Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Creepiest moments?

Page: 3 of 4
 Klia
10-10-2005, 6:27 PM
Woah. I'm afraid I don't get this one. Explain. NOW.

Does it need explaining? Okay. Well...

1. Did you SEE the way they kept on looking at eachother (well, when the G- Man Sewer Worker wasn't stuffing his face with the plunger). It was so obvious they had something going on.

2. (insert really cool, long, and smart sounding explanation of thier rich background with each other.)

3. (uhhh.....G-MEN!!!)
 Purple Squid
10-10-2005, 6:29 PM
Ew. I'm not going to go into that one. Not at all.

BUT THERE IS SO TOTALLY PROOF OF LOVE IN THE CACCON THREAD. I POSTED.
 DarthAve
10-10-2005, 6:29 PM
Yeah, G-men are totally hot for eachother. G-men love affair!!! oh, a fanfic waiting to happen!!
 Purple Squid
10-10-2005, 6:31 PM
Yeah, G-men are totally hot for eachother. G-men love affair!!! oh, a fanfic waiting to happen!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. NO. NONONONONONONO.

FREAKING CENSOR NO.

And Klia, you're signature is totally misquoting me.
 DarthAve
10-10-2005, 6:33 PM
Why no??
 Purple Squid
10-10-2005, 6:34 PM
Why no??

Because there is such obvious proof in G-Man/Rainbow Squirt.
 DarthAve
10-10-2005, 6:44 PM
but still, G-man hedge trimmer and G-man Pie maker are married, but Sexy G-man Sewer worker comes along and ruins the marrige of the G-man hedge trimmer and Pie maker.
 Klia
10-10-2005, 6:52 PM
but still, G-man hedge trimmer and G-man Pie maker are married, but Sexy G-man Sewer worker comes along and ruins the marrige of the G-man hedge trimmer and Pie maker.

Like a love-triangle?
 Purple Squid
10-10-2005, 6:53 PM
Like a love-triangle?

Like a hate triangle.
 DarthAve
10-10-2005, 6:56 PM
wow, kinda both.
 Purple Squid
10-10-2005, 6:58 PM
Yes. And then one would realise his love for Rainbow Squirt #1, and Freddy would totally go for Becky.
 Klia
10-10-2005, 7:05 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. NO. NONONONONONONO.

FREAKING CENSOR NO.

And Klia, you're signature is totally misquoting me.

Alright...now that this thread sounds like a freakin orgy I'm going to stop posting in it.

I needed to misquote it..it sounds funnier.
 Purple Squid
10-10-2005, 7:09 PM
Alright...now that this thread sounds like a freakin orgy I'm going to stop posting in it.

I needed to misquote it..it sounds funnier.

Why do you keep doing this to me? It's one thing to innuendo someone every once in a while, but all the time? Pssht. Spreading it thin.

RAWR. Another creepy moment in the game is watching Boyd as he has nervous spasms in front of the tower, ready to throw in the bottle and do his job... watch his face. So much detail.
 Klia
10-10-2005, 7:22 PM
Why do you keep doing this to me? It's one thing to innuendo someone every once in a while, but all the time? Pssht. Spreading it thin.

RAWR. Another creepy moment in the game is watching Boyd as he has nervous spasms in front of the tower, ready to throw in the bottle and do his job... watch his face. So much detail.

(This has turned into the creepy thread)

Another creepy part is when you steal Gloria's trophy. The face she makes...scary, just scary. Her voice is also pretty strange. It sounds like she's talking through something. Maybe that's more symbolism.

Cool but creepy.

Loboto's first brain expirement was creepy. The whole mind**** of it all. Gah! He walks like a spider and has a devil mouth. Something that makes him extremely cool.
 DarthAve
10-10-2005, 7:50 PM
and Sexy!!!(on the Dr. L note)
 Klia
10-10-2005, 7:55 PM

Dude. I just stand for hours listening to what he says. Some funny...some just plain creepy.
 Purple Squid
10-10-2005, 8:03 PM
Dude. I just stand for hours listening to what he says. Some funny...some just plain creepy.

Yup. He scares the crap out of me, sometimes. Because I seriously used to be like that. 0__-' That was worth an anime emoticon.
 timydamonkey
10-16-2005, 7:55 PM
Hmm, there are quite a lot.

Milla's nightmares, yes.

"Help us Milla... help us..."
"Why did you let us die...?"

And not really creepy, but a bit messed up: Clem and Crystal. You see them hiding poison behind their backs. You see them on the roof. (I actually thought they were trying to off Raz, at one point). Then Crystal goes on about they were trying to commit suicide. O.o Creepy in a not scary way.

I actually thought the scene where Loboto took out Dogen's brain was pretty scary, what with Dogen screaming in the background.

Ooh, looking at Boyd. You could tell he was meant to be insane with the design of his eyes, I thought. That sounds weird, though.
 Klia
10-16-2005, 8:04 PM
Talking about the insane aspect of the game made me sad. These people have a mental illness, the worse kind. It's not romantic, it's not funny, it's the sad side of humanity.

Dr. Loboto seemed like the comical interpretation of the monster that lives in children's closets. The one with the different colored eyes and the eternally laughing smile. Looking over some of my older monster drawing's of a child shows an eerily similiar face to Loboto's.
 timydamonkey
10-16-2005, 8:09 PM
Yeah, I liked the way they didn't really try to sugarcoat that. I really liked the design of the minds of the insane.

Gloria's mind was done very well considering she's bipolar - they brought her past together with her illness, for what sort of world she lives in. With Boyd, he's a paranoid guy who believes in conspiracies... that was done excellently, in my opinion.

I like how it doesn't belittle insanity. With Loboto, it's a comedic view of an insane guy, I think, but it doesn't go, "and this isn't important", it just adds humour because frankly, he's in some scary scenes, and the humour covers over that - like the dialogue in the scene where Loboto removes Dogen's brain.
 Purple Squid
10-16-2005, 8:12 PM
Talking about the insane aspect of the game made me sad. These people have a mental illness, the worse kind. It's not romantic, it's not funny, it's the sad side of humanity.

Dr. Loboto seemed like the comical interpretation of the monster that lives in children's closets. The one with the different colored eyes and the eternally laughing smile. Looking over some of my older monster drawing's of a child shows an eerily similiar face to Loboto's.

Hm. It seems you take the insanity of these characters very seriously.

I agree.

But even if the insanity is horribly sad and makes you want to cry, I know I did once in a while, the way they were brought to life was... well... scary. And yet funny. I'm not sure where the crip-crap you got the idea that some people think insanity is romantic, though...

Loboto didn't scare me in the way I expected he would. This is GOOD. As much as I like scary bad guys, I don't think I would like him as much if his personality was a forced type of scary. He's scary in his own way.

My childhood under-the-bed monster pictures look like him, too. Preminitions, perhaps? No smiley.

God damn. This is one emotional game.
 Klia
10-16-2005, 8:15 PM
Yeah, I liked the way they didn't really try to sugarcoat that. I really liked the design of the minds of the insane.

Gloria's mind was done very well considering she's bipolar - they brought her past together with her illness, for what sort of world she lives in. With Boyd, he's a paranoid guy who believes in conspiracies... that was done excellently, in my opinion.

I like how it doesn't belittle insanity. With Loboto, it's a comedic view of an insane guy, I think, but it doesn't go, "and this isn't important", it just adds humour because frankly, he's in some scary scenes, and the humour covers over that - like the dialogue in the scene where Loboto removes Dogen's brain.

Yeah they crossed a very fine line. The line of humour and being plain cruel and they did it brilliantly. They let the characters speak for themselves and let us interpret it at will.

When you visit more of the forum you'll see a lot of that interpreting.

One amazing part of Loboto's past is the whole Lungfish vault that he stars in. Go to the second part of that vault when you can only see his feet. It reminds me of something, I can't put my finger on it. Funny, but creep as you see it unfold and you can't stop it.
 Klia
10-16-2005, 8:17 PM
Hm. It seems you take the insanity of these characters very seriously.
I'm not sure where the crip-crap you got the idea that some people think insanity is romantic, though...

That's because I take insanity seriously. The romantic aspect of insanity infuriates me. I cannot stand it. They're completly ignoring and dumbing down the pain it is for loved ones and for the person. It's just another fetish that people have though, we can't stop them from thinking that.

The squirrels don't tell you to do anything people that's just you trying to fit in, sound clever, and be cool.

Thank god for DoubleFine.
 Purple Squid
10-16-2005, 8:22 PM
That's because I take insanity seriously. The romantic aspect of insanity infuriates me. I cannot stand it. They're completly ignoring and dumbing down the pain it is for loved ones and for the person. It's just another fetish that people have though, we can't stop them from thinking that.

The squirrels don't tell you to do anything people that's just you trying to fit in, sound clever, and be cool.

Thank god for DoubleFine.

Thank you. I understand now...

I'm very tired of the people who go around saying 'omg i so crazy!'

DoubleFine, where would I be without you?
 timydamonkey
10-16-2005, 8:24 PM

That irritates me, too. I guess it really depends on your interpretation of the word 'crazy' - some people use it very, very loosely.
 Paranoidish
10-16-2005, 8:24 PM
Thank you. I understand now...

DoubleFine, where would I be without you?

Same here. I notice a lot of fangirls do that now. They try and act like they're insane or on a sugah!high!. Yeah, DoubleFine puts everything into presepective.
 Purple Squid
10-16-2005, 8:27 PM
That irritates me, too. I guess it really depends on your interpretation of the word 'crazy' - some people use it very, very loosely.

I have only one definition for crazy. And it is sad.

Same here. I notice a lot of fangirls do that now. They try and act like they're insane or on a sugah!high!. Yeah, DoubleFine puts everything into presepective.

Because they think saying random crap like 'OMG moo!' and 'LOLZ sephirtoth iz mah toast!" and then saying 'Oh, I'm sorry. I'm just so crazy! pillspillspills!' is oh, so cute.
 Paranoidish
10-16-2005, 8:28 PM

Hmmm...it reminds me of this one rpg I was in. It was about an insane asylum so of course I joined it. Anyway, most people's idea of crazy was either a cutter goth or just a really random napoleon quote spouting person.

Nonetheless, it was an rpg and I soon quit. I'm spoiled from Psychonauts with its well-fleshed out insane peoples.
 Purple Squid
10-16-2005, 8:30 PM
Hmmm...it reminds me of this one rpg I was in. It was about an insane asylum so of course I joined it. Anyway, most people's idea of crazy was either a cutter goth or just a really random napoleon quote spouting person.

Nonetheless, it was an rpg and I soon quit. I'm spoiled from Psychonauts with its well-fleshed out insane peoples.

There are quite a bit of those people running around. I guess whatever turns heads...
 Paranoidish
10-16-2005, 8:41 PM
There are quite a bit of those people running around. I guess whatever turns heads...

Yeah. I should get som pixah stixz and go on a sugah high so you'll all pay attention to me. Give me love!!!

(Actually, I sound quite like an emo...or a teenage girl)
 Purple Squid
10-16-2005, 8:43 PM
Yeah. I should get som pixah stixz and go on a sugah high so you'll all pay attention to me. Give me love!!!

(Actually, I sound quite like an emo...or a teenage girl)

Hm. Teenage girl? I don't know any of them--oh wait! I am one!

lolz1111! sasha is such a bishie!!!!
 Klia
10-16-2005, 8:43 PM
Alright. Alright enough with the bashing.
 Purple Squid
10-16-2005, 8:45 PM
Yes, yes. But this doesn't count as bashing.

This counts as...

Yeah. Eventually someone like that will join, and we'll have a problem.

You know what was scary to me? The Catwalks in Gloria's mind. Oooh. At first I didn't know why things were falling on me, and the music didn't help.

I noticed that Edgar's mind doesn't seem to be scary at all. Hm.
 Klia
10-16-2005, 8:52 PM
Yes, yes. But this doesn't count as bashing.

This counts as...

Yeah. Eventually someone like that will join, and we'll have a problem.

You know what was scary to me? The Catwalks in Gloria's mind. Oooh. At first I didn't know why things were falling on me, and the music didn't help.

I noticed that Edgar's mind doesn't seem to be scary at all. Hm.

WHAT? You didn't consider Edgar's girlfriend one bit creepy? Me neither, I found her funny.

Now that I think back to Gloria's mind, it was so full of mind**** it's not funny. The way Jasper paces back and forth as he looks down on everybody, the audience you couldn't see but was always laughing, the remnants of Gloria's acting life hanging on.

Jasper was creepy. I was so tensed up when I had to beat him.

What do you mean eventually. We already have people on this board. *CoughKliaCough*

I hope *coughKlia* doesn't notice.
 Purple Squid
10-16-2005, 8:56 PM
WHAT? You didn't consider Edgar's girlfriend one bit creepy? Me neither, I found her funny.

Now that I think back to Gloria's mind, it was so full of mind**** it's not funny. The way Jasper paces back and forth as he looks down on everybody, the audience you couldn't see but was always laughing, the remnants of Gloria's acting life hanging on.

Jasper was creepy. I was so tensed up when I had to beat him.

What do you mean eventually. We already have people on this board. *CoughKliaCough*

I hope *coughKlia* doesn't notice.

But, Klia. I have never heard you say 'bishie' out of humorous context before. That's the kind of people we're talking about.

I was too busy laughing at the critic joke to think Jasper was creepy. I DID, however, find the laughing-but-not-existing audience to be quite creepy.

And Dingo's chin was kind of creepy.
 Paranoidish
10-16-2005, 9:03 PM

I thought his rear end was creepy. Not that I was looking or anything...
 TyraaRane
10-16-2005, 9:03 PM

I wasn't creeped out by Dingo's chin so much as I was his butt. And the way Lampita's boobs kept jiggling. Seriously weirded out by that, y'all. Every time.

...Did I just post that? Crap, I did. *facepalm*
 Purple Squid
10-16-2005, 9:04 PM
I thought his rear end was creepy. Not that I was looking or anything...

Hm. I just replayed the movie and you're very right.

Very. Very. Right.
 Paranoidish
10-16-2005, 9:05 PM
I wasn't creeped out by Dingo's chin so much as I was his butt. And the way Lampita's boobs kept jiggling. Seriously weirded out by that, y'all. Every time.

Don't worry...I did too.
 Purple Squid
10-16-2005, 9:06 PM

Wow. All of these posts just make me more afraid to go back into Edgar's mind.
 Paranoidish
10-16-2005, 9:06 PM
Hm. I just replayed the movie and you're very right.

Very. Very. Right.

You mean to say you've never noticed it before? It just seemed so obvious.

I can't beleive I'm typing this.
 Paranoidish
10-16-2005, 9:07 PM
Wow. All of these posts just make me more afraid to go back into Edgar's mind.

Yeah, Edgar's mind should win an award for having the creepiest moments.
 Purple Squid
10-16-2005, 9:09 PM
You mean to say you've never noticed it before? It just seemed so obvious.

I can't beleive I'm typing this.

Well, it isn't like I was looking.

I was busy trying to comprehend TK, which I had had no practice at.

And I don't really want to look, really.
 Paranoidish
10-16-2005, 9:12 PM
Well, it isn't like I was looking.

I wasn't looking. Definetly... not. :naughty:
 Purple Squid
10-18-2005, 11:34 AM
I wasn't looking. Definetly... not. :naughty:

Oh, snap.

That unibrow smiley is creepier than anything in the game.
 Ray_the_psychic
10-18-2005, 3:25 PM
I have only one definition for crazy. And it is sad.

Because they think saying random crap like 'OMG moo!' and 'LOLZ sephirtoth iz mah toast!" and then saying 'Oh, I'm sorry. I'm just so crazy! pillspillspills!' is oh, so cute.

hey was Sephiroth mentioned in there because that is from my 2nd favorite game oh and wtb is "LOLZ sephiroth iz mah toast" that made me laugh a few times but after that it's just plain stupid and Purple you're right they need pillz oh and back on topic what scares me is Oleander's back story/ childhood story
 Klia
10-18-2005, 3:27 PM
How does Oleander's backstory scare you?

Just for disscussion..
 Ray_the_psychic
10-18-2005, 3:32 PM
well wouldn't you be scared if your dad was a butcher that cuts up everything that moves except you and thinks that everything that moves was a bunny except you?
I mean put yourself in Oly's shoes.
 Klia
10-18-2005, 4:17 PM
well wouldn't you be scared if your dad was a butcher that cuts up everything that moves except you and thinks that everything that moves was a bunny except you?
I mean put yourself in Oly's shoes.

It didn't creep me out as much as make me feel bad for Oly. I'm sure as a child he was pretty creeped out by such images, but as he grew up they were reminders of the failure that he thinks he was.

It basically a pit of all of his bad memories. So for Oly, scary as hell. For me..not scary. We do all have different freak factors though, so I understand.
 zelda 41
02-12-2006, 3:11 PM
Yeah they're REALLY MESSED UP

I wonder what would happen if you could go in the cage they're held in...
Page: 3 of 4