla to the Light
C: Join Bastilla and kill your enemies

Now obviously you couldn't kill her then and there, but A wouldn't shift you toward any side particullarly. Sure you murdered her, but you did it for the Light.
 Aurora Merlow
10-04-2005, 4:44 AM
it could just ask you questions throughout the game that determine what happened in the previous 2 and then according to that it it would work out who is you mother and father. Personally i kinda like the idea
 RobQel-Droma
10-04-2005, 9:17 AM
^^^^^
The next time you write something this large... try using some paragraphs.
This was (is) an eyesore. - ChAiNz.2da

Yeah, I know, I got a bit carried away with that :roleyess:. The problem was, I had all these ideas that I wanted to share, so it turns into a 102 line epic (yes I am not kidding). If you want, I can shorten it way down. Otherwise, I will put paragraphs in and think next time before I write something of this size.
 ChAiNz.2da
10-04-2005, 9:47 AM
Yeah, I know, I got a bit carried away with that :roleyess:. The problem was, I had all these ideas that I wanted to share, so it turns into a 102 line epic (yes I am not kidding). If you want, I can shorten it way down. Otherwise, I will put paragraphs in and think next time before I write something of this size.
Not a probem.. we like peepz with ideas. I just wanted to make sure members here would take the time to read yours ;) One huge streaming block of text tends to get ignored.

Thanks for cleaning it up :thumbsup:
 Kain
10-04-2005, 10:11 AM
Yea, but questions throughout the game tend to lead to innacuracies and inconsistancies, as your mind isn't set in the other games when your into the current one. A questionaire in the very beginning, before you even make your character, would leave your answers consistant and have your entire history set up.

Seriously, the past thats let on little by little bull**** is a dead horse.
 Slave.
10-04-2005, 10:31 AM
I had an idea about the ending of Kotor III, although I'm not too clued up on the EU so it might not fit into the timeline. But what if at the end of it, whether you are dark or light, the Sith army is completely destroyed, somehow leading into the only ever being 2 Sith at one time timeline.
 RobQel-Droma
10-04-2005, 10:43 AM
As far as I know, that is quite a bit later in the timeline, between the armies of darkness and light- the leaders were I thought Master Hoth, and Lord Kaan. Darth Bane escaped the battle when Kaan used a thought bomb- a powerful weopon of the force that killed all around you. This annihilated the Sith and Jedi army. So, Bane decided that the Sith would only be two, because there was too much fighting for power and it was spread too thin.
 AnarKy
10-04-2005, 6:02 PM
I had an idea about the ending of Kotor III, although I'm not too clued up on the EU so it might not fit into the timeline. But what if at the end of it, whether you are dark or light, the Sith army is completely destroyed, somehow leading into the only ever being 2 Sith at one time timeline.

I agree, if kotor 3 his the last kotor game, its beter to finish the serie with a single end. The two ending pattern, light and dark, must converge in the same final situation.
 DarthVandar205
10-06-2005, 8:42 PM
I just think that you should be able to find Revan and depending on weither your light or dark side depends on weither you join him or kill him. I also think they should throw Coruscant in the game at the beginning when you go to talk with the Jedi Masters about your mission because its never been in KOTOR game before *besides that trial thingy in K2*.
 chaleur
10-06-2005, 9:35 PM
I agree, if kotor 3 his the last kotor game, its beter to finish the serie with a single end. The two ending pattern, light and dark, must converge in the same final situation.

I can see your point, but I still hope there's more than one ending, because I am greedy. Though -- just some permutations for the overall story, 'cause I'm a mathematician at heart.

KotOR 1 = DS/LS * M/F = 2C1 * 2C1 = 2 * 2 = 4 PATHS! = Okay.
KotOR 2 = K1 * DS/LS * M/F = 4 * 2C1 * 2C1 = 4 * 2 * 2 = 16 PATHS! = Not so bad.
KotOR 3 = K2 * DS/LS * M/F = 16 * 2C1 * 2C1 = 16 * 2 * 2 = 64 PATHS! = Erm.

For innerested non-maths geeks:

C = Choose Operator (http://mathworld.wolfram.com/BinomialCoefficient.html) = (n!) / ( (n - k)! k! )
! = Factorial Operator (http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Factorial.html) = n * n-1 * ... * 1

Interesting to think how many possibilities there'll be at the end of K3. Fortunately, not all of the possibilities need to be considered in all situations, so it's not quite as intractible as it sounds. Then think about K4 for a sec:

KotOR 4 = K3 * DS/LS * M/F = 64 * 2C1 * 2C1 = 64 * 2 * 2 = 256 PATHS! = ARRGH!

256 paths? Oh dear. Kinda supports your way of thinkin', don't it?
 Vibro
10-07-2005, 12:36 PM
The story isn't to bad just that it has obvious problems all of which are posted above. As I've said quite often on this Forum, I'd like the story to be about tracking down Revan. At first I liked the idea of the Exile being your PC but now I'd prefer it to be a whole new PC.

I also like the idea of starting on Coruscant and the Jedi Order giving you your mission/training etc.

One thing I'd definately like improved are the starts to the games. For me both K1 and K2 were quite boring to start with (especially the second time round). Perhaps having a new PC who is already a Jedi and is in the middle of his/her training could solve this?
 The_Maker
10-07-2005, 1:04 PM
This is a dumb idea I am sorry, Bastila and Carth? You HAVE to be kidding me...

Anyhow, I just don't see how it would work, even if it was 2 years after kotor 2 and kotor 2 was 5 years after kotor 1, and Carth magically had enough time to get intimate with bastila the punk would only be seven years old =/
And further more jedi aren't allowed to have children so this would totally %$&* up the story line.

Also, what if Bastila went to the darkside in K1? What if she died in K1?

And besides, Carth never liked bastila in the way you are thinking, as a leader? Maybe. He liked (the female) revan more than any other chick character.

Dumb idea.

'Nuff said.

Edit: And please try to restain yourself from misusing the shift and capslock keys so your posts lOoK LiKe tHiS wHiCh iZ hArD 2 rEaD
 chaleur
10-07-2005, 3:09 PM
And besides, Carth never liked bastila in the way you are thinking, as a leader? Maybe. He liked (the female) revan more than any other chick character.

Umm...maybe they both felt betrayed after Revan (male or female) took off, and it was a kinda comfort thang? And then the kidlet was sucked into a vortex that travelled at near absolute-zero on the speed scale. Since everyone else was moving (galaxies are always in motion), he aged a lot faster than them (relativity). Then the vortex was sucked into a wormhole (held open by some conveniently placed strange matter), that deposited him/her back at the right place and time.

I'm not sayin' I'd vote for it. I just like finding reasons for seemingly impossible/incongruous plot elements to happen. It's more fun and challenging than finding reasons why they can't happen -- that's easy. And IMHO, it's a necessary skill for most genre fandoms ;-).
 The_Maker
10-08-2005, 1:12 AM
o_0

If you want to make up your own wild Kotor fantasies do it Here (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=640) :xp:
Page: 1 of 1