Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Anyone else getting this stupid problem with the Beta?

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord Vader 89
10-01-2005, 11:02 PM
It keeps saying "Connection to host lost." when I join some servers. It always happens in the Yavin Space map and sometimes in the Utapau map. Never on the Tantive IV map. Anyone know how to solve this problem? And yes I have all the anti-virus stuff off, and have opened all the required ports for gamespy on both my router and windows. This has prevented me from playing the space map, which is the main reason that I downloaded the beta for.
 zerted
10-02-2005, 1:40 AM
You connection might not be fast enough to keep a signal with the server, or you may have to many programs/services open.
 MachineCult
10-02-2005, 6:36 AM
I downloaded it ok, but when i try and run it nothing happens.
 Kurgan
10-02-2005, 8:02 PM
Scan for viruses... or perhaps you've gotten a corrupt download. ;P
 zerted
10-02-2005, 8:55 PM
I downloaded it ok, but when i try and run it nothing happens.
Make sure you have Administrator permissions before you try to install it.
 Kurgan
10-06-2005, 2:22 PM
If you've got a firewall or router, you may need to open some ports. I am not sure exactly what port ranges SWBF2 beta uses though...

But with my software firewall, I just gave the Exe permissions, so it works.
 Darth Derkie
10-07-2005, 12:00 PM
I had those Connection to host lost messages too. I solved it by re-installing win xp. And I also solved my issiue with the comp being slower than it should be.
 zerted
10-07-2005, 10:47 PM
I had those Connection to host lost messages too. I solved it by re-installing win xp. And I also solved my issiue with the comp being slower than it should be.
Re-installing WinXP, seems pretty drastic... Did you re-install all the Windows patches too? If not, re-install tha patches and see if that breaks SWBF2, then lets us know. Are you sure windows firewall wasn't on?
 Darth Derkie
10-08-2005, 5:30 AM
No, i just updated it... or something like that. I didn't have to remove all my files, everything is still installed.
 THX1138_Scorpio
10-08-2005, 8:43 AM
It keeps saying "Connection to host lost." when I join some servers. It always happens in the Yavin Space map and sometimes in the Utapau map. Never on the Tantive IV map. Anyone know how to solve this problem? And yes I have all the anti-virus stuff off, and have opened all the required ports for gamespy on both my router and windows. This has prevented me from playing the space map, which is the main reason that I downloaded the beta for.

I've had that problem maybe 1 in 10 servers I join. Just pick a new server if that happens.

But as for firewalls/routers, I have a linksys router and didn't have to open ANY ports specifically for SW:BF2. LA learned from its mistake with SW:GB and decided to use common gaming ports.
 zerted
10-08-2005, 8:53 AM
...and have opened all the required ports for gamespy on both my router and windows. ...
Lord Vader: Try it with your firewalls off (both hardware and software ones).
 THX1138_Scorpio
10-08-2005, 9:49 AM
I said I wasn't having any problems....
 master_skywalke
10-08-2005, 9:51 AM
I got the same problem, but first I get major lag.This only happens on servers with over 50 people.
 MandaloreBIC
11-03-2005, 1:29 AM
it happns all the time, you just got serious lag is all
Page: 1 of 1