Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

This has gone too far...

Page: 1 of 1
 Vladimir-Vlada
09-29-2005, 4:49 PM
I have noticed that most people are arguing about what should be or not be in KOTOR 3. And I have changed my opinion to something different, let me explain:

KOTOR, as a game, was made to impress everyone. It was meant to have all people praise it's virtues and complain a little about it's flaws. During the development of KOTOR 1 and 2, most people didn't complain how it would look like, because no one didn't know or had any expectations, so everything was fine. But when there came a possibility of KOTOR 3 and the story, virtues and flaws of KOTOR; everyone went: "WE WANT THIS and WE WANT THAT!/YOU CAN'T HAVE THIS and YOU CAN'T HAVE THAT!" flaming and comments.

Now KOTOR 3 has been reduced from it's previous title of unique game which is favored by everyone to a giant money-bag filling fan pleaser. To worst part of it is: that now it can only please one group. So then after it's realease, some fans will be disapointed, others will be enlighted. And they will be divided into enemy groups, where they will flame each other at how is it supposed to be and how it was supposed to be.

So the honor of KOTOR has been ruined, because of our spoilness and bratiness.

So I am asking everyone these questions: "Why is everyone making such a big fuss about it? and Who is going to satisfy our expectations?"

I like KOTOR 1 and 2. And they were great unique games that were the best of all times; but now they are money-bag filling fan pleasers. But they would only please one group.

So I have thought up and think that we have ruined enough KOTOR's honor and title, so I have a wish:

I DON'T WANT KOTOR 3 TO BE MADE

This is also a message to the developer team. Dev's, don't make KOTOR 3, you will save a lot of people from disapointment, flaming and save a great games honor.

So, let's cut it out already. I think that KOTOR is good as it is.
 Killwithhonor
09-29-2005, 5:43 PM
I can see where wher your coming from, but i want to know what happens to the exile and revan, they left us at a cliff hanger, they kinda have to make it
 RobQel-Droma
09-29-2005, 6:31 PM
I don't know why you would say that. I mean, as killwithhonor said, they left a LOT of room and unanswered questions for a sequel. Besides, I don't think that all this terrible stuff is going to happen, since I bet that there will people who thought K2 should have been different and I will also bet there are people who think it was great. I really don't think that they should leave a tremendous series unfinished just because, as you said, our spoiledness and bratiness. And if K3 came out, I don't give a care if you are playing the Exile, Revan, or a totally new PC, or if you are playing as Atton or Juhani or even Suvam Tan. I'd buy it anyways, because I have some faith that whoever will make it won't mess it up completely or leave the storyline unfinished.
 The_Maker
09-29-2005, 8:02 PM
I personally think you're insane saying you don't want Kotor 3 to be made =/

That would have been like saying "I don't want ROTS to be released because we all know what happens" back before May. Sure we know what happens, but we want to see what other things happen, what new battles will occur etc. Sorry but I really just don't see how Kotor 3 can be a bad thing. Lucasarts hasn't let us down with the Kotor franchise yet and seeing as how K2's storyline was full of holes K3 should obviously fill in those holes.

Just my 2 cents however *sigh*
 Blaze629
09-29-2005, 8:02 PM
I don't see a ton of flaming on this board so I don't know where you get that. I see some but I've seen a LOT worse. Not since I started posting here. I see mostly positive feedback and great ideas on this forum for the next game and the previous two. KOTOR III will be made whether you want it to be made or not Vladimir. Lucasarts makes too much money with this series and the critical accolades from leading game critics indicate that the third one is inevitable. Most of us here know it and the vast majority of us will be happy with it no matter what.
 Blaze629
09-29-2005, 8:04 PM
That would have been like saying "I don't want ROTS to be released because we [i]all[/i ]know what happens" back before May. Sorry but I really just don't see how Kotor 3 can be a bad thing. Lucasarts hasn't let us down with the Kotor franchise yet and seeing as how K2's storyline was full of holes K3 should obviously fill in those holes.

Just my 2 cents however *sigh*

Exactly right. Good point(s).
 fresnosmokey02
09-29-2005, 8:33 PM
You know, if you don't want to buy the game, don't buy it, if you don't like the posts on this site, don't read them. It's as simple as that. I am not saying this angrily, just a statement of fact. If and when K3 gets made, most people will be happy just to have the game. No matter what direction the game or the story goes. I for one will definately buy it and probably play the crap out of it, even if it doesn't follow what I want. It probably won't anyway. I am not working on the game. The vision, the scope, the storyline, and the quality are up to the developers. Quite frankly it really wouldn't be much fun to play for me if they used all my ideas and that goes the same for everyone else. You play these games to learn the story, to figure out optimum play. You can't do that if the game is made totally to your specifications. It's much more fun to go into the game not knowing those kinds of details. If one or two of my, your, our ideas do get incorporated into the game, It will be almost certainly be coincidental.

And I haven't seen anyone flame or get flamed on this board. I have seen one or two "You're a moron" or "You're an idiot". But so what? I see no anger or hatred. Just mild disagreement. Big deal.

The point is that the developers are going to make the game they're going to make. We're all going to buy it and we'll all be happy we got the game and we'll have a good time playing it. Period.
 ForceFightWMe12
09-29-2005, 10:36 PM
I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with you, Vladimir.

See, when KotOR II came out, and I saw that you were the Exile instead of Revan or Bastila or someone, I was like 'man, this is BS'. But then, I got playing it and found it just as enjoyable as K1. Albiet the story wasn't as great, but it was a very quick release date...

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that no matter what the developers do with K3, I'm sure that it will work. Just as RobQuel-Droma said, I have trust that the developer won't screw it up completely. So, while I would rather Exile be the PC, I would be just fine with a new character. Either way, I'm buying and playing that game.
 Jeff
09-29-2005, 10:44 PM
 stingerhs
09-30-2005, 12:15 AM
@ Vlad- but why spoil the fun for everyone else?? just because you're frustrated with everyone else's differing opinions doesn't mean the game shouldn't be made.

and i'm seriously wondering why this game can't just appeal to the fans. Kotor I recieved multiple GotY awards while Kotor II recieved many RPGotY awards which is credit to both games' abilities to appeal to a broad spectrum of gamers. if Kotor III stays true to the formula established in the previous games, i highly doubt that it wouldn't appeal to a broad spectrum of gamers.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
09-30-2005, 1:22 AM
Vlad, no offense meant buddy, but what your accusing us of doing is the exact same thing that you do when you cry out against stuff like capitalism.
It's a fact that people want their voice to be heard, and they think this is the best place to do it.
We all post here because we want the game to follow (while still being revolutionary of course) what our own vision of KotOR is, wether it's stuff we wish we had before, or the purging of what annoyed us.
Even if they don't want to use our ideas, we at least have the hope that if the developers did read our posts then they may get inspiration for something even we never would've dreamed of...
 montnoir
09-30-2005, 4:43 AM
I can see where wher your coming from, but i want to know what happens to the exile and revan, they left us at a cliff hanger, they kinda have to make it
I really couldn't care less about the exile and revan. They have already served their purpose. In my mind I already know what their fates are. Their mysteriousness is what makes them great and interesting characters.

What I want from KotoR 3 is a Star Wars Role Playing Game. In which I assume the role of a character and then have the freedom to play him in any way I want and to develop him in any way I want. I want to explore the Star Wars galaxy on my own with a character to my liking.

That's the point of a Role Playing Game.
 CrudeMatter
09-30-2005, 7:29 AM
Who is going to satisfy our expectations?"

We are. (if you mean anything beyond having a mostly-functioning game) I don't think anyone on the boards genuinely expects to be the deciding factor in any plotpoints or features or anything. Fans are excited about a new game, theres nothing wrong with that. You could find more flaming at a frat-house if you asked "Padme or Leah?"

I can appreciate you wanting a more free RPG experience in the EU. Being an old-school role-player, I'm with you. In the same light, the more the merrier. as long as we can mod. However, that sounds like a more complicated and costly product, that tech and method may not be up to yet... not to mention the original creator's desire for continuity within the inspired story-line. ...and since they're all made to make a profit, I don't understand where the honor comes into it, except perhaps from the untold hours of passion-driven, FREE, work done by the mod-com. theres honor... the rest was business. If you honor the original inspiration, then why are you so eager to make it 'entirely' your own with a free-rein-RPG in which, it would be impossible to maintain the aforementioned continuity, without limiting your gameplay to 'small' events? in which case try galaxies. at any rate...It seems kinda petty and spiteful to request not developing a game because fan discussions offend your fan sensibilities, and because LA hasn't catered to your desires more. spoiled brattiness indeed. ease up, dude... maybe it would be a good idea to take a break from the threads that frustrate you for a while.
 Prime
09-30-2005, 10:21 AM
I think it should be made. It will be fun.
 El Sitherino
09-30-2005, 10:37 AM
As long as there are still lightsabers and journeys to go on, I'll be fine.

I would like to be a wookiee though.... rip off arms and club people with them.
 BumpoTheHutt
09-30-2005, 10:38 AM
if you asked "Padme or Leah?"

To which I happily reply, "Both!" :)
 CrudeMatter
09-30-2005, 12:03 PM
To which I happily reply, "Both!" :)

lol I sit corrected. who's gonna disagree with that? I was going to say "new thread?" lol...but, thats pretty much the thread, no?
 Darth333
09-30-2005, 12:54 PM
To worst part of it is: that now it can only please one group. So then after it's realease, some fans will be disapointed, others will be enlighted.
A game can never please to everyone, there will always be people who will like it and others who will not. If they were to only make games that please to everyone, there would be no games at all. I consider that having no Kotor 3 would be a greater disappointment than having one...

And they will be divided into enemy groups, where they will flame each other at how is it supposed to be and how it was supposed to be. It's not because someone doesn't like something that I like that he/she becomes my ennemy :confused: debating is not flaming. A good old debate can be fun when the discussion remains civilized.
 Bob Lion54
09-30-2005, 1:41 PM
Making a game that everyone likes is impossible. For one thing, there are people that will hate it no matter how good it is. There are also people who will like it no matter how crappy it is.

Hmmmmmm..........

Maybe they should stop making games all together. Sports should be outlawed, too. For that matter, we should hunt down and kill all politicians. While we're at it, lets just kill the whole human race. Its not like we are ever going to all get along. If we are all dead, then we can't disagree. No, we shouldn't do that. Then we would have to argue about how to bring about Armageddon.....
 RobQel-Droma
09-30-2005, 1:55 PM
Making a game that everyone likes is impossible. For one thing, there are people that will hate it no matter how good it is. There are also people who will like it no matter how crappy it is.

A game can never please to everyone, there will always be people who will like it and others who will not. If they were to only make games that please to everyone, there would be no games at all. I consider that having no Kotor 3 would be a greater disappointment than having one...

Exactly what I was trying to say. The fact is, some people won't like it and some people will. Do you really think that just because of what is going on here that suddenly we caused the game to be "not perfect"!!! I don't really think that we were able of ruin it-it is going to be ruined for other people already!!! I will bet you everything that some people out there are going to hate KotOR III's guts, even if only just a little bit.
 Jamps
09-30-2005, 5:55 PM
If you don't want Kotor 3, don't buy it if it is made. Very simple.

I loved Kotor 2, and so did many of my friends. The ending definately calls for a sequal. Kotor 2 didn't please everyone, but many fans of Star Wars loved it. A game can't please every single person who buys it.
 Emperor Devon
09-30-2005, 7:05 PM
No offense, Vlad, but video games aren't about honor. They're supposed to be fun, which is what KOTOR 1 and 2 have been, and which (hopefully) KOTOR 3 will be. Making KOTOR 3 will be a great conclusion to a great trilogy, and there is no reason not to do so just because some people aren't satisfied. If you're angry about all the debates going on, then you shouldn't come to this part of LF.
 mxsuprastang
09-30-2005, 7:38 PM
I think no matter what, everyone is pleased with both of the KotOR games. Everyone bought them for a reason, played them for a reason and is looking forward to a third for a reason. . .THEY LIKE THEM! So to say that only one group will be pleased, I think, is inaccurate. Sure, some would rather have certain features, but everyone has that about every game. I wish BF2 had certain things, and if they make another BF, that one may not be perfect either. The point is, there is no perfect video game for everyone. . .but what's the harm in trying?
 Vladimir-Vlada
10-01-2005, 9:59 AM
Exactly what I was trying to say. The fact is, some people won't like it and some people will. Do you really think that just because of what is going on here that suddenly we caused the game to be "not perfect"!!! I don't really think that we were able of ruin it-it is going to be ruined for other people already!!! I will bet you everything that some people out there are going to hate KotOR III's guts, even if only just a little bit.

YES. It's OUR fault. Our bratiness and spoilness are really a thing that we are all supposed to be ASHAMED of. I mean, I can only imagine what kind of complaing and arguing that the developers have on THEIR forums. It's enough for them that they have to make it because Lucas Arts forces them to do it, but now WE are forcing hem to do it. When they look somewhere, like here, they think :"HOLY S**T! I better not mention KOTOR 3 here, it's enough that those guys at my forums complain and argue." And the worst part is: that if they are really trying to pick up ideas and sugestions out of all fans, then they will have to draw out aspects out of EVERY SINGLE idea that has been posted by us. And in the end, they end up drinking sleeping pills, we end up with even MORE complaints, unsatisfactory and wants.

I think that the developers have a right to tells us after all the comotion about KOTOR 3, to tell us to PISS OFF. And it would be like this, and I believe that they have a right to say this:

"You want KOTOR 3, huh? You want to find out what happened to Revan and the Exile? Here's an idea: Go and write S**TTY Fan Fiction and make worthless mods! That way you'll make all of us happy."

And if they said something like that, then I would consider them some of the greatest people that have ever lived.

So here's my worry (NOTE: I know that I had an opinion contradicting this, but I changed my mind): If they listen to fans, it would only ruin it for everyone, or only a half of it; anyway you look at it, is BAD. SO:

DEVELOPERS, DON'T MAKE KOTOR 3 IF YOU ARE GOING TO LISTEN TO FANS, YOU WILL RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE IF YOU DO THAT

But if they do deciede to make it, then:

DON'T LISTEN TO FANS, I TRUST INTO YOUR CREATIVITY AND SKILLS

And for the rest of us, is this:

PEOPLE, LET'S ALL JUST SHUT UP, STAY PUT AND HOPE FOR THE BEST

That's all what I am going to say, for now. I hope that I cleared my opinion on this matter.
 FunSolo
10-01-2005, 10:43 AM
i dont wanna disrespect you, but this is the worst sh*t i ever read in a game-forum.
its up to the devteam if they want to create another part of the story and to come up wit ideas, it doesnt depend on anyone here.
sure, they listen to fans and want to satisfiy them, but its still their decision what to do. so if they wanna surprise us with not mentioned stuff its still all good even if they decide to choose another way which is not wanted by the fans. it all depends on the result. nothing more nothing less. this way they made up the other 2 titles and this way will it be for a third part.
so stop bullsh*ttin here like this would be the most important thang.
 Darth333
10-01-2005, 10:49 AM
Vlad tone down a little please. Those caps look pretty bad. And don't worry, the devs would never listen to everyone. They know their job and ther's nothing worng with people telling what they would like to see in the game.
 Vladimir-Vlada
10-01-2005, 11:17 AM
FunSolo, you wouldn't mind reading my post above yours as a favor, would you?^_^

Vlad tone down a little please.
Sorry.

Those caps look pretty bad.
Oh, sorry about that. I'll get to editing those caps locks as soon as I can.

And don't worry, the devs would never listen to everyone.
Well, I think that the best thing is that they don't listen to anyone. They did a great job without listening to us in the first place. That's all.

They know their job and ther's nothing worng with people telling what they would like to see in the game.
True. But it is bad that they put that in the game, they will make a game the way that they think that it will be for the best.

So I think that it is pointless that any of us say anymore: "Who would like what in KOTOR 3." And argue who is right about thinking what would have and what will be. So let's just stop fighting and be at peace. All right? :)
 Darth333
10-01-2005, 11:21 AM
So I think that it is pointless that any of us say anymore: "Who would like what in KOTOR 3." And argue who is right about thinking what would have and what will be. So let's just stop fighting and be at peace. All right? :)
We're not fighting, just having fun giving our ideas. It's not because the opinions are different that we fight...

and it's good people show an interest in the game.
 FunSolo
10-01-2005, 11:28 AM
plus it shows the passion for a game they made, i think thats the second biggest compliment for a creator. (first would be imitating :P)
 Vladimir-Vlada
10-01-2005, 11:31 AM
It's not because the opinions are different that we fight...
Hmmm... Then it is obvious that you aren't aware of the situation that was occuring in the 'KOTOR 3 guessings' thread. So when you read the posts of me, LIYAD, RedHawke and so on, you'll understand what I mean.
 Darth333
10-01-2005, 11:41 AM
C'mon, that's just friendly poking. They do this you because you bite ;) There's nothing agressive in their posts. Lighten up a bit Vlad and have some fun instead of making a drama out of that.
 Vladimir-Vlada
10-01-2005, 11:51 AM
C'mon, that's just friendly poking. They do this you because you bite There's nothing agressive in their posts. Lighten up a bit Vlad and have some fun instead of making a drama out of that.
You're right, it's just that I get a bit uptight sometimes (family characteristic). I just think that it's better that the developers think what is KOTOR 3 going to look like instead of us. :)
 BumpoTheHutt
10-01-2005, 12:06 PM
You're right, it's just that I get a bit uptight sometimes (family characteristic). I just think that it's better that the developers think what is KOTOR 3 going to look like instead of us. :)

And I'll bet that that's exactly what they will do, would have done, regardless of what is or is not posted here or anywhere else.

We're just a group of people who like to discuss something that we commonly enjoy. And as long as we all stay respectful, we should have the right to say whatever we want.

Lighten up, Vlad. It's just a game. And we're all just sharing opinions. :)

Have a great day.
 CrudeMatter
10-01-2005, 2:12 PM
After all is said and done about Kotor III, I don't want them to ever stop making new stuff from the original inspiration.(movies, series', games, etc.) The Star Wars universe has been a fixture in the whole lifespan (so far) of an entire generation(older than many of you). Its just plain classic. There have been countless parodies, imitations, and quotings, and thats just fine. Long Live the EU! Theres plenty of room. ...and I have little doubt that being included in the phenomenon in any way(working at ILM, being a Lucas-approved author, or even seeing one tiny thing of yours anywhere in it...) would be nothing less than a dream come true, for any fan. I've never known anyone that would actually expect it. To bid that it stop is tantamount to fan-heresy.

-for the record... I am not a blind loyalist type fan... I actually resent some things about the phenomenon. eg. I will never forgive them for not including more fencing technique in the movies' saber-play(esp. the earlier trilogy). There seems to be an undue dedication to kendo and/or broadsword technique. I know little girls that could've beaten Vader with the fight-choreography he was given... and thats just not right. Aldo Nadi, Cappo Ferro, Silver, Musashi, and all the old masters probably spin in their graves. It even bugs me that they spell it "saber" rather than "sabre".lol- ...but I still love them for what they brought us, and it's hard to imagine the rest of my life without more when its been there all along. Regardless of the resentment I would be absolutely honored to be given the opportunity to choreograph 1 duel, whether it made it to end-production or not....and I would make damn sure it was the best stuff I'd ever done.
I say keep on truckin'. I'll take kotor MCXXVII if I'm still around...and I might bitch to high heaven about it, but I'll never want them to stop.
 Kain
10-01-2005, 3:17 PM
Yea, I could see Darth Vader with a hand over his head or on his hip as he does lil hops back and forth with his blade out in front of him going *breath*En garde*breath*

Doesn't exactly do the films justice. Besides, no sword fight really looks like that. Even the most finesse fights are still rather sloppy.
 Darth InSidious
10-01-2005, 3:27 PM
If discussion=argument, and argument=row, what is the point of a forum and visiting one, Vlad?
 CrudeMatter
10-01-2005, 3:45 PM
Yea, I could see Darth Vader with a hand over his head or on his hip as he does lil hops back and forth with his blade out in front of him going *breath*En garde*breath*

Doesn't exactly do the films justice. Besides, no sword fight really looks like that. Even the most finesse fights are still rather sloppy.

If you'd care to discuss this, I think it should be a new thread.
no need to hijack.
 lukeiamyourdad
10-01-2005, 9:49 PM
sabre=British spelling

saber=American spelling ;)

Star Wars was made by an american, K1 was made by Canadians, who don't know which spelling style to use, so they picked one and K2 was made by a bunch of American guys.

So... :)
 RobQel-Droma
10-01-2005, 10:15 PM
YES. It's OUR fault. Our bratiness and spoilness are really a thing that we are all supposed to be ASHAMED of. I mean, I can only imagine what kind of complaing and arguing that the developers have on THEIR forums. It's enough for them that they have to make it because Lucas Arts forces them to do it, but now WE are forcing hem to do it. When they look somewhere, like here, they think :"HOLY S**T! I better not mention KOTOR 3 here, it's enough that those guys at my forums complain and argue." And the worst part is: that if they are really trying to pick up ideas and sugestions out of all fans, then they will have to draw out aspects out of EVERY SINGLE idea that has been posted by us. And in the end, they end up drinking sleeping pills, we end up with even MORE complaints, unsatisfactory and wants.

I don't think that it has been any different in any other types of games there have been in the past, and I am not talking about just Star Wars games. And no, they are definitely not going to take ideas from ever single idea, that would be pointless, and it is completely impossible any ways because ideas will contradict.

OUR fault? I have said this before, but come on, just because we got into arguments doesn't mean anything, even if we shut down the whole website and never said anything, and just let them deliver, there are going to be those who will be dissapointed. I don't really understand where "fighting" is going on that you keep mentioned. What do the thread names say!?!!??
KotOR III GUESSINGS
Want you would LIKE in KotOR III
KotOR III story IDEAS
You know what, I do not see one single What BETTER be in KotOR three, and I do not see any What the KotOR III Story BETTER Be!!! I am not holding my breath to see if my ideas are used, the devs might have better ones!!! Most of the reason I posted stuff was just to present what I thought would be kind of cool and see if any body else had some good or cool ideas, not to scream and shout at the devs and say, "IF THIS IS NOT IN HERE...!!!" and then add in whatever you want.

Hmmm... Then it is obvious that you aren't aware of the situation that was occuring in the 'KOTOR 3 guessings' thread. So when you read the posts of me, LIYAD, RedHawke and so on, you'll understand what I mean.

I was posting stuff in there during that whole debate or argument, whatever you want to call it, over Revan vs. New PC, although there might be others you are referring to. If you ask me, I was not this huge screaming fight with people shouting at each other saying, "YOU IDIOT!!!!!!, or YOU MORON!!!!!." It wasn't that long of a time that I personally thought that there was kind of a argument going on.

Finally, games are not made to please everyone. Since that is hopeless, it is better that half of the people love it, and half of them hate it, as long as it is a suitable ending for a GREAT series of games. I don't really care if my ideas were used or not, if all of them were the game probably would have been made to just please me. I hope that the devs are not going to listen to us and try to please us, as you said, that is what mods are for. The maximum, and the only, expectation I have of them is not that they put the things in and make the game and the ending the way I want it to be, I only want them to put the things in and make the game and the ending the way in needs to be.
 SITHSLAYER133
10-02-2005, 2:09 AM
i think killwithhonor is right theres nothin worse than an incomplete storyline
with out k3 being made it would be like watching a 3parter pf stargate and missing the finish which would suck majorly
 RedHawke
10-02-2005, 3:18 AM
I was waiting for you to mention me Vlad! :tsk:

:eyeraise: It is apparent from your previous and above posts that you have no clue as to what developing a game is like. There is a ton more going on than reading the inane posts of people debating features on a fan forum. I have some expirience with developing an RPG, the development guidelines, how to cater to your target audience, and focusing on the features that audience will enjoy most, but since KOTOR III is a sequel they have to keep the game in the style of it's predecessors, to massively alter gameplay at this time would be catastrophic... that is what the Developers of KOTOR III will follow, wheather you personally agree with, or even like it, is of no consequence.

Also you have no basis to whine about our posts in response to others, we have the right to do so, just like you do... what you, and some others wanted to do to the game, was some of the lousiest ideas I have heard of, short of the BetaMax! :p Don't knock me or LIAYD for stating our opinions.

Seriously, this thread is another pointless rant against everyone who thinks differently from you! Like we are persecuting you or something? Actually Vlad, about this persecution subject, better check yourself, please read that thread (http://64.20.36.211/showthread.php?t=150839) you mention, you will read on page 1 (http://64.20.36.211/showthread.php?t=150839&page=1) that I posted my opinion in the thread you made, saying nothing to you, you then took it upon yourself to create the "situation" by debating what I said because you disagreed with it, not LIAYD or myself. Before you go off preaching to the masses you really need to confirm what acually happened, and perhaps practice what you preach. ;)

This is a forum, and as such disagreements happen, most of the empassioned ones end with an agreement to disagree, but most of us here are pretty lighthearted about our posts. Though you seem unable to grasp this part as you seem lighthearted one day, and a full blown "drama queen" the next. This thread is obviously one of your "drama" days... we can tell. ;)

In the end Vlad, buddy please lighten up! I enjoyed our little debates, I never took them too seriously, at least not as seriously as you seem to. Stressing out about things that don't matter like this will surely lead you to a heart attack by the time you reach 40! That's never a good thing!

Peace! :)
 CrudeMatter
10-02-2005, 4:01 AM
sabre=British spelling

saber=American spelling ;)

Star Wars was made by an american, K1 was made by Canadians, who don't know which spelling style to use, so they picked one and K2 was made by a bunch of American guys.

So... :)

I'm an American guy, and I grasp the difference. and btw - the etymology of "sabre" shows that its french... like some of the most foundational fencing styles. As in "sabreur", someone who uses one. American english, being derivitive of "the king's english", then "saber" is as english as it is american.
but ennyhoo like I said... if the fencing/sabre vs saber question warrants it, then it should be a new thread. ...or am I being paranoid about hijacking?
 fresnosmokey02
10-02-2005, 9:15 AM
Ummmmmm, question...what is betamax? As far as I know it is the video tape type that lost out to VHS when VCR's were still relatively new, but y'all seem to be referring to something different.
 lukeiamyourdad
10-02-2005, 9:48 AM
btw - the etymology of "sabre" shows that its french... like some of the most foundational fencing styles. As in "sabreur", someone who uses one.

Indeed "sabre" is french, but "sabre" in english doesn't come from "sabreur" even if they sound similar.
 Vladimir-Vlada
10-02-2005, 12:50 PM
I was waiting for you to mention me Vlad! :tsk:

:eyeraise: It is apparent from your previous and above posts that you have no clue as to what developing a game is like. There is a ton more going on than reading the inane posts of people debating features on a fan forum. I have some expirience with developing an RPG, the development guidelines, how to cater to your target audience, and focusing on the features that audience will enjoy most, but since KOTOR III is a sequel they have to keep the game in the style of it's predecessors, to massively alter gameplay at this time would be catastrophic... that is what the Developers of KOTOR III will follow, wheather you personally agree with, or even like it, is of no consequence.

Also you have no basis to whine about our posts in response to others, we have the right to do so, just like you do... what you, and some others wanted to do to the game, was some of the lousiest ideas I have heard of, short of the BetaMax! :p Don't knock me or LIAYD for stating our opinions.

Seriously, this thread is another pointless rant against everyone who thinks differently from you! Like we are persecuting you or something? Actually Vlad, about this persecution subject, better check yourself, please read that thread (http://64.20.36.211/showthread.php?t=150839) you mention, you will read on page 1 (http://64.20.36.211/showthread.php?t=150839&page=1) that I posted my opinion in the thread you made, saying nothing to you, you then took it upon yourself to create the "situation" by debating what I said because you disagreed with it, not LIAYD or myself. Before you go off preaching to the masses you really need to confirm what acually happened, and perhaps practice what you preach. ;)

This is a forum, and as such disagreements happen, most of the empassioned ones end with an agreement to disagree, but most of us here are pretty lighthearted about our posts. Though you seem unable to grasp this part as you seem lighthearted one day, and a full blown "drama queen" the next. This thread is obviously one of your "drama" days... we can tell. ;)

In the end Vlad, buddy please lighten up! I enjoyed our little debates, I never took them too seriously, at least not as seriously as you seem to. Stressing out about things that don't matter like this will surely lead you to a heart attack by the time you reach 40! That's never a good thing!

Peace! :)
* Sigh... *

Guess that I will never be taken seriously, huh? :(
I apologise to everyone on this site for my statements or opinions that have insulted most of the people I know. I apologise to RedHawke, RobQel Droma and LIYAD for my... bratty, intolerant and spoiled behaviour. (to say the least). :(

P.S. Yay 500th post! :(
 SITHSLAYER133
10-02-2005, 2:22 PM
me i just think these convos are quite interesting because every1 has a different spin on things which is kinda cool
 RedHawke
10-03-2005, 2:35 AM
Ummmmmm, question...what is betamax? As far as I know it is the video tape type that lost out to VHS when VCR's were still relatively new,
That's exactly it! :D

but y'all seem to be referring to something different.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/wtf.gif) What could have possibly gave you that impression?

me i just think these convos are quite interesting because every1 has a different spin on things which is kinda cool
Exactly! ;)

* Sigh... *

Guess that I will never be taken seriously, huh? :(
Well Vlad, since you sometimes post with a lot of passion and drama, even this one has some, it is hard to take someone like this seriously... I mean really, step back and think about it, posting a post like you have stating your reasons to not have KOTOR III is a little over the top, drama-wise, for a Star Wars KOTOR fan forum. Don't you agree?

All this because myself and others had views opposed to yours... that's a little silly, and as such you tend to be taken as less than serious, yes.

bratty, intolerant and spoiled behaviour. (to say the least). :(
Here's where you go all "drama" on us with this post. Putting yourelf down tends to help you seem more "drama" and less serious... you could have just used the word "behavior" here. Just FYI! :)

I apologise to everyone on this site for my statements or opinions that have insulted most of the people I know. I apologise to RedHawke, RobQel Droma and LIYAD for my...(Quote Altered) behaviour.
*Pats Vlad on the back*

It's ok! ;)
 Aurora Merlow
10-04-2005, 6:31 AM
Wow!!! this thread is full on. I don't mind that people hopes differ than mine, when TSL's came out i was a bit like forcefight, a bit annoyed i wasn't revan, but when i got into the game it was still awsome. kotor 3 might not turn out exactly how i want it but like TSL i am sure it will still be awsome.

I actually think it won't do justice to the series if it isn't made. To leave us all hanging and have loads of loose ends would do more harm than to make it, and not satisfy everyone's dreams of how it should be.
 Darth InSidious
10-04-2005, 7:04 AM
American english, being derivitive of "the king's english", then "saber" is as english as it is american.
but ennyhoo like I said... if the fencing/sabre vs saber question warrants it, then it should be a new thread. ...or am I being paranoid about hijacking?

I didn't know Noah Webster was declared a king :xp:

Anyway, you know what they say..."Two nations divided by one language"....
Page: 1 of 1