Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dodging

Page: 1 of 1
 Maxstate
09-30-2005, 10:52 AM
Is there a way to dodge more shots from lets say disruptors? It happens quite randomly now, and if so, does anyone know how to enable it? Is there a mod for it?

Reborns seem to dodge every single shot, how?
 acdcfanbill
09-30-2005, 12:44 PM
they are the computer :s turn on force_seeing to dodge in mp.
 Maxstate
09-30-2005, 2:02 PM
I know about MultiPlayer but i was talking about singleplayer. Sorry for not mentioning that, nevermind ive found out how to dodge.
The point is that you need to have a full forcebar and Kyle will dodge a disruptor shot.
 Kurgan
09-30-2005, 2:30 PM
In MP doding automatically happens above the waist with Force Seeing Level 3 on primary disruptor shots.

In Single Player it's rather random, you can't really control it. If you set the difficulty to normal, it will happen sometimes, and if you set it to easy it will happen most often. I've never seen it happen on hard.

You can "lean" in SP, but it really doesn't help you dodge shots (even though it looks like it would, it doesn't).
 riceplant
09-30-2005, 10:09 PM
I thought you could lean to dodge shots? I'm sure I've done it before, although it requires good reflexes to be any use.
 Kurgan
09-30-2005, 11:27 PM
Since leaning reduces your target area only by a tiny fraction I don't see how its really that beneficial. If you happen to have been leaning in such a way that the shot actually misses you're pretty good. But for the most part it won't help you. This is seperate from the "auto dodge" force power, which you have no manual control over in Single Player.

If anything, ducking or stepping to the side would be more effective means of avoiding sniper fire.
 Maxstate
10-01-2005, 5:23 AM
Start your game on hard mode and spawn one rodian, then let him shoot you everytime your force bar fills up completely. That works, pretty fun.
 Kain
10-01-2005, 6:31 AM
Glad they fixed that in JA. I love dodging Stormtroopers shots as opposed to deflecting them as I slowly move in for the horrible maiming.
 Kurgan
10-01-2005, 4:07 PM
Start your game on hard mode and spawn one rodian, then let him shoot you everytime your force bar fills up completely. That works, pretty fun.

You're saying you can auto-dodge? I've never seen the dodge work in Hard mode, but maybe I missed something (or my mana bar was only 99% or something).

I'll try it out when I get time I guess...

If you're right and it's merely a function of having full mana, that's much more useful than simple randomness, though I wish they'd just used the MP system of Force Seeing 3...
Page: 1 of 1